Just Baught A Clone And Want To Transfer It To Deep Water Calture Help

• Thread starter Mattfitz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mattfitz

I just baught this clone and want to put it in dwc and i have a little les then half strangth nutes in my water with a ph of 5.8 and im runing 19 wat led lights but the plant has bin under t5 lighting and i have hydro clay balls as my grow meadia im tring to transfur it too and any sugestion on water hight would be helpfull thank you. And the roots are curently in a rokwel cube surounded by cocunut fiber.

Just baught a clone and want to transfer it to deep water calture help
Just baught a clone and want to transfer it to deep water calture help 2
M

Mattfitz

Sould i remove them from the cocunut fiber and just put the rokwell cubes and the root mas into the hydo clay

M

Mattfitz

I didnt change the grow media and just cut the bottom of the red cup off and let the roots be exposed to the poping bubbles of my dwc in a couple of days i might try to flush a way most of the coconut fibers and run the hydro clay pelets

M

Mattfitz

Couple of hours of low stress traning plant seems to be responding realy well.....and my roots are much witer now

1488606605146 647121942
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

All that compliance to LST is essentially dehydration. The plant next to the cup looks wonky - ph is bad or something. Curled up, looks like perhaps too hot and/or salt burn. I'd not put the cup where that plant lives.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

All that compliance to LST is essentially dehydration. The plant next to the cup looks wonky - ph is bad or something. Curled up, looks like perhaps too hot and/or salt burn. I'd not put the cup where that plant lives.
What do you mean by that brother.. I think i agree but i need to make sure i understand you first,,,, if you dont mind?

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Optimal growth creates a turgid structure that tears and breaks when bent to 90% at that growth stage. Indeed, the plant is stressed. Perhaps roots are not where they should be at that top side development level. I'd just expect more resistance, requiring stages of LST.
So take a look at the next plant. That ain't a happy place it seems to be in.

Just tryin' to help based on observation.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Optimal growth creates a turgid structure that tears and breaks when bent to 90% at that growth stage. Indeed, the plant is stressed. Perhaps roots are not where they should be at that top side development level. I'd just expect more resistance, requiring stages of LST.
So take a look at the next plant. That ain't a happy place it seems to be in.

Just tryin' to help based on observation.
i understand i think.. I always feel like a lot of guys lst to early for my taste. I like to get a good root structure before i stress the plant. I feel recovery is much quicker that way. Personally i wouldnt lst this, i would of topped, and rooted that top to preserve the cut.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

"I would completely clean that bucket with bleach water befor I out a new clone in there and get rid of the half dead one."

@DrMcSkunkins - Thanks. For some reason, I hesitated. Somehow I patch the wounded, I think too often.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

the ph is off in that bucket too because that other plant got locked out bad... I beleive that his water temps maybe bad too.. I would also recommend him getting hydrogaurd asap...

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I think the harder you stress the strong ones the harder and faster they grow, weak ones get stunted, strong ones explode when you hurt em.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think the harder you stress the strong ones the harder and faster they grow, weak ones get stunted, strong ones explode when you hurt em.
but only if the roots can support that stress, and under the right conditions..cold water temps would cause what we see on the almost dead clone

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

@DrMcSkunkins A hint to force a genetic response from a well known strain? You seem to have the chops to posit more than you admit. What can you share from observation? I'd think that unless you know an acceptable success/loss rate it would be questionable this would be viable on smaller scale farming? LST runs the edge of the blade in a few respects. When you have 100, losing 20 doesn't seem so bad.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I do hst, I pinch and fold branches and they always take off after a few days of healing. The damage triggers the plant to make growth hormones to help it heal.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I do hst, I pinch and fold branches and they always take off after a few days of healing.
I've only seen this with certain vigorous strains. Others seem to take insult and balk at the treatment. I'd note indicas seem to like the disruption and opportunity. Sativas and sativa dominant seem to pout and pause.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

See I don't really say nothing because I don't have nothing but hunches... but I don't lst like what we see above. I like to top a few times and let them grow. I will say that super cropping in a small space really fills your area but I'm still up in the air weather it really makes a huge difference. I would rather have a 1/4 pound in a few colas than in 50 tops...

Latest posts

Top Bottom