Jacks Professional Thread

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
orbad

orbad

I know there are other threads with a bunch of info about jacks professional, but it is quite scattered about and hard to find certain bits of information. So I'm starting this thread as a place to brainstorm, share information, successes, and failures that you have had with the Jacks professional and calcium nitrate. Please limit the discussion to Jacks and only the supplements you may use with it to keep the thread clean. Thanks and let the fun begin!

I just got my one pound sample size today and swapped out one of my dwc buckets I have in veg. It will be my first time running it. The top of the plant is 2" from (6) T8 bulbs, 78° @ 38% RH. I mixed the solution at 1.1 EC, 5.6 Ph, at 59° (1/2 strength 3/2/.5 g/gallon). Plant is a purple deisel @ 12" high.

Jacks professional thread Jacks professional thread 2

Things I've read, that should probably be
Mixing order: to the best of my knowledge is Jacks, then Epsom salt, then calcium nitrate. Ph last.

I don't want to say much more at this point until I have some experience with it. I'll post some pictures of the progress of the plant and EC, etc as it goes.

Straight from Lucas formula:

Jacks professional thread 3

Jacks professional thread 4

Jacks professional thread 5

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
3 grams jr peters 2 grams CaNo3 is not half strength. Its closer to 80%. You can stay super simple with this, and then add blossom booster at 0.5g per gallon after stretch until flush.

orbad

orbad

I actually ran it 1.5/1/.25. Half strength of 3/2/.5.

I use filtered tap that is somewhere under 200 ppm, lowest my truncheon goes, so I figured I'd cut down on the ES.

I wanted to start real light because I hadn't seen anyone post EC numbers under fluorescent lights. I don't want to burn this plant as I'm planning to clone it and run them in a DIY under current spin off. I'm going to run 6 tubs with 2 plants each in my 4x4 tent SCROG style.

Thanks for the bloom booster tip and stopping in in general.

Would your bennies be beneficial with the Jack's? I'm thinking foliar only.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

To clarify, 3/2/1 was my ratio but didn't run full strength. Usually 3/4, sometimes half depending on runoff. Shooting for about 1.2ec runoff. Ran w/ tap last half of flower, dropping Epsom to .25

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Tap was 200 ppm. I added a pinch of Epsom (30-40ppm worth) to the tap though it probably didn't need it. I'd guess 3/2/.25 and 1ml/gal Floralicious Plus.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Tap was 200 ppm. I added a pinch of Epsom (30-40ppm worth) to the tap though it probably didn't need it. I'd guess 3/2/.25 and 1ml/gal Floralicious Plus.

What up Fader? Some magic happening in that Dungeon of yours... anyways..

I'm trying to wrap my head around Jack's -
You start off with filtered and switch to tap water towards the end of flower?
What kind of filter do you run?
Have you ran a strain yet that does not like your regimen (3/2/1 w/ floralicious)?
When shooting for 1200 runoff what are you levels going in?

Btw, that wick idea of yours was crafty as hell, good work!

Thanks,
GR33N

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

What up Fader? Some magic happening in that Dungeon of yours... anyways..

I'm trying to wrap my head around Jack's -
You start off with filtered and switch to tap water towards the end of flower?
What kind of filter do you run?
Have you ran a strain yet that does not like your regimen (3/2/1 w/ floralicious)?
When shooting for 1200 runoff what are you levels going in?

Btw, that wick idea of yours was crafty as hell, good work!

Thanks,
GR33N

Yo Greeny wassup!? My tap water is only 200 ppm, which should provide adequate Ca & Mg. I only switched from do because I have to fill it one gal at a time from the kitchen. Just became too much w/ a small to system. Wasn't sure how it would work out, but seems fine and is far easier to fill a bucket in the bathtub lol. I let it sit overnight to offgas.

I think you misread - I'm shooting for 1.1 - 1.2 ec (6-700 ppm) of nutes. Add 200 ppm (tap) and I'm looking at 8-900 total going in. Looking for similar level runoff & will dilute or increase runoff amt to achieve this. Gotta manage salt buildup in coco mang - whether you're wick-fed or DTW. Easier to stay on top of in DTW IMO, but wick has it's advantages depending on your situation.

I have some Choc Thai crosses that are lighter feeders & more susceptible to salt buildup for sure, but they'll do well at 1.1 - 1.2 ec. FTR, I also did foliar feed 1x per wk first 4 wks in flower w/ Magic Green and MgSO4 cause I wasn't with the leaves from veg. Worked well.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I actually ran it 1.5/1/.25. Half strength of 3/2/.5.

I use filtered tap that is somewhere under 200 ppm, lowest my truncheon goes, so I figured I'd cut down on the ES.

I wanted to start real light because I hadn't seen anyone post EC numbers under fluorescent lights. I don't want to burn this plant as I'm planning to clone it and run them in a DIY under current spin off. I'm going to run 6 tubs with 2 plants each in my 4x4 tent SCROG style.

Thanks for the bloom booster tip and stopping in in general.

