Jack White (f1 Personally Bred)

• Thread starter DrPhillippe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Okay so I'm just going to dive right into it. I'm brand new here. My name is Dr Philippe. I have been growing & breeding cannabis for over 25yrs. Here's one of many projects I'd like to share with you. Now for some quick background info. I once lived in the land of opportunities known as Nor Cal. It was about a 2hr drive to a much respected spot called: Oaksterdam. For any of you who were familar with the first cannabis college of America feel free to give me a shout out. Anyways, I obtained several different very rare & extremely hard to find clone only strains such as: XJ-13 (Jack Herer X G13), Purple Kush, Casey Jones, Purple Urkel, Og Kush (Nor Cal Cut), Jack the Ripper, Strawberry Chunk (Strawberry Cough X Chocolate Chunk), Agent Orange, etc. I'm sure there's more but that's all that my stoner ass can remember right now. Anyways not to brag or anything but since I am a smart & wise stoner, I decided to cross out & breed every single Oaksterdam strain that I've EVER obtained! This thread along with more to follow will be my quest to find & produce the dankest F1 strains from our fallen comrade Oaksterdam who btw was attacked by the Federal pigs awhile back. From my understanding none of the old skool strains survived the raid. I was both lucky and smart enough to produce a shitload of seed stalk that I have vaulted away! Now all of that background info is out of the way let's move on. For the past 5yrs I have been working on perfecting many of my Oaksterdam crosses. I chose a real basic, simple & legendary strain to cross each of the Oaksterdam strains with and that was the great White Rhino from Greenhouse seeds. Since I had ALL males out of a batch of 10 beans I carefully selected the dankest, smellest, vigorous & most resilient male. I called him WR#1. I took many clones from WR#1 & flowered them out to only capture & preserve the pollen. My first cross was the OG (Nor Cal Cutting) I crossed this dank Og with the White Rhino #1 selected pollen. The result was crazy! I had a ton of different phenos. All of which I nicknamed: "White Phantom". After about 3-4yrs of crossing and back crossing I finally obtained two solid phenos: WP1 & WP2. One was alot more indica domaint probably like 80/20. Two was alot more sativa dominant probably around 70/30. I had both phenos lab tested at over 24% THC. The sativa dominant pheno tested the highest. Okay so I'm getting a little bit off track here. But I wanted to give you as much details as possible into a longtime project. Therefore you know that I know what the hell I'm doing. This isn't some closet grower talking a bunch of senseless bullshit and spreading around random pollen to every random plant they get. Alright so now I got to a pretty happy place with the White Phantom. I started a few more projects. The one I'm going to talk most about and dedicate this thread to is the XJ-13 X White Rhino. I called this "Jack White" I'm about a little over a year into this cross. If any of you had ever had the pleasure of smoking the original XJ-13 you might be asking yourself wtf did he cross it for? It's super frosty, smelly and honestly some of the dankest weed Oaksterdam had. It also has the legendary G13 in it? So why cross it? I'll get to that and answer those questions in a follow up post later. But for now my device is dying and I wouldn't want to lose all of the progress I just typed so I gotta run. But stay tuned! Here's a little peak at what to expect in this thread...

Jack white f1 personally bred
Jack white f1 personally bred 2
Jack white f1 personally bred 3
Last edited:
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I'm very familiar with Oaksterdam. They are here in my backyard essentially. Luckily I still have access to all the premium genetics available throughout the Bay Area and Northern California. Awesome that you decided to cross all of their strains. Which pic is what cross though?

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

I'm very familiar with Oaksterdam. They are here in my backyard essentially. Luckily I still have access to all the premium genetics available throughout the Bay Area and Northern California. Awesome that you decided to cross all of their strains. Which pic is what cross though?

So to answer your question GrowzNCali those pics are of the Jack White. My most recent work which started out as an XJ-13 Oaksterdam clone that got dusted with some primo White Rhino jizz...lmao

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Ah ic, 2nd pic looked different hue in the bud.

Different phenos. But same cross. I'm still working on which pheno I like best? It's hard to make my mind up because each pheno blows me out so bad. I'm personally leaning to the more sativa dom version. I love how I can get stoned for 4hrs off one fatty. The sativa pheno provides you with a knock out head high where it's actually leveled me and put me lights out on my couch! I've been smoking weed for almost 30yrs and that's never happened to me before with any other sativa dominant strain other than this!

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Different phenos. But same cross. I'm still working on which pheno I like best? It's hard to make my mind up because each pheno blows me out so bad. I'm personally leaning to the more sativa dom version. I love how I can get stoned for 4hrs off one fatty. The sativa pheno provides you with a knock out head high where it's actually leveled me and put me lights out on my couch! I've been smoking weed for almost 30yrs and that's never happened to me before with any other sativa dominant strain other than this!

Nice. I've been reading up on phenotypes recently. So what environmental differences did you introduce to create each of these phenotypes?

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Nice. I've been reading up on phenotypes recently. So what environmental differences did you introduce to create each of these phenotypes?

So check if out. Phenotypes are not determined by environmental differences or changes to a grow style or regime. A phenotype is predetermined by that plant's particular gentic makeup. The certain traits of X, Y or Z phenotypes happen at a celluar level. For an example. X is crossed with Y which equals Z. However Z is now considered "unstable" or F1. Lets say you make 100 F1 (Z) seeds. All of these F1 (Z) seeds will each be it's own "pheno". You would essentially have 100 different "phenotypes". Now you take these 100 phenos and select the best 50. You name these something like Pheno1, Pheno2, Pheno 3 and so on. Now you select the next best 25 and start looking for traits. What's more like parent X or parent Y? Which do you want to be more dominant parent X or parent Y? Are you looking for more weight? A better high? More bag appeal? You decide which phenos represent the scientific standard you set. So once you narrow it down to (10) selected phenos you can start cross pollinating and making F2s or you could choose to backcross to a specific parent to achieve a specific trait in a new pheno that you have not yet achieved. Once you have your best Indica pheno, Hybrid pheno and Sativa pheno you can then begin working on creating F3s, F4s, F5s and F6s. Once you reach an F6+ you pretty much have achieved genetic stablization. Because you have ran through six plus generations of said pheno. I know that all sounds crazy as bat shit. But I hope you understand.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

So check if out. Phenotypes are not determined by environmental differences or changes to a grow style or regime. A phenotype is predetermined by that plant's particular gentic makeup. The certain traits of X, Y or Z phenotypes happen at a celluar level. For an example. X is crossed with Y which equals Z. However Z is now considered "unstable" or F1. Lets say you make 100 F1 (Z) seeds. All of these F1 (Z) seeds will each be it's own "pheno". You would essentially have 100 different "phenotypes". Now you take these 100 phenos and select the best 50. You name these something like Pheno1, Pheno2, Pheno 3 and so on. Now you select the next best 25 and start looking for traits. What's more like parent X or parent Y? Which do you want to be more dominant parent X or parent Y? Are you looking for more weight? A better high? More bag appeal? You decide which phenos represent the scientific standard you set. So once you narrow it down to (10) selected phenos you can start cross pollinating and making F2s or you could choose to backcross to a specific parent to achieve a specific trait in a new pheno that you have not yet achieved. Once you have your best Indica pheno, Hybrid pheno and Sativa pheno you can then begin working on creating F3s, F4s, F5s and F6s. Once you reach an F6+ you pretty much have achieved genetic stablization. Because you have ran through six plus generations of said pheno. I know that all sounds crazy as bat shit. But I hope you understand.

Actually, it is very helpful. I guess I had a basic understanding of phenotypes. I had read they were different physical realizations of the same genotype based on environment differences. In other words, different potential realized from the same genetic makeup.

