jackberry?

• Thread starter nononsense
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nononsense

i have a jackberry thats been in flower for 3 weeks. i got these hoping for a purple/blue and i dont see any sign of color yet. how long does it take for jackberry to turn purple? thanx

lollipopman

lollipopman

It depends on what phenom you got, I have two different types one show about week four and the other at six... Do you have f2 or f3's?

S

Steve Z

when you say "a" jackberry you mean just one??

either way green or purple jackberry is an awesome strain. you'll dig it

i've seen colors come as early as week 3 and late as week 6-7-8

and lower temps definitely wont hurt your chances :joint:

good luck man

G

gudkarma

need to update my grow journal...

i got a pheno (f2) that was purple from week 2 ish.

got the green one that smells like sweet berry.

no disapointments here.

frosty as hell.

G

gudkarma

no...

the purple pheno turned in week two ish...

the green pheno has been that way since flower.

both smell delicious.

i din't order or organize my pics... sorry if there was confusion.

S

Steve Z

its not all about color remember purple tends to lack on potency folks!!

jackberry still kills it though.

beautiful pics GK

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

its not all about color remember purple tends to lack on potency folks!!

jackberry still kills it though.

beautiful pics GK

I agree with that.

I've never grown Jackberry, so I can't comment on it at all. But in all my years of growing, whenever I get purple or red phenos of any strain, they are never the most potent plants. A green pheno is always the most potent for me.

The Joker

The Joker

I grew some beautiful purple Aurora Indica that was very weak.
But last night I smoked some Killing Fields purple pheno that has only been in jars 20 days. It's pretty strong. It's about plant selection. How many do you grow out to find that one? I'm on my second pack of Killing Fields. It's down to a grape pheno, a floral sweet purple one and a hazy pheno.

It is best to grow the entire pack and pick the best girl. If you can't afford three packs to choose from, then pick your best boy and best girl , clone them and make lots of seeds. Then you will have many plants to choose from. If you have 30% purple and you grow 30 plants, you will have 9 purple to choose from. Then you have a good choice.

For me it's about the flavor, not the color. But there are purple strains that kick ass.
You just have to get lucky, gifted, or put in the work.

G

gudkarma

when working from seed, i always do the entire pack.

i busted all 10 jackberry beans to get 5 females. i did have a beautiful, stout, early maturing male... but, with three ebb tables, over 100 plants, maintaining mothers, taking cuts, and personal life shit... i dont have the time for breeding projects.

regular beans is my style... though i do have a beautiful afghan kush mother plant i got from a pack of femenized beans.

i'm happy with my purchase & the product so far... and i cant say that with other gear i've purchased for significantly more $.

i've yet to smoke any of the jackberry... so i cant comment there ...but i do have 3 nice mothers (from one pack mind you) & 75 cuts brewing so i'll have plenty to sample.

if it doesn't pass muster, i'll phase it out and roll with something else... i do have a feeling peeps in my circle are gonna shit themselves when they see the bags.

then again, they aren't the critics you'll see flying around these forums.

too, as far as the purps goes, it's not like i have a shortage of dank mother plants...

it's funny to see how the peeps respond to what you do.

more often than not, and i dont want to start a flame war, i see a canna community full of haters, pseudo knowitalls, and frauds.

despite different opinion, i'll always continue do my thing.

apparantly, if you're not growing og raskel beans you're wasting time and money and effort.

S

Steve Z

man regardless of what anybody says sannie has killer genetics.

fools may tell you its b grade cause its not raskal or a pollen chucked OG.

he puts work into his shit, and it shows EASILY. he has killer genetics that have been worked on, tested, and proven to be dank. and for the price?? anybody that says that last statement is a douche and troll.

i love sannies strains. i'll rock this Uber and KO til i cant

G

gudkarma

steve z

you & me are kindred souls.

i see assholes poppin fly (talkin shit) everywhere ...but the proof is in the pudding ...or, in our case, the grow room.

as far as sannie's gear, and at this point, i couldn't be happier with my purchase.

would i score more beans from sannie? ===> of course

herijuana, choc rain, blue desiel are on my "to do" list.

hopefully, he'll bring back that blueberry indica.

since i dont (cant really) run anything over 9 weeks, i wish somebody could gift me a 9 week killing fields cut.

stay stoked.

~karma

S

Steve Z

man he sent me a "happy pack" we'll call it, this summer

only ran through half packs of a few strains, have a bunch i still have yet to run, but i mean outta 5 beans of each strain, found a winner in each. thats saying a lot.

