Just looking for an opinion.

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tnelz

Tnelz

Hey all! First I want to give some info. Growing skywalker Og kush and chronic thunder. They are currently in promix hp in five gallon pots. The promix is mixed with perlite at about 4 to 1. I am using advanced nutrients ph perfect a&b with additives. Currently under a 600 watt metal halide with a digital dimmable ballast. Cool tube vented with a 240 cfm booster. All of this is in a 4 *4 *6.5 agromax grow tent with a 100 cfm intake and another 240 cfm exhaust. Temps are between 69 and 81. That's coldest lights off and warmest lights on. I am not a newb however for the past two years I have been growing organic gh grow box nutes so I am new to an. I gave them their first feeding at 1/4 strength around 150 ppms about a week ago and have noticed a little browning at the tips. This can't be Nute burn right? They are healthy but kind of seem deficient more than burned. Please take a look and tell me what you think. Thank you all ahead of time.
Just looking for an opinion
Just looking for an opinion 2
Just looking for an opinion 3

soserthc1

soserthc1

Slight ph issue i would think .... but here is a chart that is all over here but less searching for you......
Mmj nutrient deficiency comparison chart

Tnelz

Tnelz

Perfect. Makes me feel way better. To me it was a potassium Def or a zinc or sulfur. Failed to mention I water with r/o ph'd to 5.9 to 6.2. So I didn't think it was burn or lock out. Just a simple up page of the base a+b should solve my problem. Thanks a million times!

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

keep an eye on it to see if it worsens. it looks to me that the problem has already been corrected, your new growth looks vigorous and healthy, no deformities that i can see. It could have possibly been a slight burn to a young plant via nutes. Like i said, just keep an eye out and watch for any other signs worsening. A common mistake is trying to fix a problem by adding more nutes or some other additive... this usually creates more problems or nute lock outs.

what i dont understand is that in your first pic, i see a plant that is in early flowering in the background??? that is pretty confusing to meo_O

Tnelz

Tnelz

Hello z. Agree with u 100 percent. and thanks makes me way more comfortable. The plant u c flowering is an la diva auto which explains the flowering. Actually its about two weeks in and rocking out. A bit stretchy however it is filling in nicely and pushing tricomes like crazy. and honest to god it smells like blueberry pie garnished with mj! Supposed to be pretty good. Free seed from single seed centre. While I have u here I just cut clones a few days ago and plan on growing them in 5 gallon hempy buckets. But Im cloning aeroponically so not sure how the plants would be supported in hempy. Do u think it would b ok to cut a root riot plug in half so its half as long then cutting the plug again and wrapping it around the lower part of the stem then planting that? Shoulg give it some stability but I don't want it to affect my stem in any way. Also don't want to use a rockwool plug and saw how someone does this same thing that im suggesting with rockwool. Thanks for taking interest!

soserthc1

soserthc1

just spread some ZHO or root inhancer around the soil area you plan on inserting the clone and add you cutting spreading out the roots - then wet well and keep out of direct light for a day or two till roots start to take hold or add some support till they do .... should be fine ....

Tnelz

Tnelz

Thanks for the response brother but going hempy so no soil just perlite. Sometimes the simplest things are overlooked. Just adding a little support to the plant is exactly what I need to do. Frigging simple. This is why I joined. Seriously. These forums are ultra important to growers man and not just newbs. Should be ready to rock my hempys in like 3 more days. My clones are actually growing and haven't even rooted yet. Well maybe not growing but haven't shown any wilt at all. Literally none. Thanks again guys and I'll be posting some new picks soon. Until next time! By the way if u can get Ur hands on some black diesel it is incredible medication!

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, that second pic screams pH issues, providing the color I am seeing on my screen is accurate. Pro-mix, mixed with more perlite (a good thing).

Welcome to the world of hand watered hydroponic farming using a peat/perlite/vermiculite growing media. Start here, same applies to your problems:

Don't feel like typing and not trying to wave my weenie with pics - well over 50 strains, doing what I am suggesting you do, no issues with them. I've practiced what I preach. Scroll down to post #13

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Calcium bro. Give it some cal/mag.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, fractal, and I am not really going to go into detail as to why people have bottles of Cal/Mag in their growroom, unnecessarily. Click on that thread, dude. Look at the pics of the 50-60 different strains I posted.

Now, all this talk we hear about ye 'ol Ca and Mg wench, Sweet Lady Jane, 'tis not the case, as such. In that you need to buy additional Secondary nutes.

