Jewels First Run At Hydro

• Thread starter The Jewels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Jewels

The Jewels

January 24th . First time I ever let it all hang out. Feels kind of naked without dirt.
Jewels first run at hydro

Jewels first run at hydro 2

I soaked four seeds and promptly forgot about them .
All four cracked and 2 went into Dirt 2 went into water -one in the water died immediately .
I was getting some good growth and then I started doing some really bad things
That plant refused to die! I nearly iced it up -a few times. No matter how many times I accidentally gave it full strentgh flower nutes, it had a petite morte and came back for more .
Jewels first run at hydro 3

I even managed to pan-fry it on the T5 lights. You can look all you want, but don't touch the dancers

I was busy in the flower room and wasn't giving this batch the attention it deserved. Both of the dirt plants came up malefunction ~they were exiled into the deep freeze.
Jewels first run at hydro 4

The basement is already warmer than it was in the dead of winter, if I want to pull off another crop without AC I gotta get moving.
Jewels first run at hydro 5

Not only did the seeded Hydro survive -it was joined by four clones taken from my earlier run.
The doners just started their 7 week of flower. I really am out of time.
Jewels first run at hydro 6

48 days in a 1 litre cup and still going strongish .

The Jewels

The Jewels

Built some more buckets- straight drop gravity drain .
20190318 140057

Measure pot and cut drain stem height
20190318 140633

20190318 141028

Out of the 1L and topped .
20190313 220835

20190320 224035

There are four clones in that bucket
The plant on the left is the one I grew from seed . I topped it, and I'm going to mainline it .
20190321 001749

20190321 001800

20190320 225916

Not sure how those poor clone survived. One of them took off growing before the others, the other ones weren't getting as much water off the drip line- they are all kinds of messed up .
Cut Jan 20th.
Cold cold cold .
20190321 002036

Hormonal bunch.
Ran them a bath
20190321 002350

Put them to bed
20190321 003929

The Jewels

The Jewels

All the juvies took the transfer well, they perked up right away.
This one looked nice
20190321 214537

So I cut the top off.
20190321 214949

This one is way too big for its britches; it got the same treatment.
20190321 215047

20190322 222751

I snipped it from a four week plant .
I may have killed off a fan leaf or twelve before it rooted and shooted . At which point,unfortunately, it went boss mode and strangled out all the other clones.
They still bore fan leaves in pairs, for two more segments, before they went altarnate .
I am working with those two branch sets.

I am yet flowering the donor from this character, and I know two things about it for sure .
  1. It Veg,s like a 4-H steer
  2. Grows a disgusting rate of leaf to calyx ratio.
I just hope there are some calyx hiding under all that crap .

The Jewels

The Jewels

The fourth clone appears to be somewhat of a misfit
When trying to decide where to top it, I realized that the lowest set of healthy fan leaves were trifoliated.
Up one segment from there produced four branches .
The segment above that again produced three fan leaves .
Kinda hard to photo, but apparently, it is a thing .
The photo shows a fan leaf coming straight at you, 1 receding away on the right hand side, and another fan leaf ( all from the same stack) heading to the left.

If you use your imagination, you can't see the quad stack at the very bottom of the photo .
20190322 223244

The Jewels

The Jewels

All these bedtime stories to read Unk,,,sometimes I have trouble getting to sleep. Certainly am having fun.
My aquariums us'ta get me through the winter -I can't wait to get outside in the yard soon
I Str8 up stole method @Axel Rose.
I scrolled your journal up and back again looking at the photo's.
After watching my own smurfs grow up a bit, I began to identify and understand the structure of the plant itself. It was then that I began to relate to your photo's and understand how you ended up with the finished arrangement .

So,, thanks for that anyway. Now I have these butt-ugly plants in my basement that look like weeds that somebody yanked out of the stalled lawn mower .:cool:

So far I am good at two things ; somehow picking all male seeds ,and stretching out plants.
These are female clones - so I guess it's time to get lanky down there.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

All these bedtime stories to read Unk,,,sometimes I have trouble getting to sleep. Certainly am having fun.
My aquariums us'ta get me through the winter -I can't wait to get outside in the yard soon
I Str8 up stole method @Axel Rose.
I scrolled your journal up and back again looking at the photo's.
After watching my own smurfs grow up a bit, I began to identify and understand the structure of the plant itself. It was then that I began to relate to your photo's and understand how you ended up with the finished arrangement .

So,, thanks for that anyway. Now I have these butt-ugly plants in my basement that look like weeds that somebody yanked out of the stalled lawn mower .:cool:

So far I am good at two things ; somehow picking all male seeds ,and stretching out plants.
These are female clones - so I guess it's time to get lanky down there.
Hahaha. I always feel the same way when I'm done. But these ugly ducklings grow into beautiful swans!!!
When I prune I always tell myself " I am growing buds not LEAVES". It helps me think twice about mowing them down.

The Jewels

The Jewels

I knew my light was on the fritz, right after I took this photo it blinked out.

20190328 211809

I built this hood to gravity fit an aquarium; I wasn't willing to mar it with mounting hardware and fasteners , so I bridled it up and hung it from the ceiling. I always enjoy using it- I am sure I will use it again soon.
20190328 232717

So, I hung the 400w MH to finish vegging .
The colors show truer on the T5's, although I do like the crispy light of the halide .

Here is a shot of my topped, trippy triple
20190329 003438

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

The blues brothers is one of my favorite movies hand down. I've watched it countless of times!!!!

I cant wait to see what that triple topped clone grows into.:)

The Jewels

The Jewels

It is odd ;p
Two of the branches have opposing leaves , the other one is alternating .
20190330 130958

All plants are taking well to topping .
20190330 130536

The donor for this one was the Dominator . It's clone seems to be doing the same .
20190330 130631

My water comes out of the tap at 250 PPM I mix it 50/50 with RO and add it to my aquarium . When I draw from the aquarium it usually comes out around 200 parts per million . From there I add nute and pH it down a little, I end up around 350 parts per million at 5.8 pH. The trilobe threw some ugly crappycrapfoliage when rooting up, although everybody seems happy .
20190330 131149

The Jewels

The Jewels

Grew them out ,
20190330 130631

20190330 131149 1

Topped again .
20190402 234916

20190402 235037 1

Coming along
Mars 29th
20190329 092621

Today
20190411 185252

Clearing out the flower room this weekend . Gonna flip these kids.
Also, SCORE,,, went to buy my wife a blizzard - came home with 8 new(ish) flatside buckets complete with lids.
Best 5 bucks I ever spent .
20190409 234314

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
... I built this hood to gravity fit an aquarium; I wasn't willing to mar it with mounting hardware and fasteners , so I bridled it up and hung it from the ceiling. I always enjoy using it- I am sure I will use it again soon. ...

You might want to give these a shot. I use various sizes from 145lb pull/30lb slide to a 375 pull/75 slide to hang my 35lb LED's and my (4) charcoal filters+4in vent fans...

ps. a piece of PTFE or bakers sheet material between the magnet and the hood will keep it from scratching. A thin piece of felt, old blanket, sport sock, etc... works too. ;)

Happy Growing....

Upload 2019 4 11 22 14 15
Upload 2019 4 11 22 14 54

Last edited:
The Jewels

The Jewels

I find the buckets @ DQ from time to time.

Those magnets are sly . I would need to test the hood . Stainless is hit and miss for magnetism.
Sucker is heavy though; it also has digi t5ho and tar/mag. quad T12 ballast on board .

I mentioned DairyQueen and tar ballasts in the same post; it is nice to find something older than myself, every once in a while .

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I find the buckets @ DQ from time to time.

Those magnets are sly . I would need to test the hood . Stainless is hit and miss for magnetism.
Sucker is heavy though; it also has digi t5ho and tar/mag. quad T12 ballast on board .

I mentioned DairyQueen and tar ballasts in the same post; it is nice to find something older than myself, every once in a while .

You could use four and then the usual ratchet hangers. 4x375lbs and that hood is not coming down. The only way you are going to get them off is by sliding them to the edge. I tested my 375 by hanging it from a hook in the ceiling and attaching the magnet to a trash can lid. Then I stood on the lid with both feet. I am 6'3" & 200 and it held without a problem. Then i picked up my 2.5 yr old granddaughter. it still held.

The Jewels

The Jewels

Str8 up stole from Meyer Tool Manufacturing ,,,

,,,"Both 316 and 304 stainless steels are austenitic; when they cool, the iron remains in the form of austenite (gamma iron), a phase of iron which is nonmagnetic. ",,,

I built that beast from a sidexside fridge door. I shortened the door, so the weatherstrip would lightseal on the lip of a four foot aquarium .
I havent tried a magnet on that one in particular . It is in storage . I am out in my smoke shack atm . My magnet WILL stick on Maytag stainless somewhat, although the GE Monogram and the Sub-Zero stainless, to that magnet, may as well be made of wood . I believe the hood may be a Frigidaire .
I will have to try it out soon, the little lady has peppers seedlings popp'n, and, watermelon,,,and tomatoes,,,
Com'n spring ,hurry up .

Top Bottom