Just An Educated Stoner New To Growing.

• Thread starter KSlay706
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KSlay706

KSlay706

What's up folks. Just started growing In hydro recently and was just trying to socialize with some like minded people. Check it out and let me know if ya have any questions or feedback.

Im pretty sure my scrog is too thick and blocks a lot of light. Only thing is I have had a recent setback financially and am flat ass broke. Like counting change for gas broke. I've already had a decent bit of growth through the scrog and have also been using some lst 'ing in the form of twist ties and done some slight topping to make some more bud sights and keep my canopy even. Now I'm wondering if it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to remove it or to let it grow through. If I choose the latter then when I have an even canopy I was just going to trim out some of what is below my screen.

Here are a few pics.

Just an educated stoner new to growing
Just an educated stoner new to growing 2
KSlay706

KSlay706

Welcome to the farm!!!

Thanks G. I'm just so torn between redoing this scrog or just letting it ride and trimming out the lower leaves not in the main and eventually flowering canopy. Hoping I get some Sensi even it's not a lot.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome. Those squares look small i would try to fill like 75% of the screen and remove anything under it

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks G. I'm just so torn between redoing this scrog or just letting it ride and trimming out the lower leaves not in the main and eventually flowering canopy. Hoping I get some Sensi even it's not a lot.

Im sure someone will b along shortly w more experience than i in scroggery who will be glad to share their knowledge and experience.

KSlay706

KSlay706

Welcome. Those squares look small i would try to fill like 75% of the screen and remove anything under it

Yeah I ordered it online and it the sections in between the squares was supposed to be much smaller. That was the plan. I also thought about just cutting some of the small pieces in between to make the squares bigger.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I ordered it online and it the sections in between the squares was supposed to be much smaller. That was the plan. I also thought about just cutting some of the small pieces in between to make the squares bigger.
Yea i would honestly make a double scrog fill it up most of the way trim all below the screen and let veg a week or two straight up no more bending them flip to flower and i would find a larger hole screen or take some nylon string and make my own using either pvc as the sides where you attacj the string just to help support all tje tops i suck at explaning but look up double scrogs or adding nets something like that man

KSlay706

KSlay706

Yea i would honestly make a double scrog fill it up most of the way trim all below the screen and let veg a week or two straight up no more bending them flip to flower and i would find a larger hole screen or take some nylon string and make my own using either pvc as the sides where you attacj the string just to help support all tje tops i suck at explaning but look up double scrogs or adding nets something like that man

I think i get it. So stop tying the fast growth down now? Should I undo any lst training already done by undoing the growth from the screen?

Leew421

Leew421

When doing a scrog you need to look at the end game. When it comes time to remove that it will be a big pain. I would suggest a larger nylon screen that you can easily cut and remove

KSlay706

KSlay706

Yeah I'm think I'm just going to roll with it as is. Just a valuable lesson learned to be applied to the next grow.

King Julien

King Julien

Yeah I'm think I'm just going to roll with it as is. Just a valuable lesson learned to be applied to the next grow.

If you must.

It'll work by all means but nylon string is only like 5-8 bucks for enough to cover your current setup and you've got a frame for it already AND I think you're early enough you could remedy it. But I also understand money being so tight you can't rub two pennies together for warmth.

I'm sure you'll do fine either way. Healthy looking girls there. If you plan on keeping it up to date I'll definitely be keeping an eye on things.

KSlay706

KSlay706

I gave the undergrowth a slight defoliation. Here are some before and after pics.
20171104 024815

20171104 064552

brazel

brazel

What's up folks. Just started growing In hydro recently and was just trying to socialize with some like minded people. Check it out and let me know if ya have any questions or feedback.

Im pretty sure my scrog is too thick and blocks a lot of light. Only thing is I have had a recent setback financially and am flat ass broke. Like counting change for gas broke. I've already had a decent bit of growth through the scrog and have also been using some lst 'ing in the form of twist ties and done some slight topping to make some more bud sights and keep my canopy even. Now I'm wondering if it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to remove it or to let it grow through. If I choose the latter then when I have an even canopy I was just going to trim out some of what is below my screen.

Here are a few pics.

Your hole size is fine, your colas should be above it.
The thickness of that plastic stuff is ridiculous.
Like they said... cutting this is gone be horrible.

You have a net but you're not growing scrog, you're growing through holes!

Picture looks like your plants are growing straight up threw the holes.

I'm not sure why you're topping if you're running a scrog.

When running scrog, you pull your branches to the side to break the apical dominance.

brazel

brazel

Either top or scrog! Don't combine them no matter what you read. It's two different styles. Decide what one you want and roll with it

brazel

brazel

Topping and scrog makes no sense the whole idea of scrog is to get you more colas. When topping your are adding time to your growth. You're basically shutting the plant down for a moment. If you would just kept pulling your branch the side it would keep growing.

brazel

brazel

If you're broke you could just grab a piece of string tie loosely around your main branch pull it to the side tie around the frame of your tent or to anything else. You don't need to have a screen with squares in it all you need to do is break apical dominance and that's by pulling the main branch to the side low as the other ones.

This will allow more auxin to your other branches, more auxin will allow more sugars going into all the other tips of branches. The balance between auxin and cytokinin will shift when that happens all of your other branches will be wanting to be apical dominance

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Wouldn't call this a scrog, but used it as support and this was when my sour Kosher was done stretching I beleive. I framed up higher with pvc piping so if I needed to tie to the poles I could. Worked very well. I did cut my squares more for light penetration. What I do notice is that you got a lot of bush under the scrog and you're just basically waisting energy right there. If you're waiting for it to catch up you're gonna need to train it so the canopy is even, other than that nice looking healthy grow man

IMG 1806
KSlay706

KSlay706

I took the bootleg scrog off. Just gonna let them skanks run free lol. Her is a pic after I took everything down.
20171105 163020

KSlay706

KSlay706

So I got a new job so no time to post updates anymore. Swapped everything to a dwc bucket system and added another light. Here are some pics almost 2 weeks into flower.
20171201 181417
20171201 181230

20171201 181240
Top Bottom