just found my dog is in a bad way

• Thread starter keroseen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

keroseen

took my beautiful shepherd to the vets this morning coz he's gone lame in one leg. turns out he has a disease of the bone marrow which has flared up during the last week.

he's been in chronic pain and can barely walk. the x-rays show the marrow in his leg bones is so inflamed the bones are actually bulging out.

sick man, the poor little man must be in absolute pieces.

he's gonna be on drugs and absolute rest for up to a YEAR, no walks, no playing, no nothing.

vet told me if even goes in the garden and chases the cat when the disease is flaring up he will be crippled for life!

unbelievable. the only good news is that if we manage him right he will be perfect in 6-12 months. wierd but this condition only attacks the bones when they're growing.

heres a couple of pics of the him taken a few days ago just before he went down.

his name is Zak

Image033
Image035
mace

mace

poor little guy. Maybe the doctor will give him his scrip and he can blaze with you.

In all seriousness, i hope things work out well.

U

USMCtanker

wow im sorry to hear that. its a beautiful dog. they dont call dogs mans best friend for nothen, there just like any one else in my family. i love dogs but since i had a baby and got outta miltary i havnt had a place i could really keep one. i miss haveing a dog.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
That's terrible, best of luck and a speedy recovery to Zak. Handsome dog keroseen.

B

budbabe

Hi keroseen, thats one beautiful dog. I've had a couple of Alsatians..(dunno what the difference is tbh) and they're very intelligent and active dogs.

Sorry to hear of Zak's troubles. I'm sure you already know but your main problem will be in stopping him hurting himself due to his youthful energy, you have a difficult task on your hands mate and I wish you luck over the next year and good health to Zak.

Keep us posted on his progress I'm sure the support will help :)

H

Husbandnwife420

good luck man i hope every thing turns out good for your big dude my wife and i run a adoption site for needy cats and dogs and we have more then the averidge amount of pets (family) and its sad when thay hurt i know wat u are going threw my chines cristed has a really bad hip he crys out often its so sad hes getting beter every day but ya no how it is just wanted to wish u luck bro peace out :bong-hits:

S

stone69

You'll have to keep him inside for a while... hope the best...

G

Gilpro

Follow the doctors orders, im sure he'll pull through :muscle

Gilpro

A

Arti.chokes

Good luck to Zak and yourself keroseen, :time let's hope it goes quick for him eh!. Arti

B

budkatz

So sad - pets make me feel so good. It really hurts to see them in pain or ill.

Best wishes...

K

keroseen

hey guys thx 4 the support.

we've been doing some research on the problem and i think we can handle it OK.

seems to be the disease of the pampered pooch. lots of young dogs are pulled out of shows due to this problem. its very common in top dogs.

seems to flare up much more in dogs on a high quality diet, in kennels where the dogs get a generic low quality food it never happens.

my dog is not an inbred sickly showdog, just wanted to make that clear. it sickens me the way breeders are destroying this breed.

Zak is F1 hybrid fathered by a German working dog thats just been brought over so he's genetically sound.

thats the ridiculous part of it, hes in such amazing condition and has grown so vigorously that he's a victim of his own health.

if he had a shitty old bloodline and crappy diet he wouldn't have any probelms.

life is strange sometimes, you think you're doing the right thing and shit like this happens.

KS

C

chuckyoufarley

keroseen thats a beautifull dog ya got there ,hope all works out for ya . i truly dont know what would happen to me if something happened to my girl
DSC03954

DSC03972

K

Krypto1

damn sorry to hear about your best friend keroseen but do what the doc says and i hope all will be well..GL

K.1

Latest posts

Top Bottom