Joey's C99

• Thread starter AbusiveOGK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AbusiveOGK

Has anyone here grown the c99 from Joey Weed? I popped two packs of 10 in my search for a good pineapple mom as well as the fruit punch pheno.

Can anyone tell me their experience with Joey Weed C99 germ rates/male to female ratio/pheno variation? :rasta:

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
I popped 5 seeds out of 10 so far.
Germ rate was good. 5/5
Male/female ratio = 3m/2f

Im hanging the 2nd pheno to dry as we speak.
The first pheno was totally awesome.

Heres a pic...

gallery_7_2_323138.jpg

Same bud, dried...

gallery_7_2_449978.jpg

She smokes as nice as she looks.

A

AbusiveOGK

Nice shots Lemonhoko! I definitely can't wait to blaze some of that.

By the 2nd pheno are you referring to the fruit punch pheno?

Did you get both phenos in just the 5 seeds you popped? That would be awesome.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
Nice shots Lemonhoko! I definitely can't wait to blaze some of that.

By the 2nd pheno are you referring to the fruit punch pheno?

Did you get both phenos in just the 5 seeds you popped? That would be awesome.

Thanks bro!
The bud you see in the pics had a fruit punch taste.
Smelled like peaches, but when smoked tasted like pinapples and mangos. Very exotic taste.

The 2nd pheno waqs similar, but had a ligher scent over all. I expect the taste to be lighter with a touch of pine.
Im thinking I am going to keep #1 around because she tasted better and yielded more.
I will match her against the best of the rest of the seeds I havent germed yet and keep my final one then.
Btw, I threw the males out on the first seed run because I didnt know what to expect.
Im definately keeping a male or two out of the next run.

Good luck on yours, Im sure you will be happy. shes very easy to grow and not at all finicky.

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

I had 100% germ rate from 1 pack and very uniform pheno representation..I found a very strong pineapple scent from the majority...but after a 40 day cure I also found a stinky, skunky, rotting flesh, morbid smelling pheno that knocked my dick in the dirt with its raw potency. You will be pleased with JW's gear...I know I was. Have fun!

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for the info PrairieBoy. All of the budshots of Cindy I have seen so far are amazing. I'll hopefully be adding to the collection in awhile.

I've read a couple different reports now about the rotten pheno, and everyone seems to share your opinion about its potency. Guess I'll add that to a list of the C99 moms I'm hoping to acquire.

I

InvisibleM

I've had my eyes on these for a few years now. What's the high like on these, is it a clear headed up speedy happy high like I've heard?

Also the Blueberry is one I want to try also....

A

AbusiveOGK

Everything I've heard so far indicates that speedy, happy high you described. Can't say from experience, but that it the word. It also finishes extremely fast for such a sativa type of high.

Joey has a BlueberryxC99 that people seem to enjoy.

T

trichome

Just finished joeys c99, and i have to say wow! this shit blew away almost everything i have ever tried. Its not the frostiest strain on the planet but the potency and high are very high quality. I got 3 phenos, two that smell like grapefruit and one with a lesser smell. Probably the best smelling weed i have ever grown. (but im partial to fruity strains) I dont know why he says its low odor, mine was stinky as hell.

I smoked samples from 35 days, 38 days, 41 days, and from 57 days of flower . The early samples were so racy i felt like i was on a pharmaceutical stimulant. I love it.

All in all i have to say, joey's c99 is amazing. If you like pure clean speedy euphoria, get it.

M

milhouse

I have two JW c99 females that are scheduled to be chopped late this week. They were flowered under 440 w PLL lights. Personally I feel they stretched alot! I dont have a lot of previous grows to compare to but they easily doubled in height after flipping to 12/12. They sure do get frosty!! There are even some larger fan leaves that are starting to get trichs. I cannot wait to make some hash or canna butter with the trimmings. They both smell very fruity. I havent sampled any yet and i am going to try to hold off as long as possible so I can get a good cure.

Trich, did you cut yours at 57 days?

M

milhouse

I just trimmed and hung up both my c99 plants. Has anyone else grown this strain out from Joey? When did everyone else take it? I took mine at 58 days and was curious to see when others chopped it. I feel overall this plant was pretty easy to grow. The leaves were not in the best shape come harvest time but the yield still looks pretty good. I have a lot of trim and popcorn buds to make hash or cannabutter with. Debating right now. To whoever has grown it, how long did you let it cure? What was your curing process? I have mine hanging @ 70 deg, 40% RH right now, getting my mason jars ready. Any imput on this strain would be appreciated. Thanks

K

Kaiser Puff

I wrapped my first grow using JW's C99 beans. I got 2 phenos, 1 branchy with dense nugs and a fruity/limey taste, 1 compact but airier buds that have a rotten fruit/funky note in the smell. Both are frostier then any buds I've bought (the only one close was some Sweet Tooth I bought months back) and pack quite a punch. Buds sampled from days 40-47 were indeed similar to taking speed. I've been on ADD meds in the past and early Cindy had me jittery like a couple Adderals would do. I chopped at day 50 mostly cloudy trichs with 1-2 amber here and there and the borderline unpleasant speediness of the high mellowed into awesome daytime smoke. I've heard you lose all the raciness after day 54 or so, would be interested to hear how the high is on your day 58 buds. Have you looked at your trichs under magnification? What's the clear/cloudy/amber ratio on your buds?

IMG 20101026 183215
IMG 20101026 183309
IMG 20101026 183322
T

TheKingsOf420

Sweet shots everyone. I just put 8 JW c99s into 12/12 The seeds are from about 5 years ago. ;) 10 outta 10 germ. 8 females 2 males. I cant wait to see what I get. :)

I

InvisibleM

Hey TheKingsOf420, can you tell me how you stored your seeds? Thats a great germ rate for such old seeds....

Beautiful sugar coated buds Kaiser Puff. I have one c99 going right now, time will tell...

V

Vic123

Good Cindy info ppl !
Keep it coming ! lol
According to Mr Soul, C-99 creator, the rotten meat/fruit punch pheno is THE pheno to possess from the C-99 line.
He said it was the most potent of the 2 main phenos also.

I would LOVE to get my hands on his Cafe' Girl !!
When Mr Soul made/found Princess aka Cinderella 99, he had 2 of her sisters as well.
One is the famous Genius aka G13 and the other is the not-so-famous Cafe' Girl, who Mr Soul said is the biggest yielder of them all ! His words :

Thanks for noticing her she IS beautiful! Cafe’Girl is a sister of “Princess” – Princess is the mother of the Cinderella series. Cafe’Girl smells like a combination of ginger, orange and cream… kinda smells like a “Creamsicle” -you know those ice cream bars? She has the highest YIELD of the 3 Sisters (Princess, Genius and Cafe’Girl). Cafe’Girl makes HUGE, DENSE, SPARKLING buds with a lovely high. A really sweet high, in that you never feel paranoid and it continues to “creep up” over the first 15 minutes after you smoke, leaving you feeling warm and at peace with life. Bros Grimm may offer an hybrid of Cafe’Girl when enough testing of her offspring has been completed.

LMAO...he also stated Dr Atomic wouldn't smoke C-99 again, on their 2nd meeting, because it had his ass TOO paranoid !!

Mr Soul said if anyone wants to see what his Cindy should look like, then grab a May 1998 issue of High Times....find the centerfold pic named "Yellow Cab" and THAT'S his Cinderella 99.

More of Mr Soul's words on C-99 seeds and growing her :

" The seeds are small, tan in colour and “speckled” not striped. If you ordered from either Bros.Grimm or Heaven’s Stairway you WON’T get ripped off…but I’ll describe the plants: As seedlings they’re fast-growing, Indica-dominant with fairly wide leaves. They show preflowers @ 5-6 weeks old WITHOUT FAIL. They NEVER herm, so if the preflowers have pistils, it’s FEMALE forever. They flower RAPIDLY – you probably won’t believe how fat and dense and frosty they’ll be @ 4-5 weeks 12/12. The flower/leaf is EXTREMELY high; the tops of the colas go NUTS at about 5 weeks into flowering, sending braid-like floral cluster projections out in all directions without any leaves. Just before that happens, hundreds of SNOW WHITE pistils make the tip of the colas look like they’re wearing fur caps! The resin production is HEAVY (again, you won’t believe it), a HEAVENLY scent of tropical fruit and berries begins to fill the room @ 3 weeks of 12/12 and just keeps getting more overpowering ’til they’re done. The finished smoke is the type of high that keeps you UP; it’s very cerebral – the only body effect is the “jitters”. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone looking to “mellow out” on the sofa, BUT if you wanted to smoke before going running or cycling – PERFECT! I’d personally advise you to “top” the C-99′s at their 4th branch set (about 3-4 weeks old) then when the branches grow to be about a foot long (about 6-8 weeks old) you should flower them. You’ll know which plants are female BEFORE you ever switch the light cycle to 12/12. Cinderella plants always show preflowers at the 5-7 branch sets during the VEGETATIVE stage… when they’re a little over a month old. Mr Soul ”

T

TheKingsOf420

Hey invisiblem. A buddy of mine actually keep these in drawer in his closet. Nothing special. Lol. I think the seeds are just very vigorous. All very uniform as well. ;)

Top Bottom