Just one of those thIngs, or is it something bigger?

• Thread starter SecretJardinDS90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

Hey all so I came home after the long weekend and checked out the plants, they grew a lot in 3 days, but to my dismay there was about 4 large household flies in my tent, they didn't eat any of the plants but it was kinda odd seeing them, never had this before. Is it just one of those things where they might have gotten in cause of the smell and light ? Or is there a bigger problem I'm unaware of ?

C

Canvas

Large houseflys are not a plant pest, but how they got in there is a good question.

The only problem, that I can think of, is how did they get in there; did they fly in, did they come in with fresh dirt or compost?

SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

They probably flew in through the intake, no matter though, there gone now

neverbreak

neverbreak

yeah bro, houseflies ain't an issue for plants. i wouldn't be losing any sleep over them. ;)

neverbreak

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
houseflies are actually considered beneficial insects believe it or not.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Interesting take on the houseflies, cap. Sounds like a feasible theory.

-TF

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
What I mean by beneficial is in nature they are beneficial. In your grow room they are just annoying to you, but they will not hurt the plants in any way.

K

kolah

The flies lay eggs then they emerge as maggots which gobble up stuff. It seems like they like meat the best though. I am not sure that I want maggots in my weed soil but if they do no harm and more good they are welcome.
Maggot Juice anyone?

Latest posts

Top Bottom