JointOps~<The Dank Desk>~Up and Running

• Thread starter JointOps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JointOps

I Got a Story To Tell
DSC023631.JPG

What up everybody. As summer starts I have felt compelled to start a new journal for the coming season.

This has been a project of mine for a while, goals being both functionality and elements of stealth such as lightproofing, noise and odor control. What I have come up with has worked well enough for me to start expanding my search for quality strains.

So lets get to it. Enough talk, time for pictures.
DSC022881.JPG

DSC022901.JPG

The Mother Cab

DSC023041.JPG

On the mother side we have 3 active strains that I have been running lately.
White Russian, this has been a favorite of mine and its a SOG dream plant. Virtually no branching when kept short and the stem to bud ratio it amazing. Shes a little stressed and will probably get a re-potting soon.
DSC02294.JPG

Grape Romulan, another keeper and a more recent find. She finishes at 10 weeks, a bit longer than most of the strains I run, but the high is much more cerebral.
DSC022951.JPG

Diablo OG, this was the first strain fun in the Dank Desk but will soon be culled. Its a very nice indica that finishes fast and was a quality smoke but is very susceptible to powdery mildew, and for this reason must go.
DSC022982.JPG

Then we have 2 Caribbean Kush plants. These were seeds I found in a sack from a dispensary, and the smoke was very nice. Still waiting on the first clones of each to tell me the sex.
DSC023001.JPG

DSC023011.JPG

Then the new cuts gifted to me from a fellow grower. 2 Apothecary OG, and 2 Platinum Purple X Blue Dream.
DSC023031.JPG

The Flower Cab
DSC023061.JPG

DSC023091.JPG

Ok, so the entire cab fits 15 plants in cut off half gallon milk jugs. Its a staggard grow, and in an effort to try to get more plants per harvest, Im holding off on replacing the 2 plants that were just recently harvested. These will join 3 others about 2 weeks away from harvest.

First Up are the 3 Grape Romulans at the start of week 8.
DSC02354.JPG

DSC023121.JPG

DSC023151.JPG

Next are the 3 Diablo OG currently at the start of week 6, these will be the last of this strain in the Desk.
DSC023201.JPG

DSC023221.JPG

Then 5 White Russians, currently at the end of week 4.
DSC023561.JPG

DSC023602.JPG

These are the Caribbean Kush clones, one of each plant. They are at the start of week 2 and should be showing sexing soon.
DSC023261.JPG

DSC023271.JPG

Here's a picture of the back of the cab. Both are outfitted with exhaust and intake PC fans and carbon filters.
DSC023491.JPG

Finally some buds from the most recent harvests. Both were groups of 2 White Russians a couple weeks apart.
DSC023331.JPG

DSC023351.JPG

DSC023411.JPG

Hope you guys enjoy the show, if anyone is interested in past grows in the desk they can be found in my previous thread in the microgrows section
:boogie:

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Hi JointOps. Dude this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Sub'd for sure. Could I ask what do you get for yeild off those adorable little girls.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Lookin good as always Joint Ops! :rauch08:

Your Dank Desk is the hottest micro grow on the site. You run it well.

-TF

420alldaze

420alldaze

new thread! same killer dankness! lookin good as usual jo! cant wait to see what those ckush turn out like. peacentreez

W

wanderingwobble

this is fuckin sweet! gonna have to copy you on this one. what kinda fans and carbon filters are you using? and are they working well or can you still smell the dankness in that room?

T

themeangreen

How does the yield compare to the hydro setup? Love the bonsai mother's

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Killin' it JointOps! I've got my chair pulled up... :cool

J

JointOps

Hi JointOps. Dude this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Sub'd for sure. Could I ask what do you get for yeild off those adorable little girls.

Thanks bro! My yields vary between strains but I am able to pull 3-7 grams off of each plant.

Lookin good as always Joint Ops! :rauch08:

Your Dank Desk is the hottest micro grow on the site. You run it well.

-TF

Good to see ya Trichrome and thanks for the shout out! Your still killin it in coco, I wouldn't mind throwing some coconuts in the desk.

new thread! same killer dankness! lookin good as usual jo! cant wait to see what those ckush turn out like. peacentreez

That Caribbean Kush is really peaking my interest, and if they turn out anything like the nugs they came in I will be a happy man.

this is fuckin sweet! gonna have to copy you on this one. what kinda fans and carbon filters are you using? and are they working well or can you still smell the dankness in that room?

Thanks for the shout out wandering, and copy away! The fans are all PC fans, and the carbon filter is a DIY, here's the tutorial.

Thats a nice setup.

Thanks chief

I love it. Best micro grow ever!

Thanks pheno! Glad your pulled up.

How does the yield compare to the hydro setup? Love the bonsai mother's

The yield was slightly better per plant in the hydro, but the constraint of plant #s was really setting me back. The bonsai moms sure are fun!

Killin' it JointOps! I've got my chair pulled up... :cool

Haha glad to see you around Shady, Ill try to keep it interesting.

Round 2! Ding Ding! Bring it.:boogie:

:banana1sv6:

In My Mind, I Forget About It All
DSC02388.JPG

Update time, and I thought I would throw up some pics of the midweek chores, one of which was root trimmings for the White Russian and Grape Romulan moms.

Here is the Grape Romulan mom after a haircut for the coming Group H.
DSC023771.JPG

DSC023792.JPG

DSC023811.JPG

All cleaned up after a shave.
DSC023841.JPG

Into some new soil she goes.
DSC02386.JPG

Back to the Desk.
DSC023901.JPG

DSC02395.JPG

DSC023941.JPG

So the root trim was on Wednesday, and tonight we have nice green moms.
White Russian
DSC023911.JPG

Grape Romulan
DSC023921.JPG

Caribbean Kush. These things really need a re-potting but I'm stalling until I find out sex, still no sign.
DSC023961.JPG

DSC023971.JPG

The new girls, rooted and now in dirt.
DSC023991.JPG

And the clones for Round H, all Grape Romulan
DSC02400.JPG

Over to the flower cab.
DSC02403.JPG

Looking empty since the Grape Romulan came down, a little earlier than planned but they looked very ripe with 50% amber trichs. Ill have dried pics up in a couple days.
DSC024041.JPG

Group F, 3 Diablo OGs at the start of week 7.
DSC024072.JPG

DSC02410.JPG

DSC02412.JPG

DSC02415.JPG

Group G, 5 White Russians at the end of week 5
DSC02418.JPG

DSC02420.JPG

DSC02421.JPG

http://i1024.invalid.com/albums/y305/CharacterMaster/Gif/elevator-thatsallfolks.gif

Og420

Og420

The first cab i looked into desging was very simmiler to this, would have been a lot bigger due to the amount of stuff that i need surface space for was going to be 4 feet down one wall with a clone box at the end and then 4 feet down the ajsent wall and that desk section was going to be for my turntables so was going to be 4.5ft high with a mother box in the cornor and a veg box down the other end, the desk was going to be coverd in fans anyway ( have a lot of electricals that i like to keep cool lol) but working out the cost, i nearly had a hart attack, thats when i learnt custom builds like that dont come cheap lol

Bricktop

Bricktop

Wow, this is some amazing work. Really, man, absolutely incredible!

J

juana420

Yea lookin forward to see the CK.Lovin the pics.Keep us posted.
Juana

L

LikemindS

BAD ASS MICRO GROW MAN!!!!!!!!! Looking at that makes me wanna do some micro experimentation!

J

JointOps

The first cab i looked into desging was very simmiler to this, would have been a lot bigger due to the amount of stuff that i need surface space for was going to be 4 feet down one wall with a clone box at the end and then 4 feet down the ajsent wall and that desk section was going to be for my turntables so was going to be 4.5ft high with a mother box in the cornor and a veg box down the other end, the desk was going to be coverd in fans anyway ( have a lot of electricals that i like to keep cool lol) but working out the cost, i nearly had a hart attack, thats when i learnt custom builds like that dont come cheap lol

Those custom builds certainly dont come cheap, but are still very worth it in the end!

Wow, this is some amazing work. Really, man, absolutely incredible!

Thanks for the shout out Bricktop!

Yea lookin forward to see the CK.Lovin the pics.Keep us posted.
Juana

Im really pumped about that CK as well.

BAD ASS MICRO GROW MAN!!!!!!!!! Looking at that makes me wanna do some micro experimentation!

Haha get to it chief! Nothing like some micro experimenting

It's Grrrrrrape!

Thought I would throw up some of the pics of the 3 Grape Romulan that came down last week. All dried and jarred, weighing in at a total of 15 grams which makes it about 5 grams per plant. Here for you are the larger nugs... enjoy.
DSC02425.JPG

DSC02427.JPG

DSC024231.JPG

DSC02428.JPG

DSC02431.JPG

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up jo? grape is lookin tasty! hows the high? always love checkin in on your grow! peacentreez

J

JointOps

what up jo? grape is lookin tasty! hows the high? always love checkin in on your grow! peacentreez

Thanks alldaze! The high is a nice body stone that sits behind the eyes and lasts for a decent period, I did a strain/smoke report in the past that I will throw up at the end of this update.

Turn and Face the Strain
DSC02432.JPG

Ok so after a bit of thought its time to change up the desk, or at least start preparing for a change. Running the SOG style lollipops has given me the ability to find some strains I'm now fond of, but its time to switch it up.

Currently in the flowering cab are:
3 x Diablo OG, at week 8
5 x White Russian, at week 6
2 x Caribbean Kush, at week 4, both of which turned out to be female!

That leaves the complete clear out date in the measure of 4-8 weeks, at which time I will be switching to a ScrOG comprising of 6 plants. I scrapped the clones I took and clipped some new ones today, all Grape Romulan. These should take ~2 weeks to root, be put into party cups and topped for around 2-3 weeks, and will get up to a week in the flower side training before the flip.

Mainly the goal is to get as much growth as I can after topping while still in the party cups, and re pot once into the flower cab. We will see as space is tight and I currently have too many strains on my hands to deal with.

Ill be shooting for around 5-6 weeks before the flip which may leave the Caribbean Kush a little short as I have no idea what the flowering time of it is.

As the flower cab starts to empty out a bit Ill start figuring out what I want to do for the screen and drainage. Might flip the light if I can make it fit, and maybe move a fan.

Enough with the words...
DSC024401.JPG

DSC02433.JPG

DSC02435.JPG

Caribbean Kush Mothers
DSC024361.JPG

White Russian and Grape Romulan Moms
DSC02437.JPG

Plat Purp x Blue Dream and Anthropology OG
DSC02439.JPG

DSC02441.JPG

DSC02442.JPG

Diablo OG
DSC02444.JPG

DSC024481.JPG

DSC02451.JPG

DSC02452.JPG

White Russian
DSC024551.JPG

DSC024561.JPG

DSC02459.JPG

DSC02460.JPG

And the 2 confirmed female Caribbean Kush
DSC02463.JPG

DSC02464.JPG

And now for the Grape Romulan Smoke/Strain Report

DSC019921.JPG

DSC01999.JPG

Strain: Grape Romulan (H, Indica Dom)

Genetics: Romulan(Cali strain x White Rhino) x Grape Strain

Flowering Time: 68 Days

Bag Appeal: 9/10 Wow do these nugs shine. She really sparkles and pops with bright orange hairs.

Smell: 8.5/10 Very sweet, with an almost mentholated grape smell. It really is intoxicating and is only get stronger.

Taste: 8/10 The taste is very clean, slightly mentholated as with the smell. And man does this strain grab your lungs and squeeze, it has some really great expansion even with smaller hits.

High: 8.5/10 With almost dizzying effects, this strain comes on strong as soon as the hit lands in your lungs. Heavy eyelids and a slight stupor are an amazing effect of the Romulan, with its more hybrid balance of body stone and mental expansion. As strong as she comes on though the high peaks and settles to a nice buzz after 30-45 minutes, a relatively short period of royal fucked-up-ness, although grand it is.

Grower's Notes (that's me!): Grape Romulan was overall a very easy strain to grow. Not demanding excesses of any particular nutrient, she fit in quite well with the other plants with a low leaf to bud ratio. Slightly more branching with this strain, she still produces good amounts when kept short.

DSC02008.JPG

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Looking tight, jointOps! So you are gonna go with 6 plants next round and scrog them? Sounds like a winner to me. You ever think of going a flower bed? If they are trapped in a scrog anyhow, you might as well tie the bottoms too. You could use a tray or build yourself a custom tray out of ABS plastic. Make a drain on one end and tilt the tray. Have a hose come out under in a hidden spot with a catch can for runoff. Just a thought to max the small area. Another thought. If you are gonna move the light, you ever think of adding or making some sort of reflector, to increase your light intensity? Sorry, just had a nice bong load. It brings out the McGyver in me.

-TF

W

wanderingwobble

tasty lookin nuggs mang! cant wait to see a scrog in the dank desk!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom