japanese maple

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nice! I should learn how to get cuttings of trees to take. We were just talking about what other trees we might like to add, fruits, nuts mayhaps. I always love the Japanese maples, so beautiful, and only have the one (for the time being).

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Nice! I should learn how to get cuttings of trees to take. We were just talking about what other trees we might like to add, fruits, nuts mayhaps. I always love the Japanese maples, so beautiful, and only have the one (for the time being).
If your gonna water a tree you might as well be able to eat from it sea,Im looking at planting a mini orchard of about a dozen fruit and nut trees,there are some pretty big pistachio farms out in the middle of the desert so a few of those will be included too,all those big tree farms out by irwin are pistachios,good eats.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oooohh... and date palms, too! Medjools!

I agree with you, fish, which is why we're planting edible or medicinal plants for the past couple of years. Permaculture, as much as we can rock it. :D

vaporedout

vaporedout

damn i never thought pistachios..... we eat those things up!! i never even thought nut trees, weve just been looking at fruit trees. time to re-plan shit :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hazelnuts grow on a bush. Or was that Filberts...?

GI JO

GI JO

Saw the strangest thing on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, it talked about taking cuttings of roses and rooting them in a potatoe. You just poke a hole in the potatoe, stick your cutting in it and you're good to go. Apparently, the potatoe keeps the cutting moist enough until it roots. Never tried it tho....

urbanfog

urbanfog

was out doing some ligght yard work/cleanup and noticed my jap maple has exploded! Ill get some new pics up and add to the thread. Time to see about taking some cuttings too, specially since my cannabis cutting has been sucking....... Ours is a japanese red fancy(I think) and now since spring has started they have hundreds of new leaves opening up :D

Top Bottom