Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I found a proper PWM speed controller built by Noctua and made sure I can wire it for stand alone use.
41idFyLibL AC SY400
71Z4vyzDcSL AC SL1500  1
C1b53a50 7f07 4c98 af51 d45dc3a3ec9b CR00970300 PT0 SX970
31xsugFQftL AC SY400

I'll buy a 12v AC or USB adapter to connect it to. There are other ones that are easier to wire and cheaper but I like this one's asthetics. It will look professional when I'm done.

For only $20 I'll get a second one to expand/multiply my workstation's MOBO PWM ports.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

My dream has come true. A stand alone VR system powerful enough to play games ported from the Rift. Oculus Quest comes out this spring for $400US. I have some cash coming in soon and I'll have enough to buy one. Yay! Robo Recall at the park. Maybe it will go multiplayer.

This is one thing I will stall off garden equipment for. This could finally take VR for pro players mainstream. Vive has one that connects to multiple devices but the Quest already makes that tech obsolete.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Looks like the technology is getting closer to that movie Ready Player One

As far as spacial movement and gameplay it's already there. It's gonna look great running at 72Hz and something like 1600x1400pix each eye. All it needs is body tracking and biofeedback, both of which are already in existence. The scanning in Ready Player 1 is already on the unit. It's just pointing out. It's capable of dot mapping real space. They could easily add a couple projectors pointed at the face. Done.

I can't believe this thing is running on last year's top mobile processor. It's a cell phone processor running a unit that normally requires a high end CPU and GPU to function. That's just crazy, man. Has a USB type C port too. With It's charging capability they'll probably have belt slung batteries.

I could see this goin on at the park. Groups of people playing together again. This unit was a great idea. I can't wait till they start doing events like Player Unknown Battlegrounds in real space. That'd be sick.

...and you could watch as a spectator with an iPad. Cool.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Was looking for silver thiosulfate on Amazon and when I couldn't find I realised it must be unstable in that form so I'd need to buy the ingredients instead, sodium thiosulfate and silver nitrate.

I looked up how to mix it and came across this article...

https://steemit.com/cannabis/@thecl...abis-pollen-featuring-the-gorgeous-early-dane

It appears to me to be right on the money. If anyone has used this solution and is reading this, does it look right?

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Bad news, have yet to find a viable bean on the Chocolate Nepal. I successfully pollinated it. There were seeds everywhere but I think the cold wiped them out. Most were long dead and very tiny, the bigger ones I found were deformed and still stunted. Pretty bummed. Hopefully one or two fully grew in the older flowers but I think it's a lost cause. RIP Royal Nepal genetics unless I find more original beans. I learned an important lesson, don't try to breed outside during winter. At least the buds are killer smoke.

Will check the BIC#4 next. I saw some fat calyces on her. Still hope.

I'll be ordering beans soon, and the makings for silver thiosulfate. I still have some excellent genetics to breed.

Phylex

Phylex

Bad news, have yet to find a viable bean on the Chocolate Nepal. I successfully pollinated it. There were seeds everywhere but I think the cold wiped them out. Most were long dead and very tiny, the bigger ones I found were deformed and still stunted. Pretty bummed. Hopefully one or two fully grew in the older flowers but I think it's a lost cause. RIP Royal Nepal genetics unless I find more original beans. I learned an important lesson, don't try to breed outside during winter. At least the buds are killer smoke.

Will check the BIC#4 next. I saw some fat calyces on her. Still hope.

I'll be ordering beans soon, and the makings for silver thiosulfate. I still have some excellent genetics to breed.
Sorry to hear that brother. I know she meant a lot to you. I hope you find one just to keep it going.

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Damn bro, fingers crossed you find a few viable beans. Im yet to try breeding, not sure I have the patience for it yet lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sorry to hear that brother. I know she meant a lot to you. I hope you find one just to keep it going.

Damn bro, fingers crossed you find a few viable beans. Im yet to try breeding, not sure I have the patience for it yet lol

I've found out the hard way, in this game you can't hold on to something to tightly. If you do, you're gonna be disappointed. These are living things and they don't always turn out the way you plan.

I've learned a lot from this grow and produced some pretty potent buds. That's good enough. I'll be buying some beans now. Time to work on something new. If I can find another Chocolate Nepal bean or a local grower with Royal Nepal, I'll try again.

They look fluffy but they're rock solid...
20190122 162831

Even the fan leaves were loaded like sugar leaves.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Grow Log 1/23/19

Proof that it's possible to grow a decent plant at 60F(15.5C) and below. The average outside temps have 48F(8.8C) daytime and 35F(1.6C) at night. The 250w heater has held her to the upper 40'sF when the night temps reach 32F(0C). Apparently, those temps kill seeds but you can still get pretty nice flowers.

Since "decent" is entirely subjective, I'll expound. My definition in this instance is; Quality flowers and a big enough yield to enjoy and share, IMO.

I'm surprised they're stacked so tight. Again, never grew indoor till harvest before so this is all new to me.
20190123 065723
20190123 065851
20190123 065822
20190123 065759

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

So stoked for you.

That’s Han Solos kid? Bean solo?
:)

Sifted through the rest of the Royal Nepal and found one more Chocolate Nepal bean. Very healthy as well. I'm technically in a better position than i was when I started the last 2 beans. If those 2, I had 1 healthy and 1 immature. If I get even one female, I'll clone for breeders and outdoor garden. I still need to breed Chocolate Orange Creamsicle so there's some logistical problems I need to sort out. With my setup there's little likelihood of pollen X contamination but I'd like there to be none.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

It's been your lucky day. Congrats

Thanks man. Going through 15mo old bud trimmings and shake. Still need to go through all my Banana Crack shake. That strain is one of my top ten favorites. It doesnt completely blast you, just a solid stone with excellent flavor. A great daily driver.

What I would need to quickly recover these genetics is another 4x2 tent & triple CXB3590, STS, and a 700w-800w solar array (preferably a 6x6 tent to put my 4x2's inside. That would block out summer daylight and double insulate them.) I could draw cool air from below the deck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom