Jacks 321. Question about dropping calnit in middle of flower

• Thread starter Jokefox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jokefox

Jokefox

So I use Jack's 321. I read recently that lots of nitrogen in flower is bad because it causes more leafy buds. But that I need calcium in late flower to help avoid getting bud rot.

If I drop cal nit and espom salts in 4 or so of flower. Can I use botanicare calmag and potash of sulphur to make up for the lack of?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Jack's 3-2-1 is designed to be used all the way up to flush week. Organic soil doesn't change the nutes available drastically and Jack's doesn't have to either.

If you feel like fiddling with success, try something that also works well in flower:
Weeks 1-5:
3 Jack's-2 Calnit-1 Epsom
Week 6-
3.6 Jack's-2 Calnit-1 Epsom
Week 7-
3.6 Jack's-1.2 Calnit- 1 Epsom
Week 8+
Flush

Jokefox

Jokefox

Jack's 3-2-1 is designed to be used all the way up to flush week. Organic soil doesn't change the nutes available drastically and Jack's doesn't have to either.

If you feel like fiddling with success, try something that also works well in flower:
Weeks 1-5:
3 Jack's-2 Calnit-1 Epsom
Week 6-
3.6 Jack's-2 Calnit-1 Epsom
Week 7-
3.6 Jack's-1.2 Calnit- 1 Epsom
Week 8+
Flush

I thought nitrogen at that level would have a bad impact on bud growth? The last few runs I've had I had better bud formation with less nitrogen. But got some bad stuff from lack of calcium..

I am reading right now that alot of calmags use calcium nitrate for calcium. So I'm trying to find ratios to drop the calnit that works for less leafy buds.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I thought nitrogen at that level would have a bad impact on bud growth? The last few runs I've had I had better bud formation with less nitrogen. But got some bad stuff from lack of calcium..

I am reading right now that alot of calmags use calcium nitrate for calcium. So I'm trying to find ratios to drop the calnit that works for less leafy buds.
I'm using MasterBlend, in wk 9 and have dropped the calcium to half strength the past month. Seems to be workin ok.
20200122 074806

The MasterBlend is cheap and being 3 part easy to adjust.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I also use masterblend and I drop the cal nitrate after the first week of flower but continue with a cal-mag supplement. I think it’s all dependent on how your plants respond.

Jokefox

Jokefox

Calmag is literally calcium nitrate and espom salts. Thanks guys but with hydrobuddy and some older posts I've put together my answer.

Bill that's why I'm trying to figure this out but I think I may have it now

Latest posts

Top Bottom