just a swollen calyx or seed ?

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i do know the difference in a male or female plant the pic is from google this is what i know to look for and i have seen oon other grows
Just a swollen calyx or seed

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i have seen 1 or 2 balls on my plant like pictured in the google photo above i pulled them off before they could open i have not seen any that was opened these pics are what im seeing on my plants not alot of them but there are some some has hairs sticking out of them and some do not
IMG 20221129 185723250
IMG 20221129 185811449
IMG 20221129 190122668
IMG 20221129 190128316
IMG 20221129 190203478
IMG 20221129 190327276
IMG 20221129 190344726

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

the fact that some has the hairs sticking out of it is throwing me off lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

What makes me think it's pollinated is that only those swollen calyces have orange hairs.
im not saying there not pollinated but i am wondering if i should pull them off or just leave them for the seeds could the pod that swollen already infect others ?

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i did see some balls about a week ago on 1 plant only 2 or 3 they were not opened and i pulled them off and i have been looking every day since and have seen no balls like in the google pics i did see some balls like things with hairs sticking out of them was told it was just a swollen calyx and it was female

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@biggerbud420 a male flower will never have stigmas. They can be mixed in with female flowers ... sometimes even growing right out of the center of a bud ... A male flower looks a lot like a "spade" from a deck of playing cards. They are segmented (immature bananas) where female flowers are never segmented.

Here's a male flower pic from a boy I culled over the holiday weekend.

Its a boy

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

@biggerbud420 a male flower will never have stigmas. They can be mixed in with female flowers ... sometimes even growing right out of the center of a bud ... A male flower looks a lot like a "spade" from a deck of playing cards. They are segmented (immature bananas) where female flowers are never segmented.

View attachment 1307173
yea man i know what they look like i have grown some regular photos before had to check them i promise i know the difference i have seen the balls , i have seen them opened , and i have seen nanners in previous grows so i know what they look like . like i said the hair growing out of them is what got me

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

View attachment 1307173
if that stigma is already pollinated could it affect others im not sure if i should keep pulling them all off or leave them alone

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

yea man i know what they look like i have grown some regular photos before had to check them i promise i know the difference i have seen the balls , i have seen them opened , and i have seen nanners in previous grows so i know what they look like . like i said the hair growing out of them is what got me
A male flower will never have stigmas (hairs). Look very carefully within your buds. Use a magnifying glass if you need to. Late flower hermies frequently show up in a dense nugget where you would not expect to find it.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

A male flower will never have stigmas (hairs). Look very carefully within your buds. Use a magnifying glass if you need to. Late flower hermies frequently show up in a dense nugget where you would not expect to find it.
well like i said i did about a week ago find 2 or 3 balls on one plant they were not opened and i pulled them off , that is what got me to looking

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

if that stigma is already pollinated could it affect others im not sure if i should keep pulling them all off or leave them alone
That stigma has done it's job ... there's no longer viable pollen on that particular stigma ... it shriveled and died as the ovum was fertilized. The fact that there was pollen has nothing to do with the female flower that held the seed ... there's a male flower or maybe more than one male flower within your sea of green somewhere.

GreenieGrowInSecret

GreenieGrowInSecret

Sup farmers,
I'm new here 🤪and maybe I can chime in, I had a plant do that, after clipping a bunch of leaves, I was told I stressed her out and she became and a "Hermie" Hermaphrodite, in veg stage all the way through flower, I just let it go, because it was a single plant nothing in harm's way and I thought I would get seeds, I didn't know I never saw that before, but no seeds, anyway I believe they can pollinate like a male..... can that be a possibility in this case

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Sup farmers,
I'm new here 🤪and maybe I can chime in, I had a plant do that, after clipping a bunch of leaves, I was told I stressed her out and she became and a "Hermie" Hermaphrodite, in veg stage all the way through flower, I just let it go, because it was a single plant nothing in harm's way and I thought I would get seeds, I didn't know I never saw that before, but no seeds, anyway I believe they can pollinate like a male..... can that be a possibility in this case

I think some people are confused about what a hermie is. It's a female plant that has grown male flowers in amongst the female buds or along the internodes. The way I'm reading some of these posts seems to suggest that some people here believe that a female flower can also be male. That's not possible. Keep in mind that the bud we call a flower is actually comprised of many thousands of individual female flowers ... and sometimes a single male or small clusters of male flowers grow in the bud too. It happens. Using about 4x magnification through an easy to use magnifying glass makes these male flowers much easier to find.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just scanned the post and n organics knows what’s up - but in the first post you mention you pulled off balls? If that’s the case you should have pulled the plant if it’s a herm that early we’ll just gonna be trouble imo

Top Bottom