Jawa Pie In The Uc

• Thread starter Toph420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toph420

Toph420

Yea I'd be kind of worried super cropping this strain because oceangrownseeds websites says to low stress train this plant and doesn't say anything about high stress training techniques.

I think After FIMing them last night some of the lower growth started getting a tiny bit longer, I'll just have to take a really small clone and call it good..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

supercropping in coco and soil is not the same as in the UC..
The UC was made for high stress techniques,,,
WHY YOU ASK?
lol, because of the super oxygenated nutrient solution the roots are constantly submerged in, recirculating at the exact feed and ph needed for optimal uptake...

Limonene

Limonene

I'll be watching this, I have some alien rift babies I popped recently. Good luck!

Toph420

Toph420

supercropping in coco and soil is not the same as in the UC..
The UC was made for high stress techniques,,,
WHY YOU ASK?
lol, because of the super oxygenated nutrient solution the roots are constantly submerged in, recirculating at the exact feed and ph needed for optimal uptake...

Hmm.. I might save that for next cycle when I'm a little more confident in my skillz.. lol.. but yea makes sense that they would recover from it faster than soil. i topped the 4 big ones after 3 days of being in the system.

So you do the super cropping during the second week of flower?

I'll be watching this, I have some alien rift babies I popped recently. Good luck!

Nice, thanks! If you start a log throw up the link in here.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hmm.. I might save that for next cycle when I'm a little more confident in my skillz.. lol.. but yea makes sense that they would recover from it faster than soil. i topped the 4 big ones after 3 days of being in the system.

So you do the super cropping during the second week of flower?

Nice, thanks! If you start a log throw up the link in here.
We'll no... Usually in veg... I only do it in flower if they go out of control... or I need to fill I'm a bigger canopy with what I already got. It also keeps the height down for me...

Toph420

Toph420

We'll no... Usually in veg... I only do it in flower if they go out of control... or I need to fill I'm a bigger canopy with what I already got. It also keeps the height down for me...

Ah, well I got the cch20 cages coming on Monday so I think I'm going to try and make them into little trees instead of spread out like scrog. I'm going to lower the lights a bit once they start stretching and hopefully the sides will get substantial light.. we'll see how it goes.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ah, well I got the cch20 cages coming on Monday so I think I'm going to try and make them into little trees instead of spread out like scrog. I'm going to lower the lights a bit once they start stretching and hopefully the sides will get substantial light.. we'll see how it goes.
Ya thats the way to use the UC,
but i got 71 inch ceilings, so I have to adapt...
Im perfecting the technique called,
adapting.....

lol

H

Highatollah

I didn't like the cages for my situation but they've come in handy after I cut the top off so it isn't in the way of my scrog and then use the bottom of the cage for tying down strings for LST.

Toph420

Toph420

Ya thats the way to use the UC,
but i got 71 inch ceilings, so I have to adapt...
Im perfecting the technique called,
adapting.....

lol

Yea i feel it, scrog is just as good if not better. The only reason I want the cages is simplicity, just drop em down on the buckets good to go. When i harvest I think I'm going to hang the branches from the cages. Good or bad idea?

I didn't like the cages for my situation but they've come in handy after I cut the top off so it isn't in the way of my scrog and then use the bottom of the cage for tying down strings for LST.

hmm interesting so you cut the top square of the cages off and use scrog netting above it? What's the spacing between your modules?

Toph420

Toph420

Welp just took clones..

#5 & #6 are the super small ones and I barely even got any plant material at all, only was able to grab one clone each.. hopefully it works. Lol.

#2 had the most amount of shoots so I took 4 clones from that one. All the others I only took 2 from though. All the plants have 8 colas left.

IMG_2807.jpg

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Welp just took clones..

#5 & #6 are the super small ones and I barely even got any plant material at all, only was able to grab one clone each.. hopefully it works. Lol.

#2 had the most amount of shoots so I took 4 clones from that one. All the others I only took 2 from though. All the plants have 8 colas left.

IMG_2807.jpg
does that thing have a top?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

It's optional, I didn't get it because it was an extra 30$.. I've heard many people say you don't need the top with aero/dwc cloners since their stem is pretty much always in water. Although their humidity is probably a bit lower than what it should be I think they will manage just fine.
I lost a lot of my clones and they were submerged in water. Only diff between the ones that lives and ones that didnt, one had a rh hood and the other didnt

H

Highatollah

Way too much leaf on those clones. You don't need a humidity dome with an aeroponic cloner.
Make sure to set your sprayer on a timer so it's either 15 minutes on/15 minutes off or 30/30. If it runs nonstop it will make the water too warm.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Way too much leaf on those clones. You don't need a humidity dome with an aeroponic cloner.
Make sure to set your sprayer on a timer so it's either 15 minutes on/15 minutes off or 30/30. If it runs nonstop it will make the water too warm.
Is the reason he dont need that much leaf, because it cant uptake water yet,
and less leaf means less water needed till roots?
So then if no dome, less leaf would be better?
And what if its just a dwc cloner not an aerocloner with sprayers..

Good advice on timing the pump on and off

H

Highatollah

I've never even heard of DWC cloning so I'm not sure on that. You trim the leaves back so the plant doesn't have to work keeping more plant alive and can focus on building roots. The leaves still transpire and with the plants ability to absorb water reduced without roots it makes it more difficult for it to retain moisture.

Toph420

Toph420

I've never even heard of DWC cloning so I'm not sure on that. You trim the leaves back so the plant doesn't have to work keeping more plant alive and can focus on building roots. The leaves still transpire and with the plants ability to absorb water reduced without roots it makes it more difficult for it to retain moisture.

The oxycloner uses air stones instead of a water pump, pretty sure people get results similar to aero cloners..

I must say that sounds like an official answer and I listened to you, looks better? Or should I cut more?
IMG_2810.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom