Jack's Classic, Ph, Ppm/ec, Pro Mix And Ro.

• Thread starter jguit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
So just trying to do a little research ahead of time. This will be my first soilless grow with Jack's Classic Fertilizer and Pro Mix HP. I've used Jack's 20-20-20 to keep mother plants in soil @ 1/4 tsp per watering give or take w/ straight tap water and never gave much more thought.

These are the readings i'm getting with my Bluelab meter:

RO water w/ Jacks's (approx. measurements w/ the included scooper, not exact by any means)

1/4 tsp .1 EC / 80 ppm, pH 5.8
1/2 tsp .2 EC / 150 ppm, pH 5.6
1 tsp .4 EC / 240 ppm, pH 5.1

Overall, The pH is looking a bit low. Will the dolomite lime (raises pH) that's in Pro Mix HP be enough to raise the pH to the proper level or should i adjust my pH to around 6 before feeding?

Also, is 1 tsp the max recommended dosage every watering in Pro Mix? The plan is to start @ 1/4 tsp and work my way up to a full tsp depending on how the plants are reacting.

Thoughts? Advice? Thanks..

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
So.. Mixing a bit of my tap water (eyeballed about 20% tap to RO) gets me the following w/ Jack's:

Tap:RO mix .3 EC / 150 ppm, pH 7.1
1/4 tsp .4 EC / 230 ppm, pH 6.7
1/2 tsp .5 EC / 280 ppm, pH 6.5
1 tsp .7 EC / 380 ppm, pH 6.3

I guess i'll be good when i'm running at full bore and perhaps could use a little less tap water when starting out w/ lower doses to try and hit the 6.2 -> 6.3 target.

Does this sound like a solid plan?

Top Bottom