Jawa Pie In The Uc

• Thread starter Toph420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toph420

Toph420

Here we go, this thread will be to log my grow and for others to ask questions & comment feel free to do so.

Strain: Jawa Pie by ocean grown genetics (alien rift x key lime pie) more info available at their website.

Lighting: 2x apollo purple reign ballasts, 2x dominator xxxl 6" hoods, 6" hurricane fan, 2x 400w apollo MH bulbs, 2x 600w delux hps bulbs

RDWC system: 7x 8 gal cch2o mods(one is epicenter), 44gallon brute reservoir, stealth RO100, 550 GPH h2o pump pumping to each module to create a waterfall effect and eliminate air pumps, 1/10 hp active aqua chiller, & blue lab guardian monitor.

Environment: 4x8 gorilla tent, 6k BTU window A/C, 30 pint dehumidifier, titan saturn 5 environmental controller, 8" hurricane fan w/ carbon scrubber (exhaust), 6" hurricane fan (intake), figure 8 hurricane oscillating fan, super basic co2 meter/solenoid from amazon w/ 2x 20lb tanks.

Nutrients: Cultured Solutions full line up, orca + clonex gel + clonex solution for turbo cloner

My float valve is connected to straight RO water and i add nutrients each night as needed.

Currently the temp is around 78 and the humidity is around 61, I've been misting the plants and pouring water on the ground to try and raise the humidity just a bit.. Any tips on raising humidity without a humidifier would be great..

Right before they went in
IMG_2727.jpg

right now i only have 4 plants that are big enough to go into the system
IMG_2730.jpg

Here they are in the cloner before they went into the system (started from seed in the cloner)
IMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

Toph420

Toph420

the first time I used it I put the extensions on it and cut 1" off each extensions so it was close to 9' but since have removed the extension and it's at around 7'11" to the ceiling of the tent. I probably have about 6.5' to the glass on the lights at their highest.

Toph420

Toph420

Couple small updates, busted out the laser level last night and got all my buckets dialed in within 1/32 of an inch.. Also installed one of my GH dual diaphragm air pumps on the epicenter just for a little extra aeration. I think i could do away with the air pump if i got a stronger water pump but i was just looking for something i had on hand.. Turned my oscillating fan off for now, when the tent walls were open it looked fine but when i closed the tent it looked a bit too windy.

The growstones really like to bring my PH up to 6.5/6.6... I keep adding ph down to 6.3 and just shoots right back up, i think this will fix it self over time but kind of annoying right now.

Still trying to figure out how to raise my humidity.. Tonight I'm going to do something i found on youtube although i doubt it will help more than what I've already been doing..

They are on a 24hr light cycle right now but im going to start slowly changing it down to 18/6..

Toph420

Toph420

Nice setup!

Thanks!

Nother small update, my buddy convinced me I should turn off my circulation fans to my a/c and just turn on my oscillating fan to keep temps reasonable.. it worked pretty well actually, humidity is more at 65 (70 is ideal) and temp is a stable 77..

Also transplanted the last 2 into the system

I think once I get a separate veg tent since it will be smaller it will hold the humidity a bit better, tryjng to avoid getting a humidifier lol..

Toph420

Toph420

someone please help me with some insight, been thinking about this for a while..

Should I weed out the males, take clones from the females and flower the 2-4 females I get out of the 6 with 1x 600watt lights..

Or

Should I weed out the males, take clones from females kill the moms and do a full run with the clones I took with 2x 600watt lights..??

Any other suggestions welcome as well..

Edit:
Now that I'm thinking about it maybe ill just veg this week take clones at the end of week and veg for another day or two to recover and then flip them, that way i will be able to tell male from female super easily... It is just a pheno run anyways..

Last edited:
Toph420

Toph420

By Monday I need to have taken clones and flip to flower or these babies are going to get way to big like my last crop...

I feel like if I try to take clones from the small plants (the 2 on the far right) they might end up dying.. the only part I can cut for a clone is their tops and they are so small still I don't think they will be able to handle it

What do you guys think should I take clones and risk killing them or should I just let these phenos ride out and just hope they are not keepers.. any ideas?

IMG_2801.jpg

Toph420

Toph420

I'd top them and do some LST so they get bushier instead of taller while also growing some smaller branches to clone.

I think I'm going to try and FIM them, Ill try to tie them down a bit for some LST but not sure how ... Hopefully they grow something in 3 days that I can cut..

Just ordered 6x cch20 cage..

For all the people running chillers I really recommend these things, keeps temps way more stable but might lower the life span of the chiller..
IMG_2803.jpg

Figured I'd post a picture of my main area of work in this room...
IMG_2806.jpg

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

If it was me, I would grow them fast and tall, clone and flip..
As soon as you sex, remove males, and position the rest close and supercrop,
throw a net in for support,
and sit back and watch them grow..

That is what I would do!

Toph420

Toph420

If it was me, I would grow them fast and tall, clone and flip..
As soon as you sex, remove males, and position the rest close and supercrop,
throw a net in for support,
and sit back and watch them grow..

That is what I would do!

not sure if I want to try super cropping yet, I'm scared I will mess it up and kill them all haha... I'm going to look up some videos real quick see how It's done..

The problem I'm having is 4 of em are ready to be cloned/flipped now but the 2 stragglers don't really have anything to clone yet.. I don't want to veg them too much longer as my last crop was a 3' thick layer of bush... the stretch is ridiculous in these systems.

(Last pic I took before I harvested)
IMG_2611.jpg

Polar510

Polar510

I super cropped once and have done Nebulas manifold as well.
I messed up by not letting them recover long enough. 2 weeks was not enough time. I wont do it again because I felt like in the end the extra time for Me wasn't worth it. I have seen it done with great success though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom