Jellybean??? Is this a sativa?

• Thread starter diyJunkie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
diyJunkie

diyJunkie

Hey farmers,

I was at my friend's house today checking out a couple plants and he has this amazing smelling lady that is locally known as Jellybean... Has anyone ever heard of this strain/know anything about it?

The more we thought about it the more we think it is a sativa but the structure looks a little more indica, with lots of sativa qualities. Best guess is it is at least a sativa dominant hybrid.

Either way he got this from a friend about 3 weeks into flowering and we don't know much about it... It's been flowering for longer than 2 months and looks a little thin in the cola's, but is still filling in [under a 400w hps].

He cut off a small branch to sample and when closely inspecting it about 40% of the trichrome heads appear to be a light amber.

As well, this lady smells absolutely phenomenal, one of the sweetest most pungent smells I've EVER come across - it is being grown next to Bubba and overpowers the hell out of the bubba scent-wise.

Here are a couple pics of the plant, I know threads like this are tough sometimes because it's virtually impossible to tell from pics, but let's see what you've got :) Anyone ever hear of Jellybean, or JellybeanXwhite widow?

One of the colas
http://i702.invalid.com/albums/ww29/diyJunkie/IMG_4785.jpg

Bright green buds :cool0010:
http://i702.invalid.com/albums/ww29/diyJunkie/IMG_4789.jpg

This plant was topped and this is most of the resulting colas
http://i702.invalid.com/albums/ww29/diyJunkie/IMG_4790.jpg

And the branch that was cut off.
http://i702.invalid.com/albums/ww29/diyJunkie/IMG_4756.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Jillybean maybe? Taht looks similar to Subcools Jillybean from TGA. Do a search on Jillybean and Jilly bean. I bet thats it. Root

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

Thanks a lot for your input RB!

It's so hard to tell from pics and descriptions but I think you may be onto something there.

I am still a little undecided, but that mainly comes from everyone talking about orange smell this one didn't have such an orange smell to it, but was one of the most pungent and amazing smells I've ever come across.

I did a little searching and one description says a different pheno has another flavor to it so that may be it.
Also, the Jillybean is 70/30 indica/sativa so that would make sense for the extra stretch but not full out sativa size.

Maybe subcool will stop in and have some advice.

S

sweetleaf

to be honest, it doesn't look like jelly/jillybean to me.

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

^^^That was the thread I saw that made me believe you in the first place, I saw your thread and that one - but everyone mentions the orange smell and there is no orange smell - we can't even explain it but it is hands down one of the best smelling/most pungent smells around... He has 2 plants in a 2500 sq ft house [this one and a bubba kush] and this one overpowers the bubba and fills the entire house with an amazing [almost skunky] smell - so I guess my best description of the smell is a skunky pungent with a hit of fruityness.

We were getting a solid hookup of this and it had some seeds, this was the best tasting bud I have ever smoked - but there was no hint of orange.

But in that thread the pics posted by subcool do bear a likeness to this one, topped with many colas - and they are larger colas, but kind of thin like a sativa...
It's tough to decide based on pics - especially when comparing the pics of an excellent breeder like subcool to those of my buddy's second grow ;)

Thanks again for your input, really helps - so far he is going to be chopping it down this weekend as around 40-50% of the trich heads are amber.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
No prob. bud!! I had 3 different smelling phenos.#1 was pungent skunky fruit. #2 Mild skunky. #3 Floral incense,very similar buzz. Root

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

It would seem like he has the first pheno.

Either way I have some of these amazing bagseeds as well and am hoping for the pheno he has...

The only part that really threw me off in the first place was that someone told me this was locally bred strain when selling me the bag but had no more info... But of course sometimes people make up stuff ;)
[according to the local tale] Apparently this guy hermied a run to spread the seeds locally and that's where we got all our seeds.

But it does make sense, and after reading subcool's thread about the incredible tiny plant that convinced me even more.

Either way I am really happy to have these genetics, one day I will get some beans off subcool and do a direct test, but until now I will assume they just mixed up the name jillybean and jellybean.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I grow jillybean and never had one that was sativa dominant.
They smell very orange.

Latest posts

Top Bottom