AND

dont know if anyone has popped those heri x bigwhite freebies, but this thing is NEVER , EVER leaving my hands. check my journal. i popped one seed and got that shit. it turns fully 100% purple, but has a heri punch to it. amazing yielder, QUICK (could chop at 6 1/2 weeks if commercial, still packs a punch) but i take it 8 weeks, gives even me a hard toker a fuckin buzz that i cant even think straight with. smells like fresh lavander mixed with a craft store.

god only knows what beholds in the others of that strain i havent popped.

here's a picture at day 35. thats right 35.
SDC11027.JPG
SDC11035.JPG

SDC11031.JPG

you know whats up gudkarma :-D dont gotta come from cali to be dank!

G

gudkarma

as a biz owner myself, one thing i take seriously (even more than money) is a reccomendation.

the fact is : you gave me a reccomendation with details & pics as back up.

sold!

i see the choc rain is out of stock... but am having a hard time trying to find something else to fit in its place.

cant see buying beans that force me to change my set up... not gonna do it... 9 weeks max.

sannies gig of 3 packs of beans with free ship & quality freebies is tooooo good to pass up.

need to find another sannie treat that finishes in the required time. i wonder what my chances are of getting a 9 weeker in a pack of killing fields?

i was gonna go with "el monstre" as the freebie ...now it's heri x b. white cross you showed me... love that short flower time too.

nice pics!

beautiful plant...

i was trying to stay "straight" till after dinner, but that last bud shot is forcing me to twist one in the next few minutes.

:-)

The Joker

The Joker

* Sorry for the hijack.

That only comes with fem seeds I think.... I am expecting 2 to arrive as a freebie in a few days.

I'm hoping to run 10 KF fems and 2 Big White x heri fems in 3 gallon pots next run.

I really was torn in popping beans since my mothers are recovering.

The choice was:

Jackberry
Purplewreck
Sweet tooth #3 x Blockhead ( yeah buddy)
1988 G13/Hashplant x Butterscotch Hawaiian... the winner

G

gudkarma

dude, im not like that... highjack away.

i just finished a jar of (dna) sour cream... which is a g13 crossed with sour d.

had some in the basement right after chop in route to my trim area & wifey came home unexpectedly thinking i killed a skunk in the house.

like serious... seriously.

i was high as hell & laughing ...she was serious as cancer calling me an animal murderer (knowing how much i hate these squirrels that tear up my lawn) only to find out it was a pile of dank buds.

working around that stinky shit so much, i didn't even pick up the odor :-)

i did, however, excommunicate a squirrel earlier in the day but that's another story.

one thing i've noticed, in my one time experience with the above & other grows i've seen with g13 in the mix, is how dominant that plants genes are in any cross.

from what ive seen, you do great grows joker ...so i hope to see a journal in the style that you do your journals.

i bet that sweettooth x blockhead is nice.

if i was gonna dick ride anything out there right now, understanding that i think $400 to $1000 beans are for fags, & other than sannie who's gear i find afordably awesome, i'd have to go with cannacopia.

$35 to $50 a pack.

i got an order in at hemp depot for : bc roadkill, bubba kush x deep chunk, & lemon grass thai x deep chunk.

i love those indicas...

as far as sannie, it's heri & blue desiel for me.

i can't see the jackberry being B+ as frosty as my shit is looking... douche bags in my area sell $100 quater ounces of shit that (not only makes me wants to excommunicate them but) qualifies as C- schwag imo.

taking my last statement into consideration, i'd say jackberry is a fucking winner. from a grow perspective, an easy plant to maintain.

not fickle at all... unlike my sour d cut (for example).

as far as my next sannie purchase, i cant justify buying anything till he comes up with something else that gonna finish in 9 weeks or less... so i can buy 3 pack & save a little $ in the process & get some good herbal love like steve z got with his "happy pack".

i cant devote room to a strain that "might" give me a 9 weeker... i only buy beans that finish in 9 or less. period.

waiting on dat chocolate rain bitches :-)

i wonder if sannie would sell me a pack of those heri x big whites? given i'm a whore for SOG... steve's plant (in my eyes) looks like a plethora of perfect cuts.

S

Steve Z

you can request those instead of the other freebies.

he's SUPER chill. customs picked up that pack TWICE and still sent a 3rd one. that one was super super stealth and made it, not to mention with an extra pack (thats why i hold such high regards for the man)

and, just so you know, i have a pack of the bubba kush x deep chunk from cannacopia. havent ran them yet, but the beans look SUPER healthy, and might i add there were 16 beans in my pack. its labeled "babbas kush"

Top Bottom