Just getting started. Help needed?

• Thread starter herby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

herby

Hey all, just getting back into the scene after many years. Got ahold of some decent clones and got them to root. Just transplanted everything in the last 2 days after rooting and havent started to feed yet.

All of the clones made it except for The White. Lost 2 out of three and the third isnt looking so hot. It the one with a single leaf on it. The rest look ok but the leaves are all starting to curl up? Temp is running around 84-86 humidity between 55 and 70. havent fed yet except for one that I put into coco.

The seedlings are the redcan seeds I bought here. All I am trying to accomplish for now is to get these to a point where I can make them all into bonsai moms.

Anyway, th leaf curl is bothering me a little bit but I may be overthinking things. here's a photo

Just getting started help needed
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
When clones are trying to root and reassert themselves the leaves get no attention. Once the have established a root system in those cups they'll turn the corner fast. Your temps are high, try to keep it under 80 and they'll perk up faster. Nice selection, welcome home :hi

H

herby

ok cool. Thanks bro. Should I keep the watering to a minimum?
My coco just got here from the west coast and thats why only one made it into coco. I like the coco a lot though and wish I had everything in it.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm new with the coco too but my understanding is if you're hand watering in individual pots you treat it just like soil and judge by the weight of the pot. Once they establish, and fill out the container, you can move to a regular schedule.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Herby, what soil are they in? And what nutrients are you giving the one in coco?

Looking at the White clone you have, the person who took those clones needs a bit more practice. There is only 1 leaf and barely any new growth going for it. Keep a close eye on it, as the growth that is there looks okay. One thing I would recommend is getting some Rhizotonic, it is a great product for clones. Use it as a feed and the clones love it and shoot roots like crazy. It can also be used as a foliar spray, and it really does wonders there too, I have saved plants because of a good Rhizo spray-down.

Other than that things are looking good for you. Welcome back.

H

herby

:nod Yea the White clone is not looking great. I lost 2 others already and this is all that remains. It started out much better than it is now. I really butchered it LOL.. I can get more cuts if I lose this one but would really like to bring her back from life support. Anyway, the clones looked a lot better when i got em LOL.
Ok its obvious which one she is. On the bottom left is Bubba k. The other three are Chemdog D. Honestly the only ones I lost were the 2 white cuts, everything else seems to be a bit more resilient. In the past I had always grown from seed too. This is my first attempt at growing from clones. Learned a lot and next run will be a lot better.

The soil is black gold and on the top left you can see the one Chemdog D that is in coco. The reason being that my coco didnt arrive until the other day and that Chemdog D was the last to show roots. Now she looks like the healthiest in the bunch LOL. Everything was transplanted in the last couple of days, 3 days max so i have been watering only, just to build some root structure. The one in Coco I did feed real light with canna A&b like 2ml per gal.
Hujmidity is 72 and temp is 84.
These are in a sm rubbermaid 10" x 18" with 2 cfl's. 100 watt ea bulb. No ventilation either. If i vent the humidity drops to about 35%.

H

herby

I'm new with the coco too but my understanding is if you're hand watering in individual pots you treat it just like soil and judge by the weight of the pot. Once they establish, and fill out the container, you can move to a regular schedule.

I noticed the one in coco still has a little weight to it especially bottom heavy so although I am supposed to water everyday I didnt water today and will see how she looks tomorrow and decide from there if she gets more aqau.

Oh I will also go get that Rhizitonic tomorrow and give that a shot.. I dont want to overdue anything and just want to let mother nature do her thing. I know from the past that this is just weed and its pretty resilient. Thats why it bums me out to lose the other 2 clones.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
The rhizo will make a huge difference fast.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The Black Gold should have a good amount of nutrients right in the soil, and for plants with new roots they need a bit of time to adjust. I would keep the watering light and keep a spray bottle around of plain water or water with a bit of Rhizo to keep the leaves healthy.

The clone in the coco looks the best because coco is just about inert so there is much less adjusting for the plants to do. And that nutrient regiment sounds good for a while. It doesn't look like you added any perlite to your coco, I would suggest that you do. A ratio of 2:1 (coco:perlite) work well.

H

herby

Excellent, thanks for the info guys. I'll get the rhizo an perlite tomorrow. My goal for now is just get these large enough to clone. Then Once the clones take they will become my mom and stay in this cab and everything else will get transplanted except for the redcan. They are pretty much stuck where they are and will get flowered out the way they are just so I can get some samples. I'll take clones of each of course before I put them to flowering.

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

H

herby

You guy were right on the money. I went and piked up the rhizo and also picked up a t-5 and switched over to that last night. My lights come on at 5 am and off at 1 am everyday. I make the switch at 7 pm last night. When I made the switch the ladies looked pretty much the same as the day before and thats after 14 hours. 6 hours later right before it was lights out there was a noticeable difference. Gave them all a small drink of water with rhizo and then did a light misting on the leaves. Switched over to the t-5 and WOW. At 7 tonight I will take mor photos and post. I dont know how much the rhizo made a difference and how much of the difference is the light but whatever it was its made the ladies really perk up. Even the redcan had noticeable growth prbably close to 1/4" in 6 hours.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Excellent. Amazing what a couple of upgrades can do.

H

herby

Heres the update 24 hrs later. You can see on the white that not only did the new growth really spurt up but at the bottom there is more new growth!! LOL..
Anyway, looks like that Rhizo really kicked it up a notch. and after these pics no more baby pics LOL.

Today 006
Today 008
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Isn't that Rhizotonic something else. I sometimes don't know how I ever lived without using it. Its such a good product, if I ran out of every other nutrient w/ no money to re-up I would still make sure I had some Rhizo on hand. Like I said before, this product can pretty much bring plants back from the dead.

G

GrandKynd

Thanks for the info on the Rhizo, guys. gonna give that a try.

H

herby

Just a quick update on the white.
1 week ago it looked like the center node is where the new growth was coming from an it was as you can see in the photo. Well that grew out and dried up and then the bottom sprouted. LOL. 1 week later this is what i have. I finally cut that large leaf off that was there from the original clone.

Today
H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
She's bouncing right back. Sometimes it's easier for the plant to push new growth from the bottom when the nodes for new leaf sets up top are damaged or missing.

Keep it up herby!

H

herby

Thanks bro, would I have been better off just chopping her right down to the dirt in the first place? LOL..
That 1 weeks growth is definitely impressive. Well for me anyway hahahaha.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
You gotta let them do their thing. When they're new and fragile they can go either way. Let them figure it out. :nod

Latest posts

Top Bottom