jacks ro 12-4-16 formula

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

@mistletoe

So after all my plants pretty much died I took clones(not all made it but some were able to bounce back. I fed nothing but ph'd water for a bit and then added enough to bring the ppm to 200. The few that rooted are really starting to take off and then I got some new clones which are loving the low ppm solution as well. I can imagine as they get bigger I will bump the ppm up gradually. This is the best looking growth I've had since using the 12-4-16 and coco in general. Not sure what that means exactly, but the plants are happy. New growth daily, I can feel by weight they are drinking, and no visual deficiencies. Ive gotten 3 inches of growth on one plant in 2 days, im sure genetics could be part of it but I haven't seen that fast of growth in awhile. Starting to see how people can feed with no run off. Slow and steady is giving me much better results.

First picture are the sick little plants i cloned(only 5 made it). The second(small pots) shows their progress with low ppm. Ive had nothing but bad results feeding over 600ppm. Im sure as they get bigger I will have to bump up the ppm, but until I see deficiencies 200 it is.

20210419 131452
20210512 145152
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I was doing little to no run off since I was just trying to keep root zone moist for fresh clones. but about a week of giving nutes all but 1 died. Ive never had so many issues. With my last plant I switched back to the lucas formula and I'm not going back to jacks. Either I am completly miss using it or it sucks lol. But the plant that is alive is absolutly loving lucas which i feed till decent run off when mixed it ranges from 900-950ppms.

I used different amounts of the jacks to make different ppms, watered till run off daily, and I never got my plants to explode they always just slowly looked like shit after introducing jacksRO nutes to rooted clones. In 2 days my last plant bounced back with vengeance with lucas, hopefully it keeps it up.

I wanted to switch nutes after moving to coco to lower ppm, and stop having to order liquid nutes. The coco version of lucas didnt work, so It made me move to jacks. Now I'm just going to low ppm calmag waterings between feedings to maintain ppm in coco. Next time I try a new nute I'm only doing it to half so I have a side by side to see if its even worth changing.

I'll post a picture of my last plant later. Its doubled in size in 2 days under a weak t5 bulb. I think the jacks ro causes nutrient lock outs. Im no expert though lol but the plants always had little and not so great growth and struggled. I had moments where I thought hey its working and then nope.

Top Bottom