Just here to sponge information from fellow growers

• Thread starter Copycat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Copycat

Copycat

I’m running 2 - 400 watt air cooled hps lights along with 1-450 watt vipar spectra led for increased blue spectrum, I have 1- 4 inch incline fan blowing filtered air into the tent , 1 -6 inch inline fan sucking air from the tent “435 cfm” and 1 6 inch inline sucking air from outside the tent , through the cooled lights and into a heat vent to recirculate some free heat in my house, I can run my actual furnace less in the winter… the tent is 6.5-7-4ft and I have 1 plant in a dwc style bucket , the rest are in promix hp, 3 gallon pails , I’m trying to achieve a GRAM A WATT!!! , oh, I’m using GH TRIO AND CALIMAGIC for the feed and my strain of choice is “ROSE CREAMx FRUIT FLAMBE. ph is always in between 5.5-6 for dwc and 6 -6.5 for soil and ppm I’ve been easing into the 600 range on the dwc plant and 400 ish for the promix , originally I had 4 plants in 5 gallon buckets but 3 got slime and I’m not able to afford hydro guard as I bought all this other equipment last minute, missing timers and a couple small things that makes my life a bit harder but whatever… my res temp is always 68-73 never higher , no chiller… and tent temp is 70-76f , RH is 45-60% as I stated this is only my 3rd grow now 2nd with photoperiod plants and 1st in dwc , any pointers or stuff I may be missing out on would be greatly appreciated.

Just here to sponge information from fellow growers
Just here to sponge information from fellow growers 2
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
welcome Copycat. I was thinking sharing info was the purpose of these forums. You'll find a lot of experience and knowledge here

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Seems interesting.....not clear on how many plants will be total....Are you running all those lights now or only partially being their just small plants yet....I pref to use enough light to get good growth without over powering them...and could do that in veg under a simple 2 bar t5.....and thats plants that were 1-2ft in 6in pots ready to be transed to 3gal and flowered...I use a PMixHP type mix but also have done DWC...
But Im just saying you could save a few bux, keep the heat lower and just run 1x400 and the LED.....or maybe the LED alone even till they get some size....
I pref a Blue spectrum myself in veg so if it was me Id have 1x 400MH 1xHPS andd the LED to suppliment..., But I like full spectrum thru bloom as well or least till mid late bloom...Then go full HPS for the finish....But I was just sittin here gettin lit an hope any of that is useful info...
always casual and power to it
FOE20

Copycat

Copycat

Oof forgot … day 28 veg for dwc and 14-15 for promix
Seems interesting.....not clear on how many plants will be total....Are you running all those lights now or only partially being their just small plants yet....I pref to use enough light to get good growth without over powering them...and could do that in veg under a simple 2 bar t5.....and thats plants that were 1-2ft in 6in pots ready to be transed to 3gal and flowered...I use a PMixHP type mix but also have done DWC...
But Im just saying you could save a few bux, keep the heat lower and just run 1x400 and the LED.....or maybe the LED alone even till they get some size....
I pref a Blue spectrum myself in veg so if it was me Id have 1x 400MH 1xHPS andd the LED to suppliment..., But I like full spectrum thru bloom as well or least till mid late bloom...Then go full HPS for the finish....But I was just sittin here gettin lit an hope any of that is useful info...
always casual and power to it
FOE20
see that’s wht I’m thinking little too much light but it really doesn't affect the temp because both hps are in glass cool tubes , I got both 400 watt hps and the 450 watt led running , all on 50% power temp hits highest 76f and res bucket will hit 73 at most , I have if I remember correctly 6 plants in the tent, all the same strain, dwc and pmix are 15 days apart… I may just run 1 400 hps on 50% and the vipar 450 on only veg for blue spectrum. The kicker is I’m running almost as much in wattage in fans as i am in lights lol

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Oof forgot … day 28 veg for dwc and 14-15 for promix

see that’s wht I’m thinking little too much light but it really doesn't affect the temp because both hps are in glass cool tubes , I got both 400 watt hps and the 450 watt led running , all on 50% power temp hits highest 76f and res bucket will hit 73 at most , I have if I remember correctly 6 plants in the tent, all the same strain, dwc and pmix are 15 days apart… I may just run 1 400 hps on 50% and the vipar 450 on only veg for blue spectrum. The kicker is I’m running almost as much in wattage in fans as i am in lights lol
Hey there, welcome. I use and like t5's for vegging. I can get the light right on top of them without burning the leaves. When I have room I take my vegging plants I keep under a 6 tube 4 ft t5 light with a t5 side light into the flower room for the day under a 1000w hps for 10 +- hrs then return to my veg room....My plant love this treatment and I can tell the difference between the plants I move & those I don't after just 1 day. After just 10+- hrs they are larger with wider leaves than the ones I left under t5's...

I also use the heat from my light to aid in warming my basement, I have an open umbrella style reflector without a glass protector / shield. I did get some nice color out of my plants last winter and the cooler nights were a contributing factor.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Welcome! My piece of advice is @DWC slime, if can't afford hydro guard you could go sterile and use hydrogen peroxide in reservoir. Im not 100% sure the proper ratio but ive used 20+ ml per gallon of the cheap dollar store 3% hydrogen peroxide with no I'll effects. Is there a way you can keep the reservoir a lil cooler? I think not just light (looks like you got light blocked good) but also higher temps can make for a slimy mess on the roots. There's probly other alternatives to hydro guard, I'm still pretty new at this myself lol. This forum is very informative and helpful, you've come to the right place bud.

Copycat

Copycat

Welcome! My piece of advice is @DWC slime, if can't afford hydro guard you could go sterile and use hydrogen peroxide in reservoir. Im not 100% sure the proper ratio but ive used 20+ ml per gallon of the cheap dollar store 3% hydrogen peroxide with no I'll effects. Is there a way you can keep the reservoir a lil cooler? I think not just light (looks like you got light blocked good) but also higher temps can make for a slimy mess on the roots. There's probly other alternatives to hydro guard, I'm still pretty new at this myself lol. This forum is very informative and helpful, you've come to the right place bud.
So originally I had 4 plants in dwc , only 1 remains, the other 3 got the slime and I sprayed with hp and let the plant soak up tap water then transplanted into promix hp hoping to save the plants , seems to be working , the only one left in dwc has had 0 issues since day one and is my largest plant now , I’ve lst and topped 2 times now , the one left in dwc is about 28-29 days old from the time the seed popped, and roots are massive and white , I’ve been trimming large fan leaves here and there trying to stretch out veg until the ones in promix can catch up a bit , ………PS Rez temp I don’t think is my issue It WILL STAY BETWEEN 68-73 but 73 being the highest it will hit , I then turn down the temp in my house , I got the slime first but figured it was light leaks , fixed that but the ones that got slime just kept getting it , since I blocked light from hitting solution Ive had awesome growth rate with the one plant

Top Bottom