Just finished 1st harvest...ready to start next but have questions

• Thread starter Buckcannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

can you explain what you mean by thicker foliage?
and my next cycle I will veg a lot longer, these ones I did not veg for long because I did this just to test the system itself
Alot more plant material. Specifically 30x more tops

vaporedout

vaporedout

im still a beginner and my first grow was horrible as well, i got root aphids and PM. when i was doing indoor grows i used one 1000w hps through veg and flower. i didnt have a lot of money to spend so i went with cheap but good organic nutes and used the internet for any problems. i found a lot of home remedies that saved money (skim milk for PM)so my advice if i had any would be to stay at a smaller scale until youve got this thing down. like the ol' saying "mo plants, mo problems" its a lot easier to fix a few plants then to have a whole mess of problems. good luck and those pics you posted look pretty good, id say your on your way!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Started from clones.

And to all you who keep telling me that the cube/flood-drain system is harder to run, look at the pics.
This is a side cycle I been running, it has 3 weeks left. Only 8 plants. All big healthy buds, have not had 1 yellow leaf all cycle long. Only reason plants are looking slightly skinny because I did not veg them for too long because I did this for fun just to see if it worked. Like I said, those 8 plants, which I did not veg long enough will probably give me the same yeild as 25 of my plants that were in soil.

That is why I dont get how this system is harder than soil. Like I said for soil to work out great you have to get a chair and sit down and watch them grow all day long. Thats the only way...
This system so far has given me no problems at all
I say pack that tray tight with cubes and go for it!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Just because you had issues with 90 plants in soil and no issues with 8 small plants in rockwool, doesn't mean the hydro system is easier. Growing 90 plants will be alot harder then 8 plants, regardless of what media they are in.

I also don't understand why you think you have to 'watch' your plants all day long to be successful in soil. That doesn't make any sense to me, in soil you just have to water once every few days, with hydro the pumps water the plants for you, but your gonna have to 'watch' both so you can find and diagnose any deficiencies or other issues.

FYI, it wasn't the soil that messed up your 1st grow, you must of not gave them the correct nutrients they needed. Also, whatever problems you had the 1st time, if you didn't fix them, they will come back to haunt you whether your plants are in rockwool or soil, it doesn't matter.

Good luck and hopefully you get the yield you are looking for.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

some good/generous advice so far..

humidity of 60-65% will slow the mites down a lot (they'll love 40% - which is way too dry for daytime anyway except near the end, which makes that period high risk for mite attacks, especially if you use common overly aggressive leaching ('flush') techniques/nonsense that compromises plant health/immune-response.

clean the hell out of everything, nothing left to feed on, ditch all plants except fresh cuts you can dunk in miteywash/soap/etc, use Cap's foliar pack microbes, do regular veg ipm with azadachtrin, tetrasan if thats not enough (no more reproduction capability). clean the hell out of everything again, sterilize any new media that enters your room, interrrupt their life cycle then seal it up and keep those fuckers out. don't wear street clothes/shoes in your garden, and wash workwear regularly (this will avoid all kinds of other troubles too).

once you're through mite-war, i bet the other subjects will progress much easier.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I am wondering why yield is such a big issue. I just want some kick butt smoke. I would rather have an ounce of killer weed than a pound of junk.

Dunge

Dunge

I am wondering why yield is such a big issue. I just want some kick butt smoke. I would rather have an ounce of killer weed than a pound of junk.
This is a good point MagicSeth.
I grow meds for my daughter and myself, so quality is the highest priority.
Much of what I grow looks and smells great with big nuggets, but the quality can not match that of my few favorites.
If I were growing for profit, these would be perfect keepers.
As it is, I keep searching for that sweet plant known as "my new favorite".

Same goes for autoflowers.
I have never found one I like.

The seed producer who creates a great autoflower will have a golden goose.
A plant that can not be cloned.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

When you grow indoors with good genetics and female plants, you will never have junk weed. IMO junk weed is brick shit with seeds, so even if you focus on quantity, your bud will still be alot better then any junk shit on the streets.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Okay I see. This is my 1st real grow and all I want is for my plants to survive. They are looking good. I have good genetics from the local growers. I know that genetics play a major role in potency, but so does light, air , water , soil , heat and on and on. Now I have smoked some good pot that has been grown from these people and I have also smoked some that was not up to snuff. I am thinking that it's mostly a fertilizer issue as most have 1000 watt lights. I would love to have a lot of great smoke but if I only get 6 ounces of super smoke I will be good for 3 months. 3 tokes is what I am looking for. I don't want to destroy my lungs on any of that junk weed. My grow is 4x4 tent , 600 watt mhs and hps . and a 240 watt lcd light , air filtered going in the tent and coming out. I am growing 6 plants in soil..I am using general organics to feed. I feed as directed but I use the amount on the box and just feed once a week. I only water 2 times a week or less depending on the dryness of the soil. Think I will have big buds????lol

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Okay I see. This is my 1st real grow and all I want is for my plants to survive. They are looking good. I have good genetics from the local growers. I know that genetics play a major role in potency, but so does light, air , water , soil , heat and on and on. Now I have smoked some good pot that has been grown from these people and I have also smoked some that was not up to snuff. I am thinking that it's mostly a fertilizer issue as most have 1000 watt lights. I would love to have a lot of great smoke but if I only get 6 ounces of super smoke I will be good for 3 months. 3 tokes is what I am looking for. I don't want to destroy my lungs on any of that junk weed. My grow is 4x4 tent , 600 watt mhs and hps . and a 240 watt lcd light , air filtered going in the tent and coming out. I am growing 6 plants in soil..I am using general organics to feed. I feed as directed but I use the amount on the box and just feed once a week. I only water 2 times a week or less depending on the dryness of the soil. Think I will have big buds????lol

Alot of factors that effect quality, also effect yield, so when you keep light, air, water, soil, heat, ect. withing the optimal parameters you will end up with very good quality and yield, but with good genetics.

I cannot speak on the size of your buds because I have no idea whats going on in your grow room, but you seem like you know the basics of growing, so stick to that and don't micro-manage your grow room, just keep it simple, give them what they need, and allow them to live and grow. With a 600w light and 6 plants, I don't see how you can get less then 6 oz., but one of the most important factors of getting a good smell and taste to your buds, which has alot to do with quality, is how you dry and cure.

Make sure you dry your bud slow, no less then 7 days until they are ready for jars, if they are dry before 7 days, then figure out a way to make the drying process longer for the future crops. After they are dry just cure them like normal, but since this will be personal smoke for yourself just keep them in jars until they are smoked, good luck bro.

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Thanks I am constantly reading the posts on this forum and I am trying to maintain a good growing environment for the plants. For me this is a challenge, an adventure one that I have wanted to try for a long time . Now that it is semi legal here in Michigan I am giving it a shot. I am looking for personal smoke that I will use for my medication that is a little stronger than or as strong as some of the stuff I have gotten at the club. I personally think the bud would be better if there wasn't such a rush to get it out there. The demand is very high here in Michigan.

Nutts

Nutts

You should come check out my thread. More the merrier I usually pull a qp and more per plant. I use different techniques to get different results and ill be doing a side by side same strain three different size buckets. Everyone messes up. Even after many grows people mess up but every time you also get better at it.

Top Bottom