How did I do it, fractal, how did I manage all those different strains, many on the same nutrient solution, either in RDWC or Ebb & Flow? All without one single bottle of Cal/Mag? Or a Ca or Mg def.? Or any def.? Or a pH issue?

Cal/Mag has more than just Ca & Mg - it adds more N to your nute regime, too. Sometimes too much.

I watched this whole Cal/Mag craze unfold, guys and gals, along with the pH nonesense for soiless (PPV) mixes. The pH really took hold 11-12 years ago, and I know the source. The Cal/Mag traces its roots to one shitty line of nutes from a particular manufacturer that swept the stoner world.

It turned into accept urban legend, both issues, and is still 'all the rage' and accepted norm.

Not into arguing it, we all have opinions, feel free to have and express (as I just did) your own, take issue with my words, do a point by point rebuttal, etc. But, since I have done plenty of experimentation for myself, I'm not particularly interested in engaging in an argument about it. If that makes me come across as a d-bag, so be it.

fractal

fractal

Damn, dude. Did cal/mag rape your momma? Maybe I was taught wrong but burned tips when all other nutes are good used to fix itself with some cal/mag. And I always got juicier buds, the kind that feel wet from all the resin, using cal/mag. Whatever, this isn't any topic to become fired up about.

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Whatever, this isn't any topic to become fired up about.

I'm not fired up about it, just trying to steer somebody in the right direction on correcting their issues and try to help him/her harvest the most amount of highest quality bud they can for their grow space, strain and skill level. Following your advice will do the opposite. No 'nice' way to say that, and I am not being personal, merely blunt and direct.

Just trying to give back to da online weed community that I have been around a while, every now and then.

One of the reasons that I am not interested in arguing it, is that it is pointless. I would not change your mind, as your ego would be tied up in an online dispute, instead of trying to figure out what is best for yer ladies.

Further, the pH and anti-Cal/Mag stance that I advocate is not the norm, the 'online marijuana grower's' norm. So most won't listen, anyway.

Most folks on all of the online weed forums today didn't watch these two issues, umm, take root, and become the incorrectly accepted norm, on said forums. Or if they were around, they weren't paying attention as it was happening.

I have been in several growrooms, including commercial, that had plants that were borderline, or obviously displaying, nitrogen toxicities - and, of course a bottle of Cal/Mag on the shelf. The use of Cal/Mag and the incorrectly perceived need and must have of it in your garden is a myth. Incorrect 'widely accepted weed' pH ranges are a part of this Cal/Mag issue and responsible for lockouts of the two, not deficiencies, especially in peat/perlite based mixes. But for both hydro and 'dirt', it is too high, as oft-repeated.

The majority of people who participate today on these forums, with the sweeping acceptance of medical use in multiple states, do not know the poster responsible, in large part, for what the prevailing opinion on proper pH for indoor 'dirt' and hydro grows, and every other forum is. I do. I watched the whole thing start at the particular forum he and I were at that is long gone, and spread from there. The Lucas Formula also helped perpetuate the Cal/Mag myth, in addition to the other two reasons I have listed.

So, no rapin' of my momma. Just wanna make clear my stance, and help someone, either the OP or some lurker, if they are willing to have an open mind - that is why I posted those pics, proof is in the pudding as far as my claim. Mmmkay?

And that ought to about wrap it up for me in this thread, 'cause I just ain't interested in trying to convince you, fractal, about the truth in what I am saying. Anyone willing to listen and at least give what I said serious thought, has already read enough from me to know whether or not they want to explore my thoughts on their own further.

Toodles, fractal. Gonna split this thread, heard rumors their might be a bottle of Cal/Mag after my momma. I'm gonna go hunt that bottle down, kick the shit outta it, and then pour that shit down the drain - where it belongs ...

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Got a link to said thread? I'm interested.

Yea, it is in my post #8 above. I got all cute with it and it is the light green sentence beginning, " Don't feel like typing ..."

I'll give myself a D- for link delivery...

Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

A last follow up, I posted those specific pics, as in just a few pictures, I could show three different grow systems (RDWC, E&F, PPV), 5 different light setups, and various states of veg of 50-60 different strains including clones.

And not to hijack threads with my pics, but because the things I am talking about cause a lot of threads in all of the 'infirmary' forums and manifest in different ways outwardly, in the plant.

One thing I didn't mention is not over 6.3 in flower. Start getting over 6.4, even when just mixing your nutes, can fuck up the solution - leave you chasing your tail, trying to figure out what is going on with your plants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom