just a sneak peak of the medi build

• Thread starter mellokitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Smith

i refuse to believe that i as a human being with my limited wisdom and using microbes and chemical compounds borrowed from other mediums with the help of stabilizers/ homogenizers/ preservatives etc. can produce an end product that will stop pain or nausea especially well

Don't sell yourself so short; I've got faith that you could do that very well :)

That being said, totally understand and respect your wishes to stay in dirt and I'm sending nothing but positive vibes your way - crush it, sister :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thanks guys, this build's been his BABY and he went and got all Hank Hill on it. pretty sure if he had more time there'd be some pegboard storage with places traced out for his ph and tds meters etc. somewhere. (<-if he ever does this, i'm pointing and laughing and then posting pics)
That's actually a very good idea.
we're dirt farmers, gonna do trees/bushes in big pots. mostly grotek nutes for now, although we've been experimenting with various poops (mostly quadruped and invertebrate shits).
that badboy you see is getting hung up too, thankfully vertical space not being an issue.
... so... fucking... excited... !
Let's hear it for roast quadriped! No, wait.... actually, I'm on about bat shit. What invert turds are you gonna work with? Those damned Annelids, I bet, fucking segmented worms. WORMS! Keep an eye out for the diabolical diatom.

This is me, subbing to your thread. :makeup

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Sweet build so far there kitty and Hank Hill! I'm jealous. I love the build, and I think I would shit myself if I had a hip lady such as yourself wanting me to build us a room. That's the stuff dreams are made of. I would even give up the hydro for that:D

Congrats to you and your buildin man.

-TF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't be growing my own if it weren't for my (no longer toking) husband. He's built out everything for me, and pretty much never takes a toke! There was the Mother of Thor Incident last year, and I'm planning on recreating it again..... :giggle

M

mellokitty

gotta love our gentlemen, eh? (esp. when they do lovable things like build our rooms... ;)) (in our case we'd never have *met* if not for cannabis and/or prohibition)
yup, just good ol' earthworms so far for inverts, although in my mind compost=microbe/invert shits too so just as soon as the pile defrosts... it's break-your-ears-off cold here right now as it is on sunny winter days, my tulip shoots look like they feel gypped.
ditto mushroom manure which is only partially actual horsepoo (until DH introduced it to the room, i thought it was manure produced from feeding cows a high-mushroom diet... what nutritionally starved cows they'd be)

TF that is just about the cutest thing i've had said to me here...

M

mellokitty

*chuckle* @bobby: thank youuuuu, i don't think i'm selling myself short specifically... (maybe humankind in general.... oops...) ;)

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I fully agreee with Lost on trying out Coco with CNS-17 Nutes. I fully run that setup and love the ease of use.
I switched my old soil setup a few years ago to Coco and have not looked back. Cheaper than soil. Easier to do dispose than soil also. Plus I harvest about twice as much than I did with soil using Coco.

M

mellokitty

*sigh*
no offense, i don't really know how much more politely i can say, "thanks but no thanks" than post #20...

i'm glad coco's working out for you. i think we have a slightly different approach.

we're growing in dirt.

i'll thank everybody else in advance not to try to change that. really, you'd have an easier time converting tibetan monks to islam. spend your energy on better things.
not to put you on the spot or anything, but i spend some good time and thought explaining our reasons for our *deliberate *choice of medium for *this room in as diplomatic a way possible, i give you a glimpse of my *belief *system as a student of *life, and all you have to say is, "actually you should try it my way anyway"? really?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I'm kidding kitty I love the mentality not my style but I definitely understand.

hiboy

hiboy

Great set up kitty and mr kitty. To each is there own, and being happy with what ya got. It will be an awesome grow to watch so please post pics when your ready. Normally we see alot of hydro, uc, etc so this will be a fun change
hiboy

M

mellokitty

the truth? i kind of miss rockwool... it's so light... and it mostly stays put... and that *sound* it makes... :animal0048:

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Me too its been coco ,promix, and soil lately. Very nice setup there is obviously a lot of dedication and attention to detail there. My dad does the peg board thing. It was already there before he converted his basement.

M

mellokitty

lol, it's always someone's dad with the pegboards. (could it be one of those "you know you're old when" things? ;))

the medibuild has been a long, hard trek for him, i'm very proud of him. "up to code takes so much time!" poor guy.

U

UCtestn

*roflmao* - and you're probably not kidding. i've only ever seen this once with grow gear, and it was my friend's dad's place whose workshop also has the fabled pegboard storage.

about the vertical fluoros: *great* advice, would totally recommend it myself, i just can't deal with vertical/lateral fluoros, something about that particular light coming from under me gives me a headache (which is extra-weird because i can spend days of 12+ hrs under vertical HPS/MHs with reflective white paint on the floor, with no light sickness issues). i can't even put a fixture on its side for babies/seedlings for a few days, have to macgyver stuff so i can hang it up. i do have mild eyesight issues and i've always wondered if that's why.

thank you, DH reading this over my shoulder has an "aw shucks" look about him... :)

First off, I like your room (and kitty). Can't wait to see finished pics.

Not so wierd... I have the same issue and I learned why... here it goes... I have large pupils. (You know what they say about guys with large pupils) - LoL

What happens is, flouro's have a refresh rate of 60 times per second. In other words, they turn on and off 60 times a second. To most people that looks like constant light, but to people with large pupils, there is a flicker and some can actually see it turning on and off. This can give head aches and other side effects.

Remember the old CRT monitors? They display the image using three "guns" that draw the image starting at the top of the screen. The default setting for a windows computer what to refresh this with picture 60 times a second. I for example, can see the screen being refreshed.

Now... if you have your monitor refreshing at 60 times a second and some flouros refreshing at 60 times a second (like the lighting in an office building) and they are not perfectly in sync, it can get really strange. You know how the news shows a computer monitor sometimes and you can see a line that travels down the monitor? Well, the camera is capturing the image 28-40 times a second. It's not in sync with the monitor or the fluorescent lighting, so the images you see are much like what I see when I am in a room with lighting that has a slow refresh rate.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a bit passionate about staying away from fluorescent lighting (and low refresh rates on CRT monitors) because it can give me a head ache very quickly. It sucks even worse when hanging fluorescents vertically as it's really in your face.

M

mellokitty

omg it all makes sense now, i have astigmatism (also pupils! go figure)!

i was sort of wary of introducing the badboys but i seem to be okay as long as long as they're hung where i'm not always having to see the bulb.

kinda relieved i'm not the only one (sorry...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom