just ordered my 2nd tent

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I ordered a 2x4x6 and I have 2 questions,

1. When setting up I will have to move my 3 weeks old autos to a room with just room light for about 2 or 3 hours, will this hurt them? I have to move things to fit it.

2. Can I use one fan/filter for my 4x4 and 2x4? It is a 6" 390 CFM fan. And how? They will be side by side in an 8x11 room.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Don't worry about the plants, they will be fine for 12-24 hours in darkness if you need that much time :-)
You could set both up for just one extraction fan, as long as the fan can cope.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how? or what words do i use to google. i am googling but i dont seem to have the right sentence! i was thinking just leave it in the 4x4 and push air from top of 2x4 into 4x4 and it would remove it. it is a 6 inch 390 cfm... im just trying to do the math right now, i will let you know if it is big enough... unless someone knows without me doing math!

if i did the math right it will cycle the air in both tents 21 times an hour. is that enough? ive never had it past half way on the 4x4 with my set up. im guessing here, but it sounds like it will do. but i havent a clue about losses and cavitation and any such pneumatic issues that might go on

Last edited:
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The 2x4x6 tent linked over to the 4x4 with a small assist fan inside on the small tent side but maybe a small 4 or 5 inch intake fan as well should be a good setup and not cost you more that 60 quid to do.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Get a wye fitting to connect the 2 pieces of flex duct together upstream of your fan so both of your exhaust vent lines can feed into the fan. You can also add volume dampers if you want to get fancy but its most likely not necessary just a control thing.

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

2x4x6=48 , 4x4x6=96 , 48+96=144 cubic feet fan should be more than sufficient for both

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Personally would do a 4" exhaust line from the tents to the wye fitting then increase to 6" for the fan and filter

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the filter is in the big tent, the fan PULLS air through the filter (from the tent) so i cant run anything to before and use a Y.

thanks all! i think the best solution is what @JSH1973 said. i will pull air from the little tent at the top into the big tent at the top, and air from the room can be from the bottom and can be pulled into the little tent. so two small fans i can insert into the holes they give me.

the tent arrives in a week. amazon could do it the next day but from the vender site no tax and a 10% discount made it $20 cheaper, but i have to wait... grrr!!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ok, now for lights. the led lights i use are on sale!

i have one 240w, and three 150w led lights.

i can get another 150w for $100.

so... do i put the 240w in the 2x4 and four 150w (600w) in the 4x4? or do i put two 150w (300w) in the 2x4 and put the 240w and two 150s in the 4x4 (540w)

Cypress66

Cypress66

ok, now for lights. the led lights i use are on sale!

i have one 240w, and three 150w led lights.

i can get another 150w for $100.

so... do i put the 240w in the 2x4 and four 150w (600w) in the 4x4? or do i put two 150w (300w) in the 2x4 and put the 240w and two 150s in the 4x4 (540w)
Both are great coverage I’d probably go with the first option but you can see and maybe one of the 150wt as well what lights are you using kuzz?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Not trying to burst your bubble but the filter works both directions so you can use the design as described. Its sole purpose is to eliminate smell

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
so the prefilter is not important?

i have no bubble to burst, i looked at the filter and saw the cloth thing on the outside and thought to be effective using that pre-filter it had to pull air through it. i understand the can is just charcoal and does not care, but they put that white cloth thing on there for some reason... or so i imagined.

i like it in the tent, it would be a pain outside of it, and the other tent i ordered thinking i would leave it in there, so how the room is and how the tents fit means it needs to stay this way.

i pressed the button before your insight and the tent is here, light will be here sunday or monday, so alls good!

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

The pre-filter is to help larger particles from being drawn into the filter. The charcoal doesn't care which way air passes over it so if expelling air from inside to outside of the charcoal filter you just move pre filter screens to cover the end of the ductwork Inside of the tent (little diy cut to overlap and a rubber band). I was just trying to give you a design with your parameters of 1 filter 1 fan. At the end of the day they're your babies and you gotta roll with what you're comfortable with. Look forward to seeing your grow!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
these are usually those things i should have known before pushing that "buy now" button! i just saw it and figured, well that otta go there... what is funny is i had to look a lot to find the tent that zipped open on the side i needed, most are on the other side. go figure id find out after it arrives! lol. but it is here, and i am going to run both on one and just do it differently.
thanks though, good things to know!

you might can help out on my light dilemma @iX_Lazy_Xi ;

i have four 150w LEDs, one 240w LED and one 2x4 and 0ne 4x4. the 4x4 is autos and 18/6. 4x2 is 12/12 and photos. which lights should go where? i thought one of these two ways:

1) in the 4x4 put the 240x and 2 150w for a total of 540w; 2x4 put 2 150w for a total of 300w.
or
2) in the 4x4 put 4 150w for 600w; 2x4 the 240w

(LEDs have samsung diodes and meanwell driver)

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Out of the 2 options #1 seems better based on the 30w per square foot ratio most go with

4×4=16×30= 480w for a minimum
2x4=8×30= 240w for a minimum

So if you chose option 2 you would be right at minimum for the footprint of the 2x4

Option 1 will let you push both spaces to a higher level

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I cut a sheet of plywood and made a top for the tent. All the fans and exhaust gear are up there leaving me room to grow inside.
Except the fan inside to make the plants stronger.

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
im in a mobile home, i had to remove the ceiling light just to squeeze it in. i have an 80" tent and a 84" ceiling.

Top Bottom