jiffy peat pellets?

• Thread starter danny954
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

danny954

are they good to use because ive heard alot of bad things about them has anyone ever used them before?

P

Pender

Premium Member
Supporter
I have always used them and have NEVER had a problem with them. You'll probably get mixed reviews from people in different regions, some people call them death traps, hehe.

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

the jiffy pellets r ok i think people have alot of probs with them because they dont squeeze them out after they hydrate. they can hold too much water. i dont like to pop beans in them tho i pop em in a paper towel but for cloning they work great.

D

dexter840

i love them, just bought my local home depots end of summer leftover supply on clearance. i get upper 90 percent clone rate with them and that dome

sevens

sevens

there is at least 3 size that i know of ...the very smallest one do tend to dry kinda quick but the medium and large size are very good ...i do use the smallest one for seedling ...medium and large for clones ..what ever is in sale ........i like them ..

D

drfarm

Great for clones ... Love em, better than Oasis . No experience in rockwool. About too much water..what he said before.. ph adjust the water... 6.0 - 6.3 works for me

B

British_Hempire

I don't like them cos sometimes the roots won't push through the mesh, but some people swear by em. Root Riots or rapid rooters are much better imho.

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

they actually state on the package of jiffy number 7 pellets that you need to remove the mesh when transplanting. however there are some off brands or coco pots that have a "mesh" of some sort that you can leave on and the roots push thru quite well.

G

greenthumbbumb

Peat pellets word great, i have you used them for cannabis and veggies, never had a problem. Roots have no problems going through the net. There used to be a side by side without the net and there was no difference. I use the coco pellets now days.

R

Rob1

i use them also they work good. i just found some really big ones ill use for clones. i always remove the mesh when the roots start to show before transplanting...

M

MASSES 420KING

ive used them with mixed results i prefer to use a keg cup and fill it with promix 90%success rate

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
peat pellets are

peat pellets are great. soak seeds in distilled water with a little h2o2 for 12-24 hrs. place between damped paper towel, check every 12 hrs., when they pop you can poke a hole and place them root down approx. 1/8" deep(top of seed is 1/8"below surface) and they'll be up in a day or two. also work good for clones, i like the new (to my area) big ones.

REMOVE THE SURROUNDING PLASTIC NETTING WHEN ROOTS SHOW AND PLANT IN SOMETHING

instead of the keg cups try the smaller ones 1/4 the size of a keg cup for clones/seeds

mal

Venom818

Venom818

tried them dont like them I use rapid rooters know will never go back

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
rapid rooter

i tried the rapid rooter when they first came out and didn't like them, can't remember why might have been the $ i had to buy them at my local grow shop and they were like 25 $ i'll have to give them another try.

imo small cups with a soil of your choice, hole drilled in bottom is my all time favorite, but variety is the.....

mal

G

greenthumbbumb

I didnt like rapid rooters because they were a pain to stand up on their own. Like mentioned above the smaller plastic cups work great too. I like the small clear ones for mouthwash. Fill them with coco(which my lowes sells now!) and your good to go, you can see the roots as soon as they sprout. i guess removing the netting is preference.
coco brick $2.50 60 cups about $2.50, cheap and easy.

Venom818

Venom818

I just did 30 clones in rapid rooters and the same day i took my cuts my friend brought over like 6 clones so i can root for him in jiffy pellets all of my clones had roots in 10 days the jiffy pellets had nothing.

Top Bottom