just curious

• Thread starter naturehd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

naturehd

i may be showing my age and whatnot but whatever happen to nameing hybrids by the cross' only. you male crossed with female whatever strains. or is it a situation that most hybrids are so close to each other that giving goofball names is how it rolls now. and what happen to peeps just rnjoying a good buzz. i understand that alot times peeps have to words things in a sudo medical way so they dont catch dea hell. im not knocking anything or anyone just curious to some history as to how it all started with the hipster names.

L

LongFlight

Its part marketing, part personalization and it applies pretty much in all types of consumer products.

Take molasses... You can get blackstrap from the grocery aisles or some sugar daddy instead. Sugar daddy will list somewhere than molasses is an ingredient. Just like most reputable breeders will list the lineage. But the name, the BRAND NAME is personalized/unique.

Not a big deal brother, i know what you mean, but this is not worth losing sleep over. Everything is this way. Just be glad your name is naturehd instead of 'Bob x Mary'

N

naturehd

thanks for the reply, makes sence. lol sure would be nice if them supplements had the same prices as the pancake isle in the grocery huh lol.

G

grenbone

Giving a hybrid or even a classic strain an alias or nick name is nothing new. I suspect a lot of the times in the past it was to divert attention away from a scene that held a certain cut. Other times, a grower or breeder might have felt the strain was deserving of it's own unique name. I am sure there are funny stories behind some strain names as well. I also think that naming hybrids can be an easier system for breeders to catalog their strains rather than trying to keep up with the extensive labeling of crosses. A lot of times, and probably in most cases, it is due to marketing.

I think that the only times that a strain is given a 'hipster' name is due to poor marketing practices, and a lack of originality. Imho, the seed companies that have the bomb genetics nowadays, don't play into these poor marketing practices such as the rip-off companies do. You can find these companies with the bomb genetics right here at the Farm. You just gotta be diligent, and camp out for the killer drops!

Latest posts

Top Bottom