Just a little Sativa tease from the true goddesses

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
My neighbors here in northern new england are as viet as u can get and smoke cannabis like they eat fish! Wonderful family with wonderful food! They have a similar looking plant i wanna share with you guys IF and i mean IF vieu will let me grab a pic of her. Gorgeous girls......thin leaves work for me!

Oh shit man! Well hells yea man. Id love to check out the plant your talking about. And Im pretty sure everyone else would love to see them also. Please, pretty please with sugar on top, show us those pics :)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Y that VB is outrageous ! What would I expect indoors ? Or perhaps how tall a ceiling do I need? Nice pics @loompa

Medusa, at least from my experience, Landrace are extremely difficult to grow indoors. Their feeding requirements are so different from what we are used to and they grow so big and lanky they become unmanageable and tak up tons of room with how they like to stretch out. I can get to about week 14 pretty easily, but getting from about week 14 to week 18-20 is the real challenge. And of course sifting through progeny on hundreds of 18-20 weekers is extremely difficult to do. But I have done it before. I would suggest you let me work them a couple gens at least to try to tame them just a bit first. At the F1 gen, they are monsters...lol But if your up for practice and honing your skills, landrace sativas can teach you alot about what and how true sativas grow and like to be treated.

Loompa :)

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Glad I have major f2s of the Viet black. Need to pop those. You still running the Guido? @loompa

No, I dropped the Guido finally. After coming up with my Yeti and foo lines, my reason for growing Guido quickly vanished. Of course my yeti and foo go about 2 weeks longer, they are still better representations of an OG type flower and are considerably more potent.

So whats up with your Viet F2's? You grown any out? What seed stock did your parents come from?

SpiderK

SpiderK

hows your durban ? i just hooked up with a bunch of old seeds from the early 90's. but the guy in indianapolis who handed them out back then had it in the late 80's ....

when u ran your back in the day did you ever see wide leaf girls or did you see all sat ? & if they are really landrace shouldn't they all be similar stature, uniform sativa plants before the crossing started .... or what did u see back then with these original plants ???? ( SSSC's , .... ect )

thanks!

Last edited:
J

justblazen

Active Farmer
No, I dropped the Guido finally. After coming up with my Yeti and foo lines, my reason for growing Guido quickly vanished. Of course my yeti and foo go about 2 weeks longer, they are still better representations of an OG type flower and are considerably more potent.

So whats up with your Viet F2's? You grown any out? What seed stock did your parents come from?
My Homie @urbanite420 made f 2s which i believe came from billygoat seeds. But he can probably fill in the gaps. Been thinking about popping some soon. I love me some sativa. Especially since i tried chimeras guerrero gold x bb....

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Medusa, at least from my experience, Landrace are extremely difficult to grow indoors. Their feeding requirements are so different from what we are used to and they grow so big and lanky they become unmanageable and tak up tons of room with how they like to stretch out. I can get to about week 14 pretty easily, but getting from about week 14 to week 18-20 is the real challenge. And of course sifting through progeny on hundreds of 18-20 weekers is extremely difficult to do. But I have done it before. I would suggest you let me work them a couple gens at least to try to tame them just a bit first. At the F1 gen, they are monsters...lol But if your up for practice and honing your skills, landrace sativas can teach you alot about what and how true sativas grow and like to be treated.

Its a deal ! They call that a good delegater.. Nope tried some cambodian mekong haze once could'nt even get em to pop to old I guess ..Thanks M

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
hows your durban ? i just hooked up with a bunch of old seeds from the early 90's. but the guy in indianapolis who handed them out back then had it in the late 80's ....

when u ran your back in the day did you ever see wide leaf girls or did you see all sat ? & if they are really landrace shouldn't they all be similar stature, uniform sativa plants before the crossing started .... or what did u see back then with these original plants ???? ( SSSC's , .... ect )

thanks!

thanks!
The Durbin I have now was acquired through a friend who kept raving about it to me. Now in the past, I have run many Durbin beans, and I only saw sativa plants with thin fan leaves and medium to long distance between internodes. Most of the aroma profiles I came across were all some variation of anise and incensey type "haze" smells. I dont know if what I was running was a hybrid of some sort, but Im inclined to think not. My main problem with all the durbin Ive ever run into is that none of it hit me in the head very hard. For those of us hard core well seasoned smokers, we call this "Daytime weed"...lol. So I always generally stayed away from durbins. I didnt see any wide leaf durbines on short statures, but I also didnt see any durbins that grew like what we know of hazes today. The durbins were more in the middle somewhere, shorter stature than typical landrace, still maintained long spaces between internodes, but also had more firm flowers on them than a typical straight haze. Its been years since I ran that gear and I cant remember all the exact details. I just knew the high wasnt for me and I forgot about durbin.

But a friend kept beating the dead horse about how good this durbin was and so finally it was obtained and I must say, it is much different than what I saw as durbin 10 years ago. The aroma is still very much durbin, but the cola is meatier, caked in resin and yield very good. Im pretty sure its a hybrid, but I have not gotten to an F2 stage with it yet, so Its tough to really say what is in the makeup till I start digging around in the f2 gen and looking at all the variation and recessives. What I can say for sure about the Durbin cut we now have is that its much more like the durbins I grew from seed years back, but on steroids. Its very good smoke and hits the head very nicely. It is definately something I want to play with more and Ill drop a little hint. We here at the farms have a durbin project in the works right now. The room to be pollinated is at about 3 weeks of flower and so the great orgy sex fest will begin soon. Dont ask me any questions about the project yet, I want to keep it a surprise and stoke you all out. Its definately something that will get alot of people excited and so I want to surprise you guys. Soi dont bust my chops yet over it, let me pretend to be Santa Claus and your trust and patience will be rewarded.

Power OG

Power OG

Wow im glad you have a true durban @loompa. I know im very excited about this. Iwill be ppatiently waiting to hear about this new project. Will there be a yeti bx3 project for all us UD fans? I know you said you were working a cookie project ? Much respect Bro.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Bromigo @loompa you gotta put me on that list.... hope chirstmas comes early this year;)...
your Doing big things amigo cant wait til u unveil....:cigar: peace n grow...

Oh it's coming early this year. And the Durbin isnt the only project that is well underway. There will be something for everyone, I can garantee that. Of course the Yeti and foo and all the rest are already in the plans for this year and all stock has been planted and males have been selected. But I also have @ other projects going right now as I type this, so Id think sometime around septemberish the seeds will be ready to ship out. Heres a hint......Im reversing both the Durbin Poison and the TK. The durbin is turning out to be stubborn about developing male sacks, hopefully what she has on her will be enough for the big room we have planned for her. The TK is busting balls everywhere, theres not going to be any problems with that project.

You've also seen Im planning to work the Cough, Viet Black and columbian gold, and coming down the pipe with this years outdoor will be those BB/OG crosses that you can read and see in Jollymons thread "Wonka Vision:. So there is going to be some of the same work being progressed and then we will have a whole new set of offerings this year. The sativa projects I'm waiting till I can compile all the possible breeding stock I can and Im still waiting on some. Oh and of course, who can forget the Hawaiin Sativa and also some kind soul sent me some old Kali Mist beans, I pray they are from the batch before they lost their parent stock and started a new parent stock line of Kali which was never as good. Lots going on, stay tuned for the ride :)

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Oh and of course, who can forget the Hawaiin Sativa and also some kind soul sent me some old Kali Mist beans, I pray they are from the batch before they lost their parent stock and started a new parent stock line of Kali which was never as good. Lots going on, stay tuned for the ride :)

I could be wrong, but I think we might know the same kind old soul ;) I received a pack of Kali Mist beans, as well. Good luck with your projects. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

EVOKE

EVOKE

Ohhh Snapps!!! damn Loompa Bx Durbin and TK... @loompa is coming out Blasting like Yosemite Sam....
Gatling gun
Totally Totally Awesome Amigo.....

SpiderK

SpiderK

The Durbin I have now was acquired through a friend who kept raving about it to me. Now in the past, I have run many Durbin beans, and I only saw sativa plants with thin fan leaves and medium to long distance between internodes. Most of the aroma profiles I came across were all some variation of anise and incensey type "haze" smells. I dont know if what I was running was a hybrid of some sort, but Im inclined to think not. My main problem with all the durbin Ive ever run into is that none of it hit me in the head very hard. For those of us hard core well seasoned smokers, we call this "Daytime weed"...lol. So I always generally stayed away from durbins. I didnt see any wide leaf durbines on short statures, but I also didnt see any durbins that grew like what we know of hazes today. The durbins were more in the middle somewhere, shorter stature than typical landrace, still maintained long spaces between internodes, but also had more firm flowers on them than a typical straight haze. Its been years since I ran that gear and I cant remember all the exact details. I just knew the high wasnt for me and I forgot about durbin.

But a friend kept beating the dead horse about how good this durbin was and so finally it was obtained and I must say, it is much different than what I saw as durbin 10 years ago. The aroma is still very much durbin, but the cola is meatier, caked in resin and yield very good. Im pretty sure its a hybrid, but I have not gotten to an F2 stage with it yet, so Its tough to really say what is in the makeup till I start digging around in the f2 gen and looking at all the variation and recessives. What I can say for sure about the Durbin cut we now have is that its much more like the durbins I grew from seed years back, but on steroids. Its very good smoke and hits the head very nicely. It is definately something I want to play with more and Ill drop a little hint. We here at the farms have a durbin project in the works right now. The room to be pollinated is at about 3 weeks of flower and so the great orgy sex fest will begin soon. Dont ask me any questions about the project yet, I want to keep it a surprise and stoke you all out. Its definately something that will get alot of people excited and so I want to surprise you guys. Soi dont bust my chops yet over it, let me pretend to be Santa Claus and your trust and patience will be rewarded.

Thanks brotha', will be a fun ride in this thread ......

I'm hoping for some to pop & if they do im :nailbiting: for all sativas. The SSSC ect. created some hybrids back then ...

My buddy who ran these outdoor said they were massive plants & the strongest racy bud he's ever smoked, some peeps throwing up after bong hits .... & if they pop ill send in a bunch of seeds for freebies ...... ! Ill have more back round & what Fgen they are ...

Peace

Top Bottom