Just found a spot on my fan leaf.

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

Things have been going good so far. I just went to go out on my deck and I noticed a spot on a fan leaf on just one of my 3 plants. I'm not sure what could be causing it. Anyone have any thoughts on it.
Just found a spot on my fan leaf

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That's a lower leaf, nitrogen symptoms begin low and work up the plant.
Also, its changin color from the inside of the leaf instead of the edges. Another sign of nitrogen.
BUT pH also gives thes same symptoms except it seems to affect the middle of the plant first.
I would check pH first.
How often and what do you feed?

BDH420

BDH420

I have fed it nothing lol. Since they got transplanted into the Happy Frog from Fox Farm with just a little of Coast of Maine lobster compost mixed in. I used about a gallon to the 14 gallons of happy frog. since I needed to fill 3 5 gallon buckets. It rained the day I transplanted and It hasn't needed water until today. Its raining right now so I still haven't personally watered them yet. I did set up a reservoir for water to sit in so the chlorine evaporates off.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have fed it nothing lol. Since they got transplanted into the Happy Frog from Fox Farm with just a little of Coast of Maine lobster compost mixed in. I used about a gallon to the 14 gallons of happy frog. since I needed to fill 3 5 gallon buckets. It rained the day I transplanted and It hasn't needed water until today. Its raining right now so I still haven't personally watered them yet. I did set up a reservoir for water to sit in so the chlorine evaporates off.
How many holes in your buckets? If they don't drain well, your plants will drown.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok. Make sure you only get the tip sensor wet when you test. They can be very sensitive and break.

BDH420

BDH420

I haven't fed them a thing. The soil medium has been enough to this point. I was going to start top dressing coast of Maine lobster compost once they start to flower. Someone recommended Chicken Soup for Cannabis. I was going to order some for when they star to flower. Should I be feeding them now?

BDH420

BDH420

I did order a kinda cheap one. Ill take another look and I will send this one back and get better one.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I did order a kinda cheap one. Ill take another look and I will send this one back and get better one.
Also try and get one that uses standard 7.0 calibration solution. Some of the cheaper one use some packet that is some weird ph like 6.42 or something like that.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I would give it a real light feeding until your meter gets there.
Also, carbon filter your water, it helps adjust pH.

BDH420

BDH420

Ahh that's what I did I made a small compost tea. Its been a couple days the spot hasn't gotten any bigger and no more spots have shown up. So I'm hoping it was just a minor deficiency. My meter gets here today. So I will test everything this evening.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
that is from water beading up there and the light/sun burning it

pretty lady!

BDH420

BDH420

that is from water beading up there and the light/sun burning it

pretty lady!
I didn't think of that. It could be. I haven't watered them yet by hand since they got transplanted 2 weeks ago. But we have had a good amount of rain. Thank you I have been going nuts thinking i have all these deficiencies. Well the good thing that came out of all this is I got some knowledge and also got some things I really needed like a PH meter.

Top Bottom