Just Another Newb

• Thread starter CriticalWorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

Hi everyone. Well where to start? First group I've ever joined. I've been growing for over 15 years. Started of with indoors, growing hydro on 4x8 NFT tables with 1000 watt hps over each 4x4. Been outdoors for the last 8 years. I've come along ways in those 8 years. Learning so much. But I'm tired. Tired off hiking, tired off digging. It's so much work to do it the way I have too, too succeed. Long story short. I'm going back indoors. I've joined this group because I feel like I have too be behind the times indoors by now? Still have all my old gear but really wondering about light. Would it make since to change all my 1000 hps out for some LEDs? Not looking to spend a bunch off $ unless it makes since too. Almost ordered a G8 900 series light to try out awhile back, but with further reading talked myself out off it. Since then I've been eyeing up LEDs from timber. The led world is very complicated to say the least. So that is mainly why I'm here. I need help desiding what to do b4 its time to setup. Was gonna turn on 3 1000 hps. Thx and nice to meet you all.

iKharon

iKharon

Sounds cool man! I'm actually getting my wife a small, 1 plant tent, setup with a 300w LED (Mars)... will be testing that pretty soon. I've come to believe there are a couple good LEDs out there, however, most still swear by HPS. I wouldn't invest in an led unless it's just for fun/testing. If you want to guarantee your yield, I'd run a double-ended light in your tent indoors. I grow in a greenhouse (poly-tunnel) 12x20 as of current, but upping to a 24x24 light dep greenie next season. Big harvests in season is more up my alley. But anyways, I'm curious how you do, how my wife will do and am honestly excited about the results. (Hopefully good) lol. Just make sure you have a nice organic medium.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Timber is a good choice heard nothing but good things bro. I chose the COB leds over traditional lighting cause of the electrical cost. Every dime saved and all that jazz lol. I'm a total newb but jumped straight there to cobs. There are some real experts here that can help @REALSTYLES , @sixstring , and @AvidLerner. That's just a few bro search for their posts. Look forward to seeing some pics.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

12-31-2014 I made my first lights

SAM 0133

CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

If I were too replace 2- 1000hps over a 4x8 with these timber LEDs. How many off these will I need too cover 4x8 and at what wattage?

CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

And will I need too cool them in a sealed room with co2? Thx for any help/guidance

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Email or call Rain Dan @timber Grow Lights. Good guy to talk to. My area is 3' X 7', he advised 4 X 200 watt kits, which I agree with. Only have one now and am saving money for 3 more. Hard to do, being retired and on a fixed income.

sixstring

sixstring

If I were too replace 2- 1000hps over a 4x8 with these timber LEDs. How many off these will I need too cover 4x8 and at what wattage?
i would use 2 of these if your lookin to just buy something and plug it in. if you used 3 of them it will fucking crush a 4 x 8 area. or 2 of those panels with 1 of these in the center
but you would be amazed at what just 2 of the cxp420 do over a 4 x 8.the timber kits are nice also.email them and ask dan if he can build you a framework that is 3 x 7 to cover your space,i bet he will do it.building your own will be cheaper and the options are endless so i wont get into what to use or how to drive them.

oregonized

oregonized

I will build a damn light for somebody just to save them the sodomy of paying full price for Mars or Kind, which are about the same. Guys stop paying for ten year old tech. Yes it behooves you and your wallet to at least figure out the basics, which is covered in the TOP sticky.

This is 2017. Mars and Kind were 1st introduced over ten years ago and haven,t changed much if at all........

If it doesn;t have RECOGNIZED bins from bridgelux, nichia, cree, phillips, osram, citizen, luminous, samsung...ok a few more too...the key again Recognized aka cross referenced against one other source at least, then it probably isn
t worth it to jump into the LED world. sorry if I come off sounding like a jack wagon......

CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

I'd like to thank everyone that toke the time to explain all this to me. Seems a lot more clear now. When the time comes/$. I believe I will build my own light. Lots more reading b4 my parts purchase Thoe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom