Jack's Professional Recipe Recommendations?

• Thread starter Minkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minkus

Minkus

Hi guys,

Recommended recipes for running Jack's Professional Water Soluble fertilizers? Will be using either straight Coco Coir, 70/30 Coco/Perlite, or straight soil (minimal charge), so that all the nutrients will be drip-fed. I'm looking for something simple that I can scale up. I'm going to be mixing stock solutions to use with injectors, so at most I want three different solutions I'm injecting at once. I was thinking of using either the General Purpose 20-20-20 in Veg, and then the Blossom Booster for Flower, or just running the Grow & Bloom 15-20-28 with the Calcium Nitrate 15.5-0-0.

Any simple recipes/product recommendations? If anyone has a formula that they like for coco or soil, feel free to share!

Thanks, and good vibes to all.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Tagging along as I will be making the leap over to jacks shortly as well.

Minkus

Minkus

Thanks man! I've read through that thread extensively, just wanted to see if I could get some media-specific suggestions to try running, and get a fresh thread going.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Jack's is 3-2-1 3 grams Jack's 2 grams Cal nit 1 gram Epsom. U can mess with these numbers a bit and there is twenty threads on here with tons of information. But that's the basic rule of thumb. U should be using Jack's hydro though. Not sure if the same rules apply to anything else. Good luck.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Also that's a base mix. Seedlings should get quarter strength and work up from there. That's my experience anyway.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Get reading boys
Thanks man! I've read through that thread extensively, just wanted to see if I could get some media-specific suggestions to try running, and get a fresh thread going.
sorry I meant to write under that and blanked.
That's a great thread there is another one or two jacks threads also. I loved jacks pro hydro 5-12-26 with calcium nitrate and Epsom salt 321 recipe the 321 is as easy as 123 abc.

Minkus

Minkus

Get reading boys

sorry I meant to write under that and blanked.
That's a great thread there is another one or two jacks threads also. I loved jacks pro hydro 5-12-26 with calcium nitrate and Epsom salt 321 recipe the 321 is as easy as 123 abc.

Would you use the Hydro formula even if using soil?

Minkus

Minkus

Also that's a base mix. Seedlings should get quarter strength and work up from there. That's my experience anyway.

Jack's makes a special light mix with high P for seedlings that I figure I'm going to be using.

I think as long as you make sure there are no P or K deficiencies it's actually a good full-spectrum formula. No need for a million little bottles of the same stuff to compliment things (when you break it all down it's usually just the same agricultural formulas split into a million bottles to make an extra buck, anyways).

Tnelz

Tnelz

Jack's makes a special light mix with high P for seedlings that I figure I'm going to be using.

I think as long as you make sure there are no P or K deficiencies it's actually a good full-spectrum formula. No need for a million little bottles of the same stuff to compliment things (when you break it all down it's usually just the same agricultural formulas split into a million bottles to make an extra buck, anyways).
I think u misunderstood what I meant. 321 makes a base mix. Seedlings shouldn't be given full strength. It should be diluted. Wasn't suggesting u add anything. Jack's works amazing and there is zero reason to add anything else. Although a bloom boost us fine if u so choose to use one.

sixstring

sixstring

I use just the 20.20.20 in veg and 10.30.20 in flower in promix.ran it the same way in a 50/50 mix of coco and promix.but im tired of shitty coco that needs to be rinsed so i went back to straight promix.any time i tried bloom boost or other additives just seemed a waste imo,the jacks has all the plant needs.feed every watering 1 tsp per gal or 700ppm .pretty much works on every strain i tried it on lol.good shit.

I would not try using the hydro formulas in soilless,maybe coco ,but i ran the above in straight coco a few times it works fine.not a fan of coco is all ,fuckin gnats love coco around here :)

Tnelz

Tnelz

I use just the 20.20.20 in veg and 10.30.20 in flower in promix.ran it the same way in a 50/50 mix of coco and promix.but im tired of shitty coco that needs to be rinsed so i went back to straight promix.any time i tried bloom boost or other additives just seemed a waste imo,the jacks has all the plant needs.feed every watering 1 tsp per gal or 700ppm .pretty much works on every strain i tried it on lol.good shit.

I would not try using the hydro formulas in soilless,maybe coco ,but i ran the above in straight coco a few times it works fine.not a fan of coco is all ,fuckin gnats love coco around here :)
How are u bro. Been a hot minute. Found cyco coco to be extremely consistent. Just an fyi

Minkus

Minkus

I think u misunderstood what I meant. 321 makes a base mix. Seedlings shouldn't be given full strength. It should be diluted. Wasn't suggesting u add anything. Jack's works amazing and there is zero reason to add anything else. Although a bloom boost us fine if u so choose to use one.

Have you been able to feed it all in one mixed concentrate or do you use separate rez's for each?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Have you been able to feed it all in one mixed concentrate or do you use separate rez's for each?
So just taking one gallon of water for the sake of explaining. I take a couple cups in three separate vessels. One for Jack's hydro one for Cal nit one for Epsom. I use an immersion blender I bought a while ago and mix each one till 100% mixed. I add the oas to the original gallon followed by fulvic. Then Jack's hydro first then Cal nit then Epsom give a good shake and I'm good to go. Then add the finished mix usually at half and never above 3/4 strength to whatever is getting it. I've only used it with coco dtw but plan on using it on my new flood and drain tables as well. Hope this helps a bit.

Minkus

Minkus

So just taking one gallon of water for the sake of explaining. I take a couple cups in three separate vessels. One for Jack's hydro one for Cal nit one for Epsom. I use an immersion blender I bought a while ago and mix each one till 100% mixed. I add the oas to the original gallon followed by fulvic. Then Jack's hydro first then Cal nit then Epsom give a good shake and I'm good to go. Then add the finished mix usually at half and never above 3/4 strength to whatever is getting it. I've only used it with coco dtw but plan on using it on my new flood and drain tables as well. Hope this helps a bit.

Have you kept it in a reservoir to feed for a week+ with no issues? Or would you use each solution immediately after mixing?

Tnelz

Tnelz

My usual mix up was about four gallons. Enough to last five days to a week. And no never had a problem. Kept it in a nice cool spot never near any direct light and the solution kept just fine. Never used in an actual res though. But I'd bet it would be totally fine assuming it was mixed correctly. In saying all that their are plenty of people with more experience than myself Jack's wise. Flyinjstable is who turned me on to the product. Love the stuff. Only reason I'm not 100 percent committed to using it on my new table is because I've got the grow Cal mag and bloom from npk industries u know the raw products I'm sure. Anyway I'd like to see how they perform. Pretty easy just mixing grow and Cal mag and bloom and Cal mag instead of the whole Jack's process. May be a bit easier but not sure if it's equal or better and I'd like to know. Respect bro.

Top Bottom