just been to buy new laptop n tv

• Thread starter ukcheesehead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukcheesehead

just went to currys and comet to buy a new laptop and 37" tv and 2 freesat boxs. total was around £1300 i ask if they would throw in a HDMI cable, wall mount for tv and a antivirus worth £130 and they said NO ffs i thought with whats going on with shops and the £ i would get a good deal . ended up i didnt buy a thing . will look on line for a better deal .
any 1 knows any cheap on line shops plz add the link here

ta

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
fuck up mate you will get a much better deal online anyway mate

ill send u some links :)

F

FastForward

fuck up mate you will get a much better deal online anyway mate

Totally...or if it's more convenient call around a few places and get them to do a price match....my mrs did that for our TV and we saved over 100 quid.

Deffo look online (www.pricerunner.co.uk is a good start, also Amazon for prices) - the retail guys should either value add, or drop prices to win the sale...if not, you've done the right thing by going elsewhere.

Customer is more king than ever atm....you have the power :)

U

ukcheesehead

Totally...or if it's more convenient call around a few places and get them to do a price match....my mrs did that for our TV and we saved over 100 quid.

Deffo look online (www.pricerunner.co.uk is a good start, also Amazon for prices) - the retail guys should either value add, or drop prices to win the sale...if not, you've done the right thing by going elsewhere.

Customer is more king than ever atm....you have the power :)

to right , the tv i want is a toshiba 37AV555DB comet want £479 for it just found it for £416 and free p&p

U

ukcheesehead

Just be carefull where your getting it from, the thing I always consider is if it ever breaks, if I can get something online say for £350 but comet or curry's have it for £370-£380 I will pay the extra, its way to much hassel sending a t.v away yourself or having to wait for them to pick it up, if I ever have a problem in the first year I will take it straight back to the shop, you cant do that when buying from somewhere online, its takes ages, thats why I sometimes pay the extra.

yep local shopping is the best way . we have a tv shop down the road but i asked how much that tv will be and it was £100 more than comet lol

H

hazyfontazy

unless u desperate for a tv i'd hang on a while ,,over the next 3 months the major companies will all be selling off 08 stock as cheap as possible to make way for the 09 range ...
but if u cant wait ,,
a good place to get a tv is richer sounds ,,they have some cracking deals , ,and the best warranty in the uk ,,3 years as cheap as £29.99 and if u dont claim they give it u back ,get the lg ,samsung or sony:rock

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
yeah true hazy, i also think that OLED tv's are being released by sony this year

F

FastForward

and Hazy re: your sig - doesn't your dev environment do any kind of timed backup??! essential if you want to be fucked up and working....so stop using notepad and save yourself the headache :)

H

hazyfontazy

yeah true hazy, i also think that OLED tv's are being released by sony this year

yes sonys oled are coming out very soon ,,its exactly what i'm waiting for ,,no point getting an lcd as they will be obsolete within the next 2 years

B

British_Hempire

Richer Sounds is a good suggestion, I've bought a lot of stuff there over the years and their customer service should it go wrong is excellent.

L

lloyd323

just went to currys and comet to buy a new laptop and 37" tv and 2 freesat boxs. total was around £1300 i ask if they would throw in a HDMI cable, wall mount for tv and a antivirus worth £130 and they said NO ffs i thought with whats going on with shops and the £ i would get a good deal . ended up i didnt buy a thing . will look on line for a better deal .
any 1 knows any cheap on line shops plz add the link here

ta
That's insane. These people obviously don't understand basic economic principals. I'm sure they would have made bank on your deal and instead they get nothing. Especially with the current state of the economy, the demand for products marked at such a steep price is lessening every day. I'm sure there are plenty of good deals out there. Good luck! :mad0223::handshake

H

hazyfontazy

That's insane. These people obviously don't understand basic economic principals. I'm sure they would have made bank on your deal and instead they get nothing. Especially with the current state of the economy, the demand for products marked at such a steep price is lessening every day. I'm sure there are plenty of good deals out there. Good luck! :mad0223::handshake

some companies go balls out for ya ,,,richer sounds for 1 ,,they sold a customer in birmingham an item but they had no transport ,,richer sounds phoned a taxi and paid for it ,,they also pay for car parking and give you an umbrella if its raining ,,well worth a visit

U

ukcheesehead

some companies go balls out for ya ,,,richer sounds for 1 ,,they sold a customer in birmingham an item but they had no transport ,,richer sounds phoned a taxi and paid for it ,,they also pay for car parking and give you an umbrella if its raining ,,well worth a visit

ive look on there site . yep getting the tv from there

£399 bargin its not full HD but ive looked at reveiws ant they say best tv for the price .

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
ive look on there site . yep getting the tv from there

£399 bargin its not full HD but ive looked at reveiws ant they say best tv for the price .

I had the 42 inc version last year cost me 1200quid, was a sweet tv mate ps3 looked sick on it

D

doc

im use richer sound too! i bought Cyrus CD8SE CD Player
Cyrus 8 Vs2 Amplifier Dynaudio X12 Loudspeakers
Atlas Voyager Interconnect is sell there 2400 im pay only 2100 and get it free Partington Dreadnaught Stands and ears phone.. is very good i maybe buy t.v there aswell, pioneer is not good picture man tell me, samsung is very good and is lg he say best picture! ? im like samsung 1 , him have nice red glow all round bottom, 52 inches is 3000

U

ukcheesehead

I had the 42 inc version last year cost me 1200quid, was a sweet tv mate ps3 looked sick on it

sound , when i get new laptop with HDMI it will be so much easyer to watch films , wont need a dvd player .

H

hazyfontazy

im use richer sound too! i bought Cyrus CD8SE CD Player
Cyrus 8 Vs2 Amplifier Dynaudio X12 Loudspeakers
Atlas Voyager Interconnect is sell there 2400 im pay only 2100 and get it free Partington Dreadnaught Stands and ears phone.. is very good i maybe buy t.v there aswell, pioneer is not good picture man tell me, samsung is very good and is lg he say best picture! ? im like samsung 1 , him have nice red glow all round bottom, 52 inches is 3000

nice hifi mate :rock
sony is top ,currently way ahead with 200 hz technologhy,
followed by samsung who are slightly cheaper ,
then hot on the heals is lg who actually make the screens for sony and use sony's bravia engine but under a different name ,,

so if u want as good as a sony get an lg ,samsung are worthy but if u paying that much u might as well pay the extra and get the sony

happy viewing ,,,

p.s i have a sony :rock

S

Stackin Paper

Rockin a Samsung 40" lcd myself with Samsung Q100 surround sound, bought this box that can take 6 hdmi cables and only 1 goes into the tv, bought all the hdmi cables too but ya know what, had it about a year now and its all still in the box, apart from the tv and Q100 of course. Got tv from AJ electronics for £613 inc delivery, cheaper than anywhere else at the time

Latest posts

Top Bottom