Just Planted, Under-watered For 3 Days....

• Thread starter Greenleaf12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenleaf12

7 days ago I planted my germinated seeds and none of them have sprouted yet. They germinated by being in water for 48 hours, then planted into an organic mix that was fresh out of the bag 1 inch deep in the pot. It sat under a 1200 Watt LED light, 22 inches away, for 3-4 days with very little watering. The humidity is around 50RH with a temp of 70 degrees. It is a white willow strain. In the last 2 days I have watered/misted severals times, every 10 hours or so and switched to a 700 Watt light.

Are my seeds dried up?? Can they bounce back if they are not completely dried up? Any recommendations?

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
then planted into an organic mix that was fresh out of the bag 1 inch deep in the pot.

1" is kinda deep and that's WAY too much light, IMHO.. Hard to say what's going on under the soil without taking a look. You can gently brush some of the soil away to see whats happening and if they're dried out. If they still look viable, cover them with about .25" of loose moistened soil and put them under florescent lighting and don't water them anymore. Next time, germinate your seeds and plant them no more than .5" under some loose moist soil. They should pop out in about 2 days give or take. You'll only need to water them once at first and should be good few a few days under florescent lighting. Good luck!

FWIW, I usually plant my germinated seeds about .25" in loose soil and rarely have a failure. Everyone has their own technique.

Last edited:
Bannacis

Bannacis

Hi intense lighting will dry out the surface of the soil quick, you want to use low wattage florescents.
Basically they will sprout with no light, but then they will begin to suffer...just some 20 watters to start.
keep soil slightly moist, but not drenched.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

they might still sprout aa good rule of thumb is to bury them the length of the seed so roughly an eighth or so. keep the soil moist but not soaking and as others have said you want a cfl not a huge watted led that will burn them. not to mention they will strertch like crazy or get burnt from being to close.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

did they crack in the water before you transplanted?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

If they didn't crack or u have other older seeds put em. In a match box with some sandpaper n gently shake em to scuff em out might help with permeability

Top Bottom