Jenna's Grow

• Thread starter Jenna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jenna

Jenna

Greetings, Hola, Hiya

Guess what's new in the garden? We (me and my partner in gardening Dandaweedman) are using coco now and nothing is dead! :whew Up to this point we've used a soil less mix of peat, perlite, castings, lime, myke, and molasses water but wanted to move in to drippers and coco. I've been dying to use those little drippers. Finally got my way!! :banana: We transitioning to the drippers, right now everything is hand watered but soon Just have to cement the plan. In the meantime, the handwatering is nice. It allows a bit of one on one time with each plant. I think they like the individual attention. I think we're getting the hang of the coco. My other herb garden (oregano, mint, thyme, sage, tomatoes, etc) are in the old mix..I love getting my hands in the dirt.

So currently in the nursery, we've got the Motarebel's Killa Queens started, (version 1, f2's and f3's)..I love these. Amazing vigour with Mota's stuff. Started these KQ's from the originals Mota sent in 05. :clapping Thank you Motarebel. We've got 3 of the f2's are in coco, 1's in peat for a control. Just wanted to see if the difference in the grow with coco vs our mix.

So anyway, here's the babies.

KQ v1 f3
(15 days old).. hmmm a williams wonder crept into this picture.. man you gotta watch them.. they're sneaky

KQ-v1f3_mar-05-11_01sm.JPG

KQ v1 f2
(10 days old)

KQ-v1f2_mar-05-11_01sm.JPG

Got a few more pics but they'll have to wait until another night.. I am bagged and my brain is tired. Thanks for stopping by!

Jenna

Jenna

Here's a budshot of what we are going for with the KQV1 from a grow back in 2007.

KQv1f2-8_08-16-07_02sm.jpg

course there is always version 2. It turned out purdy good too.

killa_queen_verson_2.jpg

wonka

wonka

fat looking buds jenna.. what are u going to be pumping these ladies up under???
w.wonka

Jenna

Jenna

Hi Danoramadingdong.. nice hey?

Hiya Wonka..Thanks! These are under a 600 HPS on a light mover. Veg is CFL's. Bit out of my element with the coco but I think its coming together. :-)

Jenna

Jenna

Here's a couple of PG13 bx1's that are currently growing in veg

PG13Bx1-G_mar-05-11_01sm.JPG

PG13Bx1-G2_mar-05-11_01sm.JPG

They started out in our old mix and when we moved them into 1 gallons, they went into coco. A bit of a shock for both them and me but I think they are enjoying the new medium.. me too!

Jenna

Jenna

I have three sprouts that have just popped their heads out of the peat. (black russian x romulan) A cross we started working on in 07. If a person can love a plant, its this cross that does it for me..:heart

black_russian_x_romulan.JPG

H

Hylife

Nice plants, lookin healthy. Your romulan cross looks nice, definitely some romulan buds. What are you feeding in coco?

Jenna

Jenna

Hi Hylife

Thanks! Romulan is so nice and full at the meristem, I thought it would be a nice mix. (longest breeding project EVER ha..It's almost embarrassing)

We've been using fish emulsion, Holland's secret, and Epsom.

Thanks for posting!

fractal

fractal

coco is the best soilless medium for sure! I love that stuff. Going to go all coco with canna bio for my indoor as soon as I can afford the supplies, it's not cheap for the 5 gallon jugs of bio I am sure!

Your plants look epic!!!!! Look at that monster cola flopped over great job =)

The last couple pics sure look like they need a bit of cal/mag don't you think? Other than that shit is tight, rock on!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
looking killer. saw the killer lui cola in your gallery. kicking ass.

bet you will love the results with coco. top feed to waste on coco is ruling.

thanks for sharing.

lead

Jenna

Jenna

Hi winta. thanks! This is the first full start to finish go with coco. I think we are finding our groove! :rastadancing:

Hey fractal, thanks for joining in. You mentioned the magic word.. we are really finding we have to pound the epsom since switching to coco. We've been hand watering the plants in flower. They get watered until we have about a 20% run-off everyday. We've been adding 1TBSP epsom to every three gallons everyday! oy Got some new fish emulsion, Danolicious still smells a bit off. :puke

Thanks leadsled. We were soilless organic before so the coco is a new experience.. Just saw way too many grows that had insane buds.. had to give it a shot. Haven't used molasses on these guys yet but we'll start tweeking before too long. A bit of alfalfa at the oneset of flower would be nice too.

Jenna

Jenna

Here's the KQ..

KillaQueen-f3_mar-13-11_03sm.JPG

a pic of one still in its cup (peat)

This pic shows one moved to coco...darn mg! Hammer time I guess? Believe it or not, this is an improvement!

KillaQueen-f3_mar-13-11_02sm.JPG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jenna, nice to make your acquaintance (not many women growers, still), and that is some lovely work you and your partner have put out there. Thank you for sharing.

I think you're going to LOVE growing in coco coir, for me I will likely never return to soil for indoor growing.

I use rice hulls with my coco now, instead of perlite, and I like that combination much, much better. A bit of added worm castings for "soft" N, and actually, outside of the lack of mineralization, you can treat it much like soil, especially from the organic perspective. Really the biggest difference in using this is going to be balancing Ca/Mg, and not overdosing on K.
Hi winta. thanks! This is the first full start to finish go with coco. I think we are finding our groove! :rastadancing:

Hey fractal, thanks for joining in. You mentioned the magic word.. we are really finding we have to pound the epsom since switching to coco. We've been hand watering the plants in flower. They get watered until we have about a 20% run-off everyday. We've been adding 1TBSP epsom to every three gallons everyday! oy Got some new fish emulsion, Danolicious still smells a bit off. :puke

Thanks leadsled. We were soilless organic before so the coco is a new experience.. Just saw way too many grows that had insane buds.. had to give it a shot. Haven't used molasses on these guys yet but we'll start tweeking before too long. A bit of alfalfa at the oneset of flower would be nice too.
Eeee... that's an awful lot of MgSO4. I use 1/4tsp/gallon when using it, as it's 9% Mg anyway. Perhaps you might try lowering the dose, and you might see results with the disappearance of the 'deficiency.' If you're feeding that last one that shows the interveinal chlorosis at the rate of 1t/gal then I suggest that it's being grossly overfed Mg at this point.

Jenna

Jenna

Hiya Seamaiden. Thanks for popping in. I am glad to meet another female grower! Rice hulls hey? Kewl! I've never heard of them but will keep a look out. I sounds more natural, I like that and balancing the cal/mg would be nice. I am liking the coco for sure.. bit different than peat and perlite. I am glad I read up on it first. I think that initial rinsing is real important.

We started out with a light dose of mg but it didn't touch it. I think its maybe because we are watering daily to about 20% run off to waste. We sure are going through the nutes. Not really waste..not all of it cuz I am using it on my other herbs and they are loving the added attention.

I think once we get a reservoir set up and the drippers, the water will be slower and more constant. Seen some pretty impressive grows treating the coco like hydro. The only thing I am a bit worried about is whether we'll have the flavour like the soil-less mix. I am a huge fan of putting my hands in the dirt. Loved the set up and used molasses and alfalfa as staples in the nute cupboard. I think I am still a long way from my bubbling teas!

Here's a pic of where the KQ was when we started treating her. Started at the top. I think she's improving but I'll watch for signs of overload. I went back to using peat in the lil cups (the ones since the KQ) and moving to coco when 1 gallons come into play. The coco would have locked out the magnesium with high k, I'm thinking. So we are mostly coco.. still haven't transitioned the babies yet. Any secrets? thanks again for the post! Much appreciated.

KillaQueen_mar-13-11_01sm.JPG

Oh and Danoramadingdong. Thanks for the ...'s. Man of few words! heh heh heh

Latest posts

Top Bottom