jorge cervantes and the garage

• Thread starter Bluberry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluberry

jorge cervantes says that growing in your garage, shed, outhouse is a bad idea. anyone any thoughts on this? I have an oil central heating boiler in my garage and was thinking of setting a tent right beside it, so that any heat noticed from above would look like it was coming from the boiler and chimney. Is that a bad isea?

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Do they even check for grows with flir in Ireland? I would think if your lowkey and cover the odor, your golden.

I was born on the Island (Birr Co. Offaly). I'm the only one here in the states. Cheers mate.

lazarus718

lazarus718

jorge cervantes says that growing in your garage, shed, outhouse is a bad idea. anyone any thoughts on this? I have an oil central heating boiler in my garage and was thinking of setting a tent right beside it, so that any heat noticed from above would look like it was coming from the boiler and chimney. Is that a bad isea?

Guess that depends on how big of an operation you're kicking off? I think he is referring to security issues as well, best bet is to keep your grow away from your residence even if you're legal.

B

Bluberry

Do they even check for grows with flir in Ireland? I would think if your lowkey and cover the odor, your golden.

I was born on the Island (Birr Co. Offaly). I'm the only one here in the states. Cheers mate.

They are where I am...

Ulster's increasing drug trade in home-grown cannabis is being foiled from the sky by police. The PSNI's hi-tech helicopter is being successfully used to spot cannabis factories, according to Assistant Chief Constable Duncan McCausland, reducing production of the drug and preventing it from hitting the streets. The chief has also warned that more cannabis plants are being grown by unscrupulous drug dealers in the province because of difficulties importing the drug into Northern Ireland. He has revealed that, over the past 12 months, three cannabis factories have been discovered in the greater Belfast area by the helicopter's heat-seeking device. He told how the helicopter was recently being used over the Lisburn area to assist in a missing person search when the device picked up a cannabis factory.

Also I live close to some mountains, there are always helicopters looking for people who get lost!

As for growing away from home - I wish I could, but its just a small personal grow so its not worth it.

B

Bluberry

Hell, how long have you been in the states and what state are you in? Ever come back to Ireland?

lazarus718

lazarus718

If it's a small personal grow I wouldn't be worried about doing it in a garage bro. As long as you keep it to yourself and you scrub the air you shouldn't have any security issues.

jagle

jagle

They are where I am...

Ulster's increasing drug trade in home-grown cannabis is being foiled from the sky by police. The PSNI's hi-tech helicopter is being successfully used to spot cannabis factories, according to Assistant Chief Constable Duncan McCausland, reducing production of the drug and preventing it from hitting the streets. The chief has also warned that more cannabis plants are being grown by unscrupulous drug dealers in the province because of difficulties importing the drug into Northern Ireland. He has revealed that, over the past 12 months, three cannabis factories have been discovered in the greater Belfast area by the helicopter's heat-seeking device. He told how the helicopter was recently being used over the Lisburn area to assist in a missing person search when the device picked up a cannabis factory.

Also I live close to some mountains, there are always helicopters looking for people who get lost!

As for growing away from home - I wish I could, but its just a small personal grow so its not worth it.

growing in a shed where there was a boiler so any heat wont really be noticed, plus im using cfl's so minimal heat output, for the time being, if i wanna upgrade to a hid or mh i wouldnt bother with heat shielding as the place im growing would just be where a boiler is

O

ookiimata

Cervante is against those types of setups because it's harder to control who has access to it or who could be around it (if I remember correctly). Like if someone comes into your yard for some reason and notices something in the shed. Or smells something. If you grow in your house you have more control over who gets into the actual house, on top of who gets near the room. I believe that's his logic. So the safety of your shed would depend on those and similar factors in your personal situation, I imagine. How much traffic you have in your yard, how near the shed is to other houses and the road, can it be seen from other houses or from the road. Things like that.

Using the boiler as FLIR cover is pretty good idea. I don't think you'd have to worry about it with CFLs, but can't hurt to be too safe. I know alot of people exhaust their heat from the same vents as their heaters and clothes dryers to confuse FLIR and limit the reasonable suspicion of officers. You could always IR shield the tent then run the exhaust so it looks like it's coming from the boiler.

T

Toes

Jorge (if I remember correctly) advises against growing in an outbuilding because the FLIR guys don't need any kind of warrant to survey a non-attached structure on your property. And, they can use that surveillance evidence to get a search warrant, or convict you in court.

If the garage is attached to your house... without a search warrant, they aren't "supposed" to use ANY type of surveillance equipment. No binoculars, no FLIR, only the naked eye. If you get busted, a good attorney can prove the warrant was obtained illegally and the evidence won't be admissible in court. (in the U.S.A.) not sure about the laws in your neck o' the woods.

Sounds like it's attached to your house, boiler and chimney and all, unless your planning a tent-in-your-garage style "Cannabis Factory", I'd say happy growing brother :)

B

Bobby Smith

Jorge (if I remember correctly) advises against growing in an outbuilding because the FLIR guys don't need any kind of warrant to survey a non-attached structure on your property. And, they can use that surveillance evidence to get a search warrant, or convict you in court.

If the garage is attached to your house... without a search warrant, they aren't "supposed" to use ANY type of surveillance equipment. No binoculars, no FLIR, only the naked eye. If you get busted, a good attorney can prove the warrant was obtained illegally and the evidence won't be admissible in court. (in the U.S.A.) not sure about the laws in your neck o' the woods.

Sounds like it's attached to your house, boiler and chimney and all, unless your planning a tent-in-your-garage style "Cannabis Factory", I'd say happy growing brother :)

My grow is in my (attached) garage, but if I had a basement best believe that's where it'd be - for all the reasons stated above, as well as the fact that I FUCKING HATE that my neighbors can see me entering and exiting my garage (garage door is sealed shut, but in the back there's a door that I use)..........to me, that's my weakest point of security - can't imagine what they think I could be doing in there; I try to always bring a tool either coming or going, but (IMO) it looks shady.

T

Toes

My grow is in my (attached) garage, but if I had a basement best believe that's where it'd be - for all the reasons stated above, as well as the fact that I FUCKING HATE that my neighbors can see me entering and exiting my garage (garage door is sealed shut, but in the back there's a door that I use)..........to me, that's my weakest point of security - can't imagine what they think I could be doing in there; I try to always bring a tool either coming or going, but (IMO) it looks shady.

I know what you mean Bobby. I always feel like my neighbors are watching me go in and out of the greenhouse, wondering what the hell I got growing in there.

I ease my mind though, by thinking about when I look at them... walking into their house or whatever... and how I really couldn't care less what the fuck ever they are doing over there. lol :)

B

Bluberry

Thanks for the advice guys - I have been thinking it through and perhaps the attic, right beside the chimney is the best, that way I can vent out the chimney?

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Well there ya have it Bluberry , Problem Solved .

Attic grow is the way to go , Ya know how feckin nosey neighbors can be & several trips to the shed will be an eye opener fer the nosey feckers wanting to know what yer up too . Just be careful venting out the chimney & be sure to seal good around the area that ya vent into so ya don't get any back-flow from the other things vented into the chimney , Ya know potential Carbon Monoxide from other sources could be a Major Health Issue .

The Best O'Luck with yer Grow ,,,

B

Bluberry

Thanks guys - seems every bloody day I change my mind, small, big, smaller, bigger. Will keep you posted !

J

jaybuds

my best setup ever was in an attached garage, medical legal though so didn't have to worry about flur or anything like that

Top Bottom