Jack's Professional Recipe Recommendations?

• Thread starter Minkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HS90

HS90

been using jacks for 4 years now. i have tweaked it and re tweaked it over and over with additives like 0-52-34(MOAB) big bud, JRP-bud booster pot silicate, zone, ive used it for soil, coco, dwc, clones, power cloner..... i have almost tried every option anyone has ever stated here on the forum. My conclusion is this: use jacks and jacks only. DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIVES. EVERRRRR!!!! LOL i dont measure by grams or tsp nore do i have a cart. I have a very trusty blue lab and ive build my own ec/ppm/ph meters using the Raspberri Pi. total cost to build one of these is like 80 bux if get all the hardware from the web. they are bullet proof and never skip a beat. anyway back to jacks: see below

To achive desired ppm do the following.

300ppm: add 180 ppm of 5-12-26 then ads 120 ppm of 15-0-0
600 ppm: add 360 ppm of 5-12-26 then add 240 ppm of 15-0-0
750 ppm: add 450ppm of 5-12-26 then add 300 ppm of 15-0-0
900 ppm: add 540 ppm of 5-12-26 then add 360 ppm of 15-0-0
i will not take credit for above because i didnt come up wit it. someone on here posted it awhile back... cant rememeber who. I wanna say it was DS.

this fucking works you guys. i have 40 harvest with those numbers and final product is out of this world. taste, smell, nose, frost, weight, density.... all of it. your not gonna pull 3lbs per 1000w.... but i have out of those 40 harvests im at 1.75-2.5 lbs per 1000w period. what ppm's should you be at during the diff stages of the grow..... yours plants will tell ya. look at the plants and feel the enviro, you will know within time.

sorry for my typos guys, i type fast and usually dont have much time to go back and correct.

HS

---forgot to mention, i use pure ro. industrial grade diy system that puts out 0 ppm. i strip that shit clean....

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
@HS90 would you mind doing a write up or referring me to a write up to build a an ec/pH meter with the Raspberry Pi? I've thought about using an Arduino but i haven't researched it very thoroughly. Wouldn't mind seeing the code you used to get the functions working properly either. TIA

HS90

HS90

chocolate hashberry DHN
IMG 6402

what you guys think? does she qualify for the photo of the month? Chocolate Hashberry @ finish line. she really is one of my favs
IMG 6405

cookie frost. this almost every branch that had a nug was laying over or snapped and hanging down by the end of this run. i was at fault by not providing better support.... but it doesnt matter. you can see that jacks has no prob packin the lbs

IMG 6994

cookie frost
IMG 7001

bitch's got tired by the end lol
IMG 6997

power cloner. ro with 500 ppm of jacks. cut to full root in 5 days flat.
Image6

Image2 1
Image1 1

more chocolate hashberry, shes one of my favs so far. i was lucky to find a good pheno out of the dark heart clone a year ago.
IMG 6402

Upload 2015 9 2 12 50 3
HS90

HS90

@HS90 would you mind doing a write up or referring me to a write up to build a an ec/pH meter with the Raspberry Pi? I've thought about using an Arduino but i haven't researched it very thoroughly. Wouldn't mind seeing the code you used to get the functions working properly either. TIA
no prob. it was open source code i used, simply compile is on ubuntu and have all 4 of them on the network feeding my offsite web server... (this is for remote view) :))

i dont remember adding any additional code as it took me a few hours to compile with a 6 pack.

ill pm it to you, gotta give me a lil time... its crazy at the farm lol

tobh

tobh

Supporter
No problem man. I'm a techie as well, haven't jumped into the Raspberry pi stuff yet but thought this would be a fun project to tackle as some point. We'll talk more via pm, now I'm curious what all you've got going on :)

Those plants look f'ing stellar though!

Tnelz

Tnelz

no prob. it was open source code i used, simply compile is on ubuntu and have all 4 of them on the network feeding my offsite web server... (this is for remote view) :))

i dont remember adding any additional code as it took me a few hours to compile with a 6 pack.

ill pm it to you, gotta give me a lil time... its crazy at the farm lol
Really nice posts brother. Respect ur finding and results. People like u make this place great. Respect.

HS90

HS90

No problem man. I'm a techie as well, haven't jumped into the Raspberry pi stuff yet but thought this would be a fun project to tackle as some point. We'll talk more via pm, now I'm curious what all you've got going on :)

Those plants look f'ing stellar though!
lol thanks man. just good oll fun man. thats what we ALL should have going. life is way too fuckin short i tell ya.
just a small time collective grow. i started back in 2008 when i was sittin down with my mom and she mentioned that her doctor prescribed her more medication totaling 21 pills a day......
i about lost my mind that day. acually i did loose my mind. that doc went to the hospital that day and i did 3 months. lots of shady shit going on with all these hole in the wall docs that have under the table deals going on with the pharmacy of choice.... i wasnt gonna stay quiet.

and this is when i started HS(Healthy Solutions) to find a healty alternative so cure mom.
...mom is now only on 3 pills a day, healthy, happy and feelin younger every day. till the day we die we owe it to our parents. ---this is how i think. its a shame so many elders get taken advantage of from fuck face doctors who just care about the cash.

