juicer machine to extract nutes?

• Thread starter tigrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tigrower

I saw on a u-tube video some guy using a juicer machine to extract juice from broccoli, kale and other supermarket veggies. I thought to myself, why pay $$ for perfectly good veggies and then grind them up to feed my weed plants? Why not use the leafy weeds growing everywhere that are free?

If I follow the guy on the vids logic, the juice extracted from the leafy greens are a direct source of organic macro nutes, especially nitrogen.
Since the nutes are liquefied, my girls would absorb the nutes quicker?

Wondering if anyone has tried this method of using a juicer to make liquid fertilizer.

the rrock

the rrock

why feed it veggies,I would just liquefy some male plants and old trim and maybe some roots also,get the recycled juices flowing

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I saw on a u-tube video some guy using a juicer machine to extract juice from broccoli, kale and other supermarket veggies. I thought to myself, why pay $$ for perfectly good veggies and then grind them up to feed my weed plants? Why not use the leafy weeds growing everywhere that are free?

If I follow the guy on the vids logic, the juice extracted from the leafy greens are a direct source of organic macro nutes, especially nitrogen.

Wondering if anyone has tried this method of using a juicer to make liquid fertilizer.
why feed it veggies,I would just liquefy some male plants and old trim and maybe some roots also,get the recycled juices flowing
and THE ROCK SAYS

Homesteader

Homesteader

No offense but a total waste of time and energy. Just bury the stalks in rich dirt with worms and microbes and they will break it all down for you. Start a compost pile or get some rabbits and chickens. The dirt in my chicken coop has about 100 worms per shovel full. That is a scary amount but rich AF for plants.

T

tigrower

No offense but a total waste of time and energy. Just bury the stalks in rich dirt with worms and microbes and they will break it all down for you. Start a compost pile or get some rabbits and chickens. The dirt in my chicken coop has about 100 worms per shovel full. That is a scary amount but rich AF for plants.
I hear you... the thought is instant fertilizer, vs waiting for the compost to break down. Can't use "green scraps" in the container, so juicing would make it readily available? I'm not saying it works, it's a question if it does work.

T

tigrower

I smell what your "growing". Trim is a good idea, exact nutes the plant needs.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I hear you... the thought is instant fertilizer, vs waiting for the compost to break down. Can't use "green scraps" in the container, so juicing would make it readily available? I'm not saying it works, it's a question if it does work.
as far as I know the juice would feed the microbes in the soil which would in turn feed the plant or make the juice into a usable form for the plant

it would also attract all types of bugs to contend with

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter

Homesteader is correct and this is a complete waste of time and energy. Not only that it will likely introduce bad pathogens to your biome that you do not want.

You will have much better results and much more nutrients available to the plant with a proper compost.

If you're into YouTube videos, look up Dr. Elaine Ingham's Soil Food Web School. She has a lot of free information on her channel and a legit online school for no-till, regenerative growing and composting. I am currently enrolled, as a matter of fact. Worth every penny so far. It's not cheap, either, but occasionally you can catch the program on sale. Usually like once per year, and they just had a sale in the early summer, so probably not likely again until next year.

But check her channel out anyway, there's a lot of free information she gives right there if you have the will, and interest to learn.

N

Natep

Look into Korean natural farming. You can make fpj. It is a great nutrient. However I think broccoli is not what you want to make it out of. I would do aloe.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Bob Hemphill does this. Seems to work for him.

Top Bottom