Juniper's Grave Digger Seeds Grow Journal Feat. Wicked Queen

• Thread starter juniper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juniper

juniper

Juniper here, starting a grow journal w/ Grave Digger Seeds' Wicked Queen, available right here on THCbay. I've been envious of these since they dropped a while back. Respect to @shamus dolan for being legit as fuck.

The genetics are listed as Bros. Grimm's Apollo 13 x (Romulan x P75). P75 is Princess BX1, precursor to Cinderella 99 (Princess BX3), and a relative of Apollo 13 in it's own right.

My favorite plant is my Apollo 13 "Nature's Best" cut. It's a tall, floppy Sativa, that is low odor in flower but cures to a wonderful pungent floral-cheese smell. And it's done in 7 weeks flat from flip. There's gotta be a gem or two in this pack...

Speaking of which, tell me this isn't the dopest pack of seeds you've ever seen. Awesome graphic design, red ink stamp on the back, and it's even sealed and stamped with wax. Details noted and appreciated.
Junipers grave digger seeds grow journal feat wicked queen Junipers grave digger seeds grow journal feat wicked queen 2 Junipers grave digger seeds grow journal feat wicked queen 3
Seeds themselves came professionally stored in an amber vial.

These will be germinated in 2 weeks. Tent's a little too crowded to pheno-hunt at the moment, but there's a harvest around the corner that will free up plenty of space. This thread will run semi-independently from my other journal, this one is just for Wicked Queen.

Updates to follow shortly. Can't wait to soak these beans!

juniper

juniper

I am not a patient man...
Some things will have to be shuffled around in the tents but enough space will be made.
IMG 05641 IMG 05651 IMG 05661
Seven seeds for seven pots. Seeds appear fresh, healthy, and viable. Average-sized beans with a bold tiger-stripe pattern.

Ol' paper towel method in a shallow plate, with a plate covering that. The starting solution is 1/2 distilled water, 1/2 tap, with about 35mL/G BioAg Ful-Power, as directed. The plate is kept on my HPS hood, which is barely warm to the touch.

Since these are presumably fresh, they'll probably crack within a day or two. Once they have tails, they'll be transferred to those little pots. The medium for the seedlings will be rockwool mini-cubes.

Updates to follow within a few days.

north knect

north knect

Sounds like it will be an interesting show subbed in for sure..and ya those tiger stripes are very bold..looks crazy..good luck man happy farming :D

NK

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
hey juniper...thanx for the start up.......and also props......I went through a lot of work to get these beans out there. and i see you appreciate the packaging...it was all !!! hand stamped and printed and i also hand waxed and stamped every single pack.,,,,,,,,shamus

420circuit

420circuit

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out! Apollo and Romulan are great strains, hope they play well together. My grow room is 72-75 degrees, hope that's warm enough for these seeds to germ...

juniper

juniper

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out! Apollo and Romulan are great strains, hope they play well together. My grow room is 72-75 degrees, hope that's warm enough for these seeds to germ...

I'd bet a splash of indica would be beneficial; improve the A13 structure a smidge. The cut I have is awful lanky. You'll be okay in the 70's. Ambient temperatures should sprout seeds just dandy, friend.

420circuit

420circuit

A week and no germination, getting nervous, perhaps I am looking forward to this too much. Have done tons of seeds like this, soak a day in wet paper napkin, tear a little piece of the napkin with the seed and plant under 1/2" of LW soil in a cup, keep moist, wait for magic to happen...c'mon magic!

I have grown the Rom here in CO, probably a different strain, the one I grew out was almost grapefruit in aroma and took about 10 weeks to finish under 600W. Quite potent smoke. Never tried Apollo, wonder if this is the same genetics as the one Subcool used in his breeding projects.

juniper

juniper

A week and no germination, getting nervous, perhaps I am looking forward to this too much. Have done tons of seeds like this, soak a day in wet paper napkin, tear a little piece of the napkin with the seed and plant under 1/2" of LW soil in a cup, keep moist, wait for magic to happen...c'mon magic! I have grown the Rom here in CO, probably a different strain, the one I grew out was almost grapefruit in aroma and took about 10 weeks to finish under 600W. Quite potent smoke. Never tried Apollo, wonder if this is the same genetics as the one Subcool used in his breeding projects.

What up fellow Coloradan. Front Range or the Western Slope?

I have heard good things about Romulan. I assume Subcool has different cut(s) of Apollo 13. Either way, the line should be relatively uniform. Apollo 13 is (Genius x P75); the parent plants are very closely related.

If memory serves, Brothers Grimm only made a very small number of A13 seeds, I want to say only a few hundred total. It was meant to be limited release special edition of their Apollo 11 (Genius x C99) or something. If anyone knows more about the history or my information isn't spot-on please chime in.

Did you happen to notice any seeds crack before you put them in the dirt? I've had 5/7 crack and start throwing tails so far. Been about 48 hours since they've been in paper towels. I'd like to think the Fulvic Acid is helping them along a little quicker.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
hey 420........let me know how it goes out there. I usually get them to crack in 24 to 48 hours. keep me posted bro...........shamus

matamus

matamus

will be watching these closely nice packaging Shamus killer way to go!!

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
thanx matamus.........it was a lot of work.......but well worth the work........shamus

juniper

juniper

Wicked Queen #2 is first to shed its shell:
IMG 05851
#1, 3, 4, 5 are right behind it in development.
#6 looks like it cracked open today.
#7 no activity yet.

juniper

juniper

Small update:
IMG 05991 IMG 06001 IMG 06031
#5, #2, #3 are up. #1 is up, but the cotyledons haven't quite opened up yet.

Seed #6 never cracked, seed #7 cracked open but died thereafter. I accidentally killed seedling #4; careless mistakes cost.

Four plants (1-3 females) isn't really enough to hunt for phenotypes. 2-5 females is far better, statistically speaking.
Thus, I'm soaking the remaining beans, #8, #9, and #10. Seedlings should be up in next week or two.

@shamus dolan writes that his favorite phenotype smells like peaches and baby powder, and that it's the dominant pheno in the pack.
Maybe he can chime in on the different phenotypes in these beans.

shamus dolan

shamus dolan

Breeder
Supporter
phenos that have been found so far.......first , have ranged 59 to 72 days.the structure is also very consistent, that meaning.......they all have stout medium structure which in turn helps hold the very large colas in place without the use or need for stakes,which was one one of the hopes for this strain. one lone plant that was very lanky turned out male and had that famous pineapple smell and pollen WILL be saved for future. the flavors of the strain are as follows.....alcohol....watermelon......tropical fruit (pineapple mango )... (peach,baby powder).pics of the other phenos will be posted as they come in..........shamus

Top Bottom