Jah kush

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Anybody know anything more about Jah Kush? I'm pretty sure it originated in NorCal. My cut is a heavy feeder and produces well; looking forward to seeing how much better it does with some training.
I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the strain- genetic makeup, etc.
I currently have several in flower; here's one of the gals:

100_07201.JPG

S

SoCaliSmoking

This was what was explained about it:

This is mostly a sativa. Jah is a modern uplifting sativa Haze hybrid. Only the best soil and big pots are required for those cannabis seeds giving girls. The flavor is citrus with a bit of something near to grapefruit and it goes down smooth.

In southern Cal there is so many different types of Kush going around (because of the popularity) that I don't know which is real and which is made up anymore! LOL. But your plants look great!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

lol, I hear ya on that kush bandwagon... it's not huge in CO yet, but well on the way. I really don't see much sativa in her, except she stretches a bit when first in flower... Are you sure it's not the Light of Jah that's the sativa? I've heard some great things about it... Thanks for responding...

N

NugNation

how long is the flowering time on this strain? i have a couple in my garden that are about 4 weeks in.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I let mine go about 9 wks- They cannibalize themselves well, and your leaves will show some nice fall colors. The pistils turn orange/reddish and wither, and the nugs themselves turn a little darker in spots to make for some nice looking nugs. I'll grab a shot of some finished nugs this morning.

S

SkyHi

Nice plant, i love plants that yellow easily...makes for an easier flush.

waayne

waayne

Don't know if your Jah Kush is the same one that i am familiar with,but if it is it's Jack HererxOGKush

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

nug shots

Here's what I have curing- super tasty, heavy sweet gun-oil kush flavor...

100_0907.JPG

Breakfast!

100_0910.JPG

100_0911.JPG

S

Surfr

Lookin dank my friend!! Keep up the good work!

:character0180:

S

SkyHi

Nice shots bro, beautiful lil nuggies....
420 send me some way
Right now, ca 94555

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

haha! That'll be the day... when CO is shipping buds to CA... But if you're ever out this way, Sky...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The Jah will produce nice colas with no training at all, around 1 oz per plant in a SOG. I'm sure with longer veg times and training you can get much more from each plant- It is a moderate to heavy yielder.

N

NugNation

mine is so top heavy that when it shifts towards the light it completely leans over to that side, i had to brace both of them. I'll take a picture once my lights turn on.

M

MASSES 420KING

that is a beautiful plant my friend and nice curing shotsive read a few of your threads altitude and i am always impressed with what you produce all the best luck and vibes to you and your garden

N

NugNation

Here's 1 of my 2 Jah Kush ladies at about day 30. She looks a little N deprived to me, I've been tryin to work on that but I keep getting clawed leaves. Any suggestions? I also threw in a picture of my tent with 4 ladies, two jah kush (back left and front right), blueberry (back right) and Chemdog. This is my first grow, let me know what you think.

IMG 0110
IMG 0112
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Nice grow! My Jah yellows on the fan leaves starting a little over halfway through bloom, but I never sweat it. It is definitely not hurting the quality or quantity- I believe it's just the way some strains prepare for harvest.

N

NugNation

So what are the genetics of this strain? Mine smells crazy pungent right now but I can't put my finger on it. They've both got a few single calyxes closer to the bottom of the stock that i've picked up and they stink something fierce

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

The guy who provided the strain to me and a local dispensary told me the other night that he doesn't know the actual genetics and nobody he knows does, either. He's not even sure if there's any kush in the genes. I think it has the solvent/gun oil aroma of many of the Kush strains I've seen, and it "crowns" like a Kush. It was something that came to Humboldt from Oregon, and he brought it to CO a while back. The strain has acclimated to the altitude quite well, and I am truly excited about the quality and yield. I doubled my yield when I added CO2 to my grow.

N

NugNation

Damn! that's impressive. I'm lovin it so far, but unfortunately I only have the two in my garden. I took some clones a while back but they got mixed up with the other cuts i took and i gave them all away to friends. hopefully I'll find some again cause i'd love to do a couple more runs with it. can't wait to smoke it either!

Top Bottom