Jacks 321 1 gallon mix one gallon

• Thread starter Jakeallenmissed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

Hello, indoor grower in a promix hp medium.

Recently have switched from liquid nutes to jacks 321.

I'm used to growing with liquid nutes in several one gallon batches and using those to water. Id like to continue that tradition with jacks 321 but a lot of instructions I see are people using a large reservoir.

I get that I have to mix A, let it dissolve and then Epsom and then C but I want to make sure I'm adding correct amounts in all so that I can take the gallon jugs and direct water with them.

Is this possible? Is it unwise?

Should I be watering with nutes every time?

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I mix mine in little 32oz containers. About 500ml of water and 50g of each nute. I don't use any epsom, but if I did I'd add it to my pt A concentrate.

I then use a syringe and add what I need to the feed water. I occasionally check TDS just in case I messed up on making the concentrate.

Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

I mix mine in little 32oz containers. About 500ml of water and 50g of each nute. I don't use any epsom, but if I did I'd add it to my pt A concentrate.

I then use a syringe and add what I need to the feed water. I occasionally check TDS just in case I messed up on making the concentrate.
From there how do you decide how much to add to feed water

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I use the syring. 10ml=1g of nutes and squirt it in my water. You're making concentrate just like regular liquid nutes. You can stick with the standard jacks ratio or come up with your custom feed. Adjust the amount based on stage.

You can also increase the concentration by using more nuts in your concentrate. I like 10ml because it's easy to do fractional amounts with my 60ml syringe.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Jacks 3-2-1 formula:

3 grams Jacks Part A
2 grams Jacks part B (calcium nitrate)
1 gram epsom salt

That is per gallon of water, then you can dilute further depending on the stage of growth.

So if you wanted to give them 50% strength, you could do 1.5 grams part A, 1 gram part B and 0.5 gram epsom salt in 1 gallon of water.

Jakeallenmissed

Jakeallenmissed

Jacks 3-2-1 formula:

3 grams Jacks Part A
2 grams Jacks part B (calcium nitrate)
1 gram epsom salt

That is per gallon of water, then you can dilute further depending on the stage of growth.

So if you wanted to give them 50% strength, you could do 1.5 grams part A, 1 gram part B and 0.5 gram epsom salt in 1 gallon of water.
Do I use a scale to measure grams, is there a scoop size equivalent. Are you using this same formula regardless of stage?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Definitely use a scale to weigh the salts, they might have different weight, for example, 1 tablespoon of epsom salt could weigh more or less than a tablespoon of part A.

I've never used Jacks, but I think people run that formula through the beginning of flower, then use a bloom booster WITH original formula around week 3-5, or whenever you usually use a PK booster.

Instead of a bloom booster, you could reduce part B (calcium nitrate) and increase epsom salt and/or part A. But I've never used it so I am not certain how it would work. PK boosters tend to be overused and alot of Phosphorous is not really needed the way nutrient companies tell us to use it, IMO.

Use the Search function to find old threads about Jacks 3-2-1, look for the user name "Capulator" or "Chronic Monster", very valuable info about Jacks. The threads are from 2011-2015, I think.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

I make concentrated stock solutions of the three parts every few months. Makes mixing a lot easier when you don't have to get the powdered form to dissolve every time. 1 gram per 10 ml of RO water (same as @Wuddup_B) for Part A, then two thirds of that for calnit, and a third of it for epsom. Just makes the math easy come mixing time...30 ml of each per gallon. I run that through Blumats fed by 5 gallon reservoirs, but there's no reason you couldn't do the same hand-watering media.

Stock solutions

S

Soliloquyk

Using scale is ideal but I actually reached out to jacks for the exact question about cups sizing and this is what they gave me.

Thanks for reaching out! You can use the rates below for all of our nutrient products:

15-6-17 Clone: Mix 1/4 Tablespoon per gallon

Part A 5-12-26: Mix 1/4 Tablespoon per gallon

Part B 15-0-0: Mix 1/2 Teaspoon per gallon

10-30-20 Bloom: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

7-15-30 Finish: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

Epsom salts: Mix 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon

12-4-16: Mix 1 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon

15-5-20: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

18-8-23: 0.84 Teaspoon per gallon or a little less then 1 teaspoon per gallon

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Using scale is ideal but I actually reached out to jacks for the exact question about cups sizing and this is what they gave me.

Thanks for reaching out! You can use the rates below for all of our nutrient products:

15-6-17 Clone: Mix 1/4 Tablespoon per gallon

Part A 5-12-26: Mix 1/4 Tablespoon per gallon

Part B 15-0-0: Mix 1/2 Teaspoon per gallon

10-30-20 Bloom: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

7-15-30 Finish: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

Epsom salts: Mix 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon

12-4-16: Mix 1 1/4 Teaspoon per gallon

15-5-20: Mix 1 Teaspoon per gallon

18-8-23: 0.84 Teaspoon per gallon or a little less then 1 teaspoon per gallon
Is that the 3-2-1 ratio? I think Jack's directions call for 4 grams A and 2.5 grams B. That would be a different ratio than 3-2-1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom