Just checking in with you guys

• Thread starter DavidMykel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Just checking in, i want to know if the leaves are all good the rest died off, its hydro clone, i was told the leaves should die off before it restarts its growth
Just checking in with you guys
Just checking in with you guys 2

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Just checking in, i want to know if the leaves are all good the rest died off, its hydro clone, i was told the leaves should die off before it restarts its growthView attachment 1198752View attachment 1198753
Whoever told you that is a shitty cloner. Done right they won't even yellow let alone die, mine usually look fresh and perky from cut to rooted plant.

Question; what is in that water? Why is it brown and sludgy looking?

There are better ways to clone imho. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to tell you about this one.. prognosis looks grim.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think I'd start over on that one.

A few leaves often die when cloning, but when all die, it's pretty much over. I find my cloning goes much quicker when I use some nutrients as well as rooting hormone. Clonex makes a cloning solution that works well for me — roots by the end of the week and the leaves are healthy as can be.

Cloning is a race between sprouting roots and fungal/bacterial rot. You want to give the advantage to the roots and throw stumbling blocks in the way of the rot. Do some cleaning with a bleach-based cleaner. Rot prefers a messy work area. Get rid of the dead leaves on the floor, they're probably harboring spores.

Roots need air, fungus and bacteria can get by with less (sometimes none).

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Whoever told you that is a shitty cloner. Done right they won't even yellow let alone die, mine usually look fresh and perky from cut to rooted plant.

There are better ways to clone imho. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to tell you about this one.. prognosis looks grim.
Its just nutrients in the water, which im gonna change right now i forgot

Observationist

Observationist

Agree, you can take a clone, feed it and keep it healthy and root it. Balance to every thing.

Clones need to be sterile….this is dthat jar looks nasty.

I have 10 day old clones right now with all healthy green leads accept once

Bacteria will the cuttings.

also clones need 65-90% humidity 70-78 deg

DavidMykel

DavidMykel

Agree, you can take a clone, feed it and keep it healthy and root it. Balance to every thing.

Clones need to be sterile….this is dthat jar looks nasty.

I have 10 day old clones right now with all healthy green leads accept once

Bacteria will the cuttings.

also clones need 65-90% humidity 70-78 deg
The water had nutrients and fulvic humic acid in it, it was about a week old, but i threw the clone out it was 2 weeks old and not a single root

Top Bottom