Jerome Baker Designs - what is this worth?

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xceptional

i have one and i dont know anything about them. what is this model and what's it worth?????

Jerome baker designs   what is this worth
Jerome baker designs   what is this worth 2
Jerome baker designs   what is this worth 3
Jbg logo
C

CAPO

I would be afraid to use a kiln to clean it...so it's a used piece. The only answer I can offer is a question: What's it worth to you?
Cool marbles and I like the coloring at the top. I would probably give 150-200 for it...being used and no honey-comb work.

X

Xceptional

thanks for the info. it is now going on CL for $200 and see what happens. i offered it in the Michigan thread to local people for $100 or $150 but i got no feedback. i didn't have pics of it then either though.

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

how does she rip?
TBH I can't see it be worth more than $100, and i would think that would be to a collector. but that might just be me and what im use too.
I've paid dirt cheap for used bongs. $150 for a PHX fish bowl botton with one or 2 percs. got 2 customs slides and an extra stem. + 1ft straight tube RooR ($750 worth of glass if new)
Paid $120 for my illadelph + ash catcher. ($400-$600+ depending where you buy it, if new.)

so from what i've experienced glass pieces usually drop a lot in value once they are used.

but best of luck on the chase for the :cash :cash :cash

wings123

wings123

clean it with salt and rubbin alcohol i dont see what u cant get 150 or 200

X

Xceptional

Moe Danks i've been told it rips really really great BUT i'm not really a smoker i'm a grower. smoked once after my last harvest and before that it had been some years. probably wont even smoke any from this harvest.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

I used to collect JBD's until I realized I had more bongs then almost anything else. It really depends on what tube you have. To me that piece looks like it probably cost about 250 when it was new. Pretty much anything less that a tube 13 or 14 isnt worth all that much. Also JBD was known for the design or art work, your piece really doesnt have that much of it. You have a few marbles but no characters or even large decorative pieces on it. So from my opinion I would say unless you found a collector that bong wont sell for more that 100 bucks. Also the hard part about buying a piece like yours over the net is there were ALOT of JBD fakes, and im gonna be straigt up with you when I say I seen tons just like yours in venice for 125 brand new, not saying yours is espically since you live in michigan I would think the knock off bong market is probably smaller. Even if I was still collecting and your piece was real it wouldnt have been one I bought. Some of art work on my pieces included a "surfing taco" a "skunk" "marvin the martian", a "fatty octopus" a "dolphin" "skulls" and a few others with just random chunks of glass. If I were you I would just keep the bong and smoke out of it every now and then.

X

Xceptional

thanks for the insight lorddankinstien! it will probably become decor for my grow room most likely.

A

azcardholder

im interested in you jbd

Please email if you still have that jbd I would be interested...

T

tonto420

First off, you have a really nice piece. My wife and I have been collecting glass pieces of all kinds since the year 1999. If I remember correctly most of Jerome Baker's began to be blown in Mexico instead of the United States after 2001. Pieces that were made in the foreign countries are not worth as much as the ones blown here in United States or are from after 2001.

this piece you have looks similar to one of mine. if it is 22 inches tall, 10 mL thick and is from before 2001 it would most likely be the “Mothership” model. I got mine, back in October of 2000 four $420. If I were to sell it today I would not sell it for less than $700. However, mine has a bunch more artwork on it and in addition to that it has Jerome Baker signature (JBD) on it.

L

lightningwoman

Hello!

Do you have a photo of your "Fatty Octopus" piece?

Thanks.

S

Sirvidicous

I can say with 100% certainty that that piece in that pic is not a true Jerome Baker. It might be a late model Jerome Baker Design, but defiantly not a old school Baker. Reason, it has a blown in Glass on Glass attachment. Those where not available in pieces until after the company was sold due to operation pipe dreams, in which Jerome him self was set up and convicted on wrongful charges. It is still a nice piece and is probably in the $450/500 new and maybe $350/400 resale value. An original Baker with skunk stamp and signature will sell today for a cool grand with medium artwork. The tale tale sign id that piece was designed for G/O/G, and Roor came up with that idea after the golden age of JB.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

sirvidicous that is a gog down stem pushed in after the original you can tell by the lip around the base of the downstem that comes out the bong, that downstem/bowl is not original most of the fakes are roor wannbe knock offs with a printed jbd graffiti logo. Just looking at it by the shine and clarity of the glass (besides the resin build up) the lip around the downstem the belly button and if it has the logo double crossed bong its more than likely its the real deal. Since my last post I have started collection JBD's again I have 2 originals!!!! :D A Big momma and a basic 1 footer with no artwork, at this point I wish i never broke my JBD's.................................. hold on to that piece if you still have it.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I had JB i bought at some small shop at the coast around 1999, i bough a shorter one with a ton of marbles that look like planets, It was so bad ass. I had for years and sold it to a friend who begged fot it. I let him have with the condition that i get it back. His frekin girl friend broke it.

S

Sdnative

I have these bowls that have been packed away for over 10 years. They are Jerome Baker and was wondering what they could be worth? I know I paid a pretty penny back in the day.

jtrey

jtrey

Moe Danks i've been told it rips really really great BUT i'm not really a smoker i'm a grower. smoked once after my last harvest and before that it had been some years. probably wont even smoke any from this harvest.
you should probably stop growing then.... thats where all the crap comes from... haha you live around l.a. huh haha

Jammin1985

Jammin1985

i have one and i dont know anything about them. what is this model and what's it worth?????
The overall color is right, the style is right, the downsteam is obviously glass on glass, I had a downstem like this before JBD started making them again, the ice catcher doesn't look right tho, and up at the mouth piece the typical JBD color swirl is missing. Now if this is a real JBD the prices for them have gone through the roof the last few years especially for the pre 2000 non stamped. I know this has this has a stamp but it for sure looks like a early 2000 but I just can't get past the few things it's missing and the ice catcher being wrong.

Top Bottom