HS90

HS90

ok back to jacks, sorry i got carried away. didnt mean to jack this thread.

sixstring

sixstring

I knew someone was running a "1 part" jack's in peat; just couldn't remember who! Your using the "professional" series for those 2 right? Also, curious what you do for Ca?
yeah man,in the 25# bags.i just dont really have a need for cal.once in a while i will get a stubborn plant,usually its a new seed plant that i might have to hit with 1 or 2 waterings of calmag but its pretty rare anymore.i have more problems with plants im using bottled nutes on lol.i still have a bunch of gallon jugs of AN and ionic im trying to use up but its going very slow because i like using the jacks when im busy and thats been an ongoing thing for the past few months lol.right now im running jacks on about 10 plants in flower,ionic on 3 and veg+bloom on 2 newer plants.these 2 veg+bloom plants are making a case for a switch haha.shits even easier than jacks :)

MGRox

MGRox

@sixstring So then your Ca is solely from the Pro-mix or did you have amendments? (think you may have said before but I forget). Also, I see jacks on 10 and ionic on 3; but what brand is the veg+bloom you mention?

@Minkus not sure if you've seen the thread, but there was one with a bit of discussion revolving around injection (has some profiles in it and with jacks):
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/13-2-13-0-52-34-injectors.66275/

Suppose also I didn't mention that I ran jacks hydro / cal-nit for quite a bit while testing NPK's and such; can't say I have any complaints. I don't believe I ever ran the 321 exactly, though I mix at the strength I'm going to use. I guess, I ran it in pro-mix, pro-mix +25%, 50% and 70% perlite, Coir, Coir with +25%, 50% perlite and a common "potting soil" [soiless] (peat, compost, perlite, lime). I ran from hourly drips to once daily drips with various tests. If any of that helps.

sixstring

sixstring

veg plus bloom is made by hydroponic research.so far i like it.im def gunna grab a bigger bucket of it and run a few in veg as well as flower.right now i only have enough to flower 2 plants on it if im lucky but my chocolate milkshake will def finish on the v+b lol.heres a link
http://www.hydroponic-research.com/what-we-do/#first-content
yeah man im not really adding anything to compensate for the lack of calcium and my plants are fine.but i have been wanting to grab some shimp and oyster shell and start adding it to the promix now that i cut out the coco .ill be doing this soon as i can find time to go shopping lol,maybe this weekend :)

T

tjcny1

For you guys running Jack's in coco, which ones are you using? The classic or the Jack's Professional Hdyro with CalNit? Thanks.

sixstring

sixstring

I used the pro in straight coco and did just fine.coco just aint for me cause i already water enough.but the jacks classic 20.20.20 in veg and 10.30.20 flower works good in coco long as your ph stays good 5.8 to 6.0.its just my coco girls needed to be watered 3x a day in late bloom and that sucked so i said fuckit.

P

Pimples

I would use hydroponic research company instead of jacks. Much easier
Huh? Scooping out powdered fertilizer with a measuring spoon/cup out of one container as opposed to 2 or 3 ?????? The price difference is what iam after.

P

Pimples

been using jacks for 4 years now. i have tweaked it and re tweaked it over and over with additives like 0-52-34(MOAB) big bud, JRP-bud booster pot silicate, zone, ive used it for soil, coco, dwc, clones, power cloner..... i have almost tried every option anyone has ever stated here on the forum. My conclusion is this: use jacks and jacks only. DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIVES. EVERRRRR!!!! LOL i dont measure by grams or tsp nore do i have a cart. I have a very trusty blue lab and ive build my own ec/ppm/ph meters using the Raspberri Pi. total cost to build one of these is like 80 bux if get all the hardware from the web. they are bullet proof and never skip a beat. anyway back to jacks: see below

To achive desired ppm do the following.

300ppm: add 180 ppm of 5-12-26 then ads 120 ppm of 15-0-0
600 ppm: add 360 ppm of 5-12-26 then add 240 ppm of 15-0-0
750 ppm: add 450ppm of 5-12-26 then add 300 ppm of 15-0-0
900 ppm: add 540 ppm of 5-12-26 then add 360 ppm of 15-0-0
i will not take credit for above because i didnt come up wit it. someone on here posted it awhile back... cant rememeber who. I wanna say it was DS.

this fucking works you guys. i have 40 harvest with those numbers and final product is out of this world. taste, smell, nose, frost, weight, density.... all of it. your not gonna pull 3lbs per 1000w.... but i have out of those 40 harvests im at 1.75-2.5 lbs per 1000w period. what ppm's should you be at during the diff stages of the grow..... yours plants will tell ya. look at the plants and feel the enviro, you will know within time.

sorry for my typos guys, i type fast and usually dont have much time to go back and correct.

HS

---forgot to mention, i use pure ro. industrial grade diy system that puts out 0 ppm. i strip that shit clean....
This is what i been looking for on the forums for the last 2 days. Thanks alot.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

@sixstring Do you still use Jack's and do you think it's worth switching to Jack's from GH flora in my RDWC system? I was looking at Jack's 5-12-26 hydro and adding in Jack's calcium nitrate. Do you have a good idea how long a 4 pound bucket would last in a 40 gallon system?

sixstring

sixstring

I never used jacks for hydro,just peat based and coco grows. I would guess you would need more than 1 of the 4# tubs to do a full run in a 40 gal system at full speed.but not alot more than 1 maybe 1.5 tubs to finish.i use half as much as hydro guys running just 600ppm or 1.2 ec sometimes i was only using like 300ppm or .6ish ec :)
I would say finish the run your on with your current nutes

Top Bottom