K

kansabis

Actually, it is very helpful. I guess I had a basic understanding of phenotypes. I had read they were different physical realizations of the same genotype based on environment differences. In other words, different potential realized from the same genetic makeup.
Yeah I think you have better knowledge of breeding and genetics than the breeder of over 25 years lol sorry I just had to,maybe his stoner mind just got em confused a bit.

snoplow20

snoplow20

This information in my opinion is incorrect. Environmental conditions can bring out phenotypical expressions in your plants. Also, f1 generations are considered to be mostly stable. Once you get to your f2s and f3 is when things get crazy with your phenos. Never heard of a hundred seeds being a hundred different phenos though. Thats just completely incorrect. Im sorry to call you out bro, but you claimed to be this super smart grower. And most of this post is incorrect.

brazel

brazel

This information in my opinion is incorrect. Environmental conditions can bring out phenotypical expressions in your plants. Also, f1 generations are considered to be mostly stable. Once you get to your f2s and f3 is when things get crazy with your phenos. Never heard of a hundred seeds being a hundred different phenos though. Thats just completely incorrect. Im sorry to call you out bro, but you claimed to be this super smart grower. And most of this post is incorrect.
Ha
And correct
Genotype genetics
Phenotype trait expressions and can be Influenced by environmental factors.

Easy example growing plant in colder temps sometimes turns purple.

That's the environment turning that phenotype of those genetics purple

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
...."not to brag or anything but since I am a smart & wise stoner"....yet you brag....heh...keep learning from the plant...its waay wiser then Us...

50% genetic + 50% enviro = 100% expression....and thats a natural Law that can't be broken...
FOE20

brazel

brazel

...."not to brag or anything but since I am a smart & wise stoner"....yet you brag....heh...keep learning from the plant...its waay wiser then Us...

50% genetic + 50% enviro = 100% expression....and thats a natural Law that can't be broken...
FOE20
Well shit it ain't the first time I've been wrong and it won't be the last!

I thought the genetics have different expressions and the expressions could be affected by the environment.

So I had it backwards?
When genetics are effected by environment that creates the expression?
That does make since!
Bong!
Thanks for the correction!

snoplow20

snoplow20

hey Dr.P,
I was in class number 11 at oaksterdam It was very early on. care to sell some clones? I am working with"The white" right
now and looking for some white buffalo.I am really having a hard time finding it .:( . but I am interested in the rhino.
please pm me.thank you
Somebody should tell these newbie members that they shouldnt be asking for cuts on the public forum. Just asking to get kicked off.

i

snoplow20

snoplow20

hey Dr.P,
I was in class number 11 at oaksterdam It was very early on. care to sell some clones? I am working with"The white" right
now and looking for some white buffalo.I am really having a hard time finding it .:( . but I am interested in the rhino.
please pm me.thank you

i
Somebody should point out to these new forum members thats its not a good idea to be asking for cuts on the public forum. Good way to kicked off the farm.

DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Alrightie I'm back. I had to harvest a few girls. So I'v been SUPER busy these past few days. Anyways let's dive back into this. Why did I decide to cross the XJ-13 with the White Rhino? Here's my reasons. First of the Oaksterdam XJ-13 is so dank I wanted to ensure that I had it around forever! So I made a seed stock. Also I didn't want to take a Jack Herer & backcross it with the Jack Herer aka XJ-13. If I had just the G-13 I might have considered a backcross to the G-13. That's always something I could consider doing in the future. My other reasons for crossing with the White Rhino is the White Rhino is a 2nd place Cannais Cup winner! Whenever I discovered that I had all males out of 10 WR beans I was super bummed out! So I decided to cross every Oaksterdam strain I had! I understood that the White Widow a parent of the White Rhino is a strong yielder. I've actually grown just the White Widow before and we did over 5lbs on her outdoors! Ontop of the yields being heavier and now I brought in a "White Strain" I anticipated trichome developmet to be just insane! Man was I right! The trichomes start being visible right around week 2 on the Jack White! It's also EXTREMELY easy to grow! It's a heavy feeder just like the White Widow was. I don't use crazy bloom boosters like that high NPK shit. I've found that cannabis plants don't need them and can't asborb those crazy heavy PK numbers like 50-30 or 20-50 etc. Actually, I only boost with numbers like 0.5-1-1 or 1-3-2 or 1-3-5 I tend not to use boosters that are higher than 5% PK because my base nutes have plenty enough of NPK that I really don't even need to add bloom boosters if I choose not to. Out of all the runs I'v done with this Jack White strain it's looked the best grown organically and with Emerald Harvest and House of Gardens. Here's a few pics to check out! I'll update later with more grow info!

20171231 121019
20171231 121002
20171231 121157
20171231 121447
20171231 121008
20171231 120528
20171230 013618
20171230 013340
20171230 013506
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom