July Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Jboys3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jboys3

Jboys3

I am currently a long time indoor OMMP grower. I am thinking of giving it a try to raise a few plants outdoors this summer. I am torn as to what to use. Looking for some advice here from the long time outdoor folks.

Should I use fabric pots, planter boxes, or just dig a nice 4' hole in the ground?

north knect

north knect

That all depends on how often u want and are able to water..directly In the ground u will water less but the fabric pots give your roots tons of oxygen yet dry out alot quicker..just something to consider..and how big are u planning on having these girls?

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I'm in western washington and will be using fabric pots for mobility/spinning, oxygen for roots, and because I can't get away with proper trees :(

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I recommend beds. However, if this is your first time outdoors, smart pots are very forgiving. They are very hard to over water, very hard to get root rot, and the oxygen exchange is second to none. I prefer beds because they retain water much better.

I prefer 400 gallons or larger, and I grow monsters. However the most economical size that produces large plants is 150-200 gallon.

The most important thing about growing outdoors is your soil. I would almost suggest if your short on funds, skipping the pots and spend all your money on soil. Dump the soil in a mound, plant into mound.

Jboys3

Jboys3

Thanks all.

There are no limits to the size of my plants. These plants will be strictly outdoors with no hoop house involved. They will get maximum exposure to the sun.

My plan is to use the spent soil I have saved from my year around indoor grow, dig nice big holes after soil cultivation, and add topical organic powder nutrients which will leach into the soil during watering. As this will be my first 'test' year for outdoor growing I am trying to keep the costs to a minimum and learn as I grow. Perhaps I will put 6 plants in the ground and 6 in 4x4 planter boxes for trial purposes.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Like I said, get the best soil possible. 200 gal = 1/2 yard. Kill it bro.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

yea, hope all is well and your plants are healthy and happy.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Also, thank you @jimmy the hat. I must have smoked way too much when I made that post. 200 gallons = 1 yard. You are correct.

Jboys3

Jboys3

The lone plant is doing fine...experiment year.

Next year will be break out time!

Jboys3

Jboys3

So far so good. 5' tall and very, very bushy with lots of buds. Now to get some good hard, heavy nuggets before the first frost.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I know it has been quite some time since I posted to this thread [or any thread for that matter]. The experiment was good; not great. Plant ended up with 4# of A and .5# of C. Thinking of going full blown recreational this year. Starting with 40 plants and going onto 100+ in a year or two.

TristanYsolt

TristanYsolt

Word it's definitely been quite a while since you have posted but I'm in where the thread for this rec founded grow

Top Bottom