Just another bug identification !!

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

Found this little.. well it was pretty big compared to the other bugs I’ve had to deal with this grow.. but it’s definitely a flyer even though you can’t really see the wings.. landed right in front of me before I captured it in a glass but it’s been flying all day so I was playing cat and mouse with this little fucker.. any help is appreciated thanks!!!

ps the pictures are bad I know best I could do it’s in a glass jar so the reflection kept glaring

Just another bug identification
Just another bug identification 2
Just another bug identification 3
Just another bug identification 4
Just another bug identification 5
Just another bug identification 6
Just another bug identification 7
Just another bug identification 8
Just another bug identification 9
Just another bug identification 10
Miked1988

Miked1988

Some kind of click beetle, melanotus?
That was my first guess some sort of beetle.. but I never saw one with wings ( I know some cock roaches have wings) but I know it’s not a roach.. thank god lol.. would beetles be considered a pest or a beneficial bug when it comes to cannabis?

Madbud

Madbud

That was my first guess some sort of beetle.. but I never saw one with wings ( I know some cock roaches have wings) but I know it’s not a roach.. thank god lol.. would beetles be considered a pest or a beneficial bug when it comes to cannabis?
The beetles are safe but in their grub state they feed on roots and decaying matter. Probably not a problem.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Looks like a billbug. Specifically, the Phoenix billbug. They are a pest of certain turf grass species in the southwest. A clearer picture would help. Likely not a pest of cannabis.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I was debating between a weevil and a billbug. Weevils tend to be more long and narrow and billbug are more oval and a bit wider. Some weevils can have long snouts and billbugs all have long snouts. I’d need to see a clear picture of it’s body markings and/segments/overall shape/morphology to make sure.

scyncegrown

scyncegrown

I was debating between a weevil and a billbug. Weevils tend to be more long and narrow and billbug are more oval and a bit wider. Some weevils can have long snouts and billbugs all have long snouts. I’d need to see a clear picture of it’s body markings and/segments/overall shape/morphology to make sure.
Yeah I was leaning Weevil just due to that first shot and Antenne location but Billbug would be my second thought for sure.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I think you’re right. The antennae on weevils are further down on their “snout” and the vertex (the part of the antennae that is bent) of the antennae of a weevil is more pointed up and a billbug’s is more pointed down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom