jj's garden

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Welcome and thanks for stopping by this little grow journal. This garden is based on the Ebb & Grow system which is a multi-pot flood and drain unit. Total lighting capacity is 3650w but I cut that back down to 2400 as heat and costs just got way out of hand during the summer months.

This system is designed around the plant, Blueberry X Cinderella99 from Joey Weed. The equipment can be used for any MJ strain but how this system is operated is based solely on how the plant grows. Condensed version of the system goes something like this: plants are 81 days old at harvest, first 21 days after cloneing is spent in veg the other 60 days are spent in flower. Garden consists of 1 veg. system and 2 flower units so harvest is every 30 days.

Follow along with G13, generation 13, and see how the unit operates, for a reference on how I clone look at the "forced cloneing" thread I put up a few weeks back.

jj

Jjs garden
Jjs garden 2
Jjs garden 3
Jjs garden 4
Moe Danks

Moe Danks

lookin good jj.
sounds like you got everything dialed in.
strain sounds interesting. got any pics of plants in full bloom or dry shots?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
lookin good jj.
sounds like you got everything dialed in.
strain sounds interesting. got any pics of plants in full bloom or dry shots?

Hey Moe, thanks for stopping by. It's getting dialed in but there is all ways room for improvement. I have a couple of bud shots from past grows and a few jars sitting in the back corner but we'll watch these girls grow out with pleanty of bud shots in a few weeks.

jj

H

HolliHerb

I like how you have hard duct work. Very nice room!

It's hard to see in the pictures, do you have multiple plants in one grow bucket?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
nutrients

After a couple of failed attempts feeding my girls I asked my hydro shop for help, stoner that worked there sold me on this line of nutes. Once I figured out my girls are extremely light feeders and found a mix of these nutrients that they can handle things turned around in my garden big time. That was about a year ago and I don't see changing what works any time in the future.

The complete line of products can be found at:

http://www.technaflora.com/technaflora/products/

Clones are placed in rockwool soaked in Root66 then feed a veg mix at 350ppm. Flowering plants get a mix of nutes upto 800ppm but burn sets in on lower leaves at this level. I grow buds not leaves so a few burnt leaves in the last 3 weeks of flower is a trade off.

Fluctuating Ph early on was an issue. After a few failed attempts I found that if I mix back tap water with my R/O water at a rate of 4 gl per 35 gl the buffers in the tap water help hold the Ph steady. Ph fluctuations now range from 5.7 to 6.1

I use a 35 gallon mixing system. One tank holds R/O water and the other is the mixing tank measured and marked off in 5 gl increments. 31 gl of R/O and 4 gl of tap is added to the nutes for that resv. change. Mix is pumped out and R/O water is then added to the mix to bring the volume and ppm to the desired levels.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I like how you have hard duct work. Very nice room!

It's hard to see in the pictures, do you have multiple plants in one grow bucket?

Hi there HolliHerb, thanks for stopping by. The duct work was part of an overhaul I did this summer. I had flexible ducting up to that point but with the limitations I have to work with the fans lost way too much efficiency with it. Solid ducting made a huge impact on my ability to ventilate this grow room.

G12 on the left in those pics is the first grow useing the new version of E&G, there are only 15 plants in 20 pots in that grow. G13 on the right has 39 clones in 20 pots, goal is 40 clones which puts that plant density 3.33 plants per square foot for a SoG style grow. Total dimensions for the deck is 4' x 7', each grow has an area of 3' x 4'.

jj

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Very nice set up JJ. It is a very clean room, I am sure that helps produce some phenomenal buds. Looking forward to seeing this grow out.

Just give us a taste, throw up one nice bud shot from the last harvest.

P

ProGroWannabe

Incredible detail on your setup JJ! I'm REALLY liking your style so far. Thanks for doing this.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Very nice set up JJ. It is a very clean room, I am sure that helps produce some phenomenal buds. Looking forward to seeing this grow out.

Just give us a taste, throw up one nice bud shot from the last harvest.

ok, here's a shot of the last harvest 7-30-08. Room design has changed but the genetics are the same.

jj

7 30 08
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That's a lota smoke. Thanks JJ, nice pic. And I think the new changes will do well.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Clone Day

Clones were cut on day 8 instead of day 7 as I had to work the weekend. Goal was to harvest 44 but there was a total of 64 available, 52 cuttings were taken in total. The center 6 pots in G13 were allowed to keep 2 stems per plant, the 14 outside pots each have one stem per plant. Gives a total cola count for G13 at 51 main stems growing out of 39 plants. 51 plants growing in 12 square feet gives a density of 4.25 plants per square foot, SoG grows need a density of 3 - 4 for optimal results.

Cubes were soaked in conditioner 4 days ago, triple rinsed and let to dry out. An hour before cloneing I soak the cubes in a mix of Root66 at 50ml per gal of RO. Cuttings are placed in a float tray with a mix of Thrive Alive Green at 10ml per gal of RO. Excess solutions were then dumped into the resv of pure RO bringing the mix up to 255 ppm which is all the plants will receive for 7 days in the flood tray which runs 8 minutes on every 12 hours. Flood time is increased as light is increased over the next week.

Of the 52 cuttings taken 44 were cloned into the flood tray. Total needed to plant is 40 so there is a 10% insurance factor built in. Can't remember the last clone I lost but it can and will happen in the future.

jj

T

thc4sim

Very neat nice lookin garden you got going there!..:yes

i need to sort myself a decent veg area out very soon!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks for the kind words thc4sim, this veg system is a test run on equipment. In the big picture for the garden it will be moved into the flower room and inclosed in a light proof cabinet but for now it is just free standing in the basement.

I am sold on the dual tray and dual resv but the lighting is my last remaining question. I am currently running a 400w MH system over both trays but I am thinking that dual 250w MH's would do a better job of distributing light in a clone chamber.

jj

T

thc4sim

mmmmm maybe 2 x 250w cfl's, a lot less heat for your light proof cab..
just a thought?

ive got a 4 x 200w cfl unit for my veg area (when i set it up),
but im just going to use 2 of them at first and see how it go's

be good to see how your setup progresses :yes

P

ProGroWannabe

Great post JJ! Thanks for the detail on the "how" and the "why".

"You must spread reputation around before giving it to Jadins Journey again."

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Weekly update time. G12 is 10 days or so from harvest, these girls were left over clones that were saved during the remodel and have had a hard life. They are going to yeild some decent bud but the number of plants is way short of capacity.

G13 just hit 21 days and the stretch is just about over. These girls are the first true plants grown with this system and so far so good. Stretch for these girls stopped short of any previous generation at 12". Might just be possible to leave the light where it is and not move it up for the last 30 days as I had to for G12.

jj

Top Bottom