Jacks Hydro in Coco

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Jacks Hydro in Coco pale leaves

Anyone using jacks's in coco? I seem to have an issue with N uptake is seems. I am using 2.7g jacks and .5-.75g epsom, and 2g Calnit. all plants grow just fine however they are a faded green. Now I also use jacks in our hydro trays at work, and the are all lush healthy and very deep green.
So my question is to all, what am I missing here? Like I said it seem the green should be much greener. I also have Floranova which keeps those plants about as green as can be. I am thinking for the nutrient lineup at the work garden we will be cloning the Floranova nutrient profile.

Any ideas. I can post pict if need be.

Peace

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

If it looks kinda low on nitrogen, how come you don't increase your cal nitrate slightly, or add it back w/ ACT. I always wanted to try jack's but haven't had the chance to do so yet. That's just going off of what you posted, post a pic would be the best for everyone to see the deficiencies. good luck.

homebrew420

homebrew420

The reason for me not simply increasing the amount of Cal-nit is the percentage of useable salts is already proven in and ebb and flow system as well as RDWC. I use Floranova on coco and there is no need to even add cal mag supplements. The salts are there with the Jacks just going to have to check for some of the other chelated minerals and see what the difference is. I will post a pic tomorrow when I get some time.

Peace

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

I've used Jacks w/ Biobizz coco through all stages of growth with great success. I did get some salt buildup in the coco, compared to rockwool. But the plants side by side came out pretty much identical.

Kcar

Kcar

I use the 3/2 formula + silica and all my plants are very dark green
except it very late flower. I recommend Drip Clean for use with jacks.

homebrew420

homebrew420

strange. I have used the same formula for rockwool with abundant success. The plants are growing fine with good vigor just faded green leaves, I have not had the sense to bring my camera to work. Tues I will finally get some picts. we are growing Cannatonic Harlequin and Black Water.
Kind of puzzling. tap used is coming out at 60ppm @7.1 pH. coco feed a top feed drip at around 650ppm @5.8 pH. Like I said tues picts. this should help diagnose issue.
Thanks for the responses folks.

Peace

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

strange. I have used the same formula for rockwool with abundant success. The plants are growing fine with good vigor just faded green leaves, I have not had the sense to bring my camera to work. Tues I will finally get some picts. we are growing Cannatonic Harlequin and Black Water.
Kind of puzzling. tap used is coming out at 60ppm @7.1 pH. coco feed a top feed drip at around 650ppm @5.8 pH. Like I said tues picts. this should help diagnose issue.
Thanks for the responses folks.

Peace

I've got Harlequin & Omrita RX in Coco right now using Jacks. Try the following:

Hydro: 2G on the bluelab is .6EC
Mag: 1g .1EC
Cal-Nit 3g on the bluelab is .8EC

Feeding at 5.9PH and they are jamming. I'll check run off in the morning and get back to you.

surferbum6900

surferbum6900

I use jacks. Coco drain to waist. 3 grams jacks .8 Epsom salt and 1.8 grams calcium nitrate. Later in flower I bump it up to 4.25 gs jacks . All on tap water and 5.7 ph

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Possibly just a little more calcium hungry due to the coco.
Maybe a little more CaNit.

-TF

Edit: if you have CaCl (pickle crisp) that would be even better since it has no N.

homebrew420

homebrew420

hey all thanks for the responses. It is odd. I took them out to get a better look and they look ok. I have adjusted for more Cal-nit and seems to be looking greener. The plants are growing great. The system is a recirculating top feed. not sure if that makes much of a difference. Shouldn't imo.

Thanks again. F'ing love Jacks. Going to be trying out the MOST trace elements next run.

Peace

Surfandgrow

Surfandgrow

@homebrew did the most make any improvement or was it a waste of money?

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Well it looks like you mixing the jacks a little low compared to cal/nit. There could be antagonisms because of the imbalance there. 3/1.8/1 jacks/calnit/Epsom's do it right. Then its just watering to keep saturation levels correct

Top Bottom