Would your bennies be beneficial with the Jack's? I'm thinking foliar only.

all the bennies are golden with jacks.

orbad

orbad

First two are of my purple diesel. I'm feeding with the 3/2/.5 ratio at 600ppm. The smaller plants are my blue goo after their first 24 hours on jacks with the same mix. The looked totally happy, reaching for the sky. Pretty pleased so far.

2013 02 07 164950

2013 02 07 171012

2013 02 07 164957

Anyone storing jacks as a liquid concentrate? Or does everyone mix it as they go? I only have cold water in my grow room and it takes forever to dissolve all the salts.

turbo14

turbo14

About to fire up (24) 4x4 ebb and flow tables with Jacks 3-2-1. Also going to be adding silica @ 5ml per gallon MOST@ .1g per gallon. Anyone else using MOST still? Also going to add a little calcium chloride in the first few week and bloom booster during weeks 3-7.

Let the games begin.

turbo

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Anyone storing jacks as a liquid concentrate? Or does everyone mix it as they go? I only have cold water in my grow room and it takes forever to dissolve all the salts.

No reason you can't but I wouldn't mix all parts in concentrate in the same container or precipitate will fall out of solution. I forget what the threshold was but it was pretty low - it's in one of the white papers at the JR Peters site. You could certainly do separate jugs of each for quick mixing. Also, it warned specifically about sulfates (from MgSO4) and chlorides I believe, so I'm thinking you could possibly combine the Jacks & Epsom in concentrate in one jug, and CalNit concentrate in the other, but don't try to combine the Epsom salts with the CalNit.

I used to heat 2 cups of water in the microwave to help dissolve the parts separately, then dump into res. I noticed that I still had non-dissolved grit floating in the Jacks cup. I remembered the JR Peters site saying something about these "fully soluble" needing a bit of time to fully dissolve, so I did a little experiment for you. I mixed my parts in cups as usual (non-heated) and let them sit overnight in the cups. Guess what? Fully dissolved! So if it's that big a deal, measure out parts for your next feeding and let them sit & dissolve for when you need them.

orbad

orbad

Great idea, thanks. I think I'll top off during the week with ph'd h2o then change solution once a week for now.

orbad

orbad

Does just about everyone run silica? I did for a while in soil but couldn't tell a difference.

orbad

orbad

Hey Jacks users, Squiggy pointed out in my DIY UC thread that it looks like I have an iron deficiency in my Blue Goo mom. This past solution cycle I let run 2 weeks with just plain ph'd top offs. The EC got down to about .8. I did a solution change last night of 3/2/1 ratio at 1.2 EC, 5.8 PH, at 62°. I'm hoping I just let it go too long between Res changes, but if its not how can I bump up my iron ppm's?

Running filtered tap just under .4 EC.

2013 02 26 180117

Camdawg

Camdawg

Been looking for any/all info on jacks as it seems legit. Great to have it all condensing in one thread

orbad

orbad

Jacks professional:
* Guaranteed Analysis
*Total Nitrogen (N)**5%*
5% Nitrate Nitrogen
*Available Phosphate (P**2**O**5**)**12%*
*Soluble Potash (K**2**O)**26%*
*Magnesium (Mg)**6.32%*
6.32% water soluble magnesium (Mg)

*Boron (B)**0.05%*
*Copper (Cu)**0.015%*
0.015% Chelated Copper (Cu)
*Iron (Fe)**0.3%*
0.3% Chelated Iron (Fe)
*Manganese (Mn)**0.05%*
0.05% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
*Molybdenum (Mo)**0.01%*
*Zinc (Zn)**0.015%*
0.015% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

Calcium Nitrate:
* Guaranteed Analysis
*Total Nitrogen (N)**15.5%*
1.08% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
14.42% Nitrate Nitrogen
*Calcium (Ca)
**18%*

Copper effects iron doesn't it? I wonder if my tap has a lot of copper in it?

From my DIY UC thread.

orbad

orbad

Iron deficiency update:

I double checked the Ph of the old solution and it was at 6.3ph, .8 EC.

Yesterday I mixed up a fresh solution at 1.2 EC, 5.8ph, at 60°. To Ph, I mixed the solution, predissolved Jacks first, then Epsom, then CalNit. I waited about 10 minutes, added Ph down. Waited a bit longer, added some more. Waited a bit, then checked it at a final 5.8 Ph.

Today I checked it, 1.1 EC, 6.5 Ph, 61°.

Room conditions: 66°, 55% RH. 65° leaf temp

Am I not waiting long enough to check my Ph? Or is this climb normal? Could the low temps cause my iron issue?

I'm going to wrap some reflectix around the veg light to try and make it a warm microclimate. (But its going to cost me air flow around the plant. Fan)

attached are pictures from today.

Could this little bastard be causing me problems?

2013 02 27 165253

Vegetation pics.

2013 02 27 164853

2013 02 27 164843

2013 02 27 164831

Latest posts

Top Bottom