Just Practicing with WiFi Microscope

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I was looking through the loupe the other day and thought, it's about time I try one of those usb/wireless microscopes. I went on Amazon and the BeaverLab M1 caught my eye, it was $60 but on sale for $50 and also had a $10 coupon so I paid $40. They have a more expensive model with a built in screen but I figured without would be easier for handheld use, if I was using a stand all the time then the screened model would of been nice.

I like it overall and I think the quality is pretty good, at least when I can keep my hands still lol.
The focus ring is easy and comfortable to use, has led lights with adjustable brightness, digital zoom, and a lens cap.
It does say in the directions that you can short press the power button to take pictures but this did not work for me, I had to click the button on my phone screen. I think it may only work for wired/USB connection.

These are pictures of the first time using it so probably not the best, hopefully I improve with some practice lol.

If anyone has some tips for using wireless microscopes, I'm all ears!

If you want to post your own pics using your microscope, go for it!

Just practicing with wifi microscope

Just practicing with wifi microscope 2

Just practicing with wifi microscope 3

Just practicing with wifi microscope 4

Just practicing with wifi microscope 5

Just practicing with wifi microscope 6

Just practicing with wifi microscope 7

Just practicing with wifi microscope 8

Just practicing with wifi microscope 9

Just practicing with wifi microscope 10

Just practicing with wifi microscope 11

Just practicing with wifi microscope 12

Just practicing with wifi microscope 14

Just practicing with wifi microscope 15

Just practicing with wifi microscope 16

Just practicing with wifi microscope 17

Just practicing with wifi microscope 18

Just practicing with wifi microscope 20

Just practicing with wifi microscope 13
Just practicing with wifi microscope 19
ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

I was looking through the loupe the other day and thought, it's about time I try one of those usb/wireless microscopes. I went on Amazon and the BeaverLab M1 caught my eye, it was $60 but on sale for $50 and also had a $10 coupon so I paid $40. They have a more expensive model with a built in screen but I figured without would be easier for handheld use, if I was using a stand all the time then the screened model would of been nice.

I like it overall and I think the quality is pretty good, at least when I can keep my hands still lol.
The focus ring is easy and comfortable to use, has led lights with adjustable brightness, digital zoom, and a lens cap.
It does say in the directions that you can short press the power button to take pictures but this did not work for me, I had to click the button on my phone screen. I think it may only work for wired/USB connection.

These are pictures of the first time using it so probably not the best, hopefully I improve with some practice lol.

If anyone has some tips for using wireless microscopes, I'm all ears!

If you want to post your own pics using your microscope, go for it!
looks sick, hope you have fun playing around with it
😄

Good call not spending too much on them, have been researching and almost everyone until the 90 Bucks range has the same sensor and lense i think it was like 1 out of 30 that had a better lense and board.

Cant say much about microscopes themselves but if you wanna use it for juicy trichome pictures i can get into more details, takes some time and trying around though so i wouldnt bother with it if you only wanna inspect your Plants.

For the shaky hand there are 2 ways i can suggest:

-First and cheapest whith materials you prob alrady have around is something like a Mono/Tripod String, attach a string to the microscope (may have to use some sorta clamp and build tension with the strings while holding them down with your feet which will hold your Hands/ the microscope more steady.

- 2nd more easy and less hassle way would be articulated Arms which can be attached to the poles of your tent, basically the things you see on Podcasts thats used to hold and move the microphones around.

Also movement and Light will be your biggest enemey, light from the scope seems decent enough so far so maybe not an issue but you wanna have your plants as steady as possible even you moving around in that can cause issues (using a tripod and moving away from it while taking the shot).
So try to turn all your fans down even tiny ones that doesnt seem to have an effect with the naked eye. Ofc only if your after some pictures to share shouldnt be needed just to check for pests or trichome colours.

As a side note if you dont wanna use your phone screen and the microscope allows it you could try connecting the Micropscope to your phone via usb using an otg adapter. Otherwise check if thers an option for a delayed trigger so theres some time for you to focus on the area you want and build tension before the picture is taken. Or the vibrations and movements from the object that holding the object dissappears.

Newty

Newty

looks sick, hope you have fun playing around with it
😄

Good call not spending too much on them, have been researching and almost everyone until the 90 Bucks range has the same sensor and lense i think it was like 1 out of 30 that had a better lense and board.

- 2nd more easy and less hassle way would be articulated Arms which can be attached to the poles of your tent, basically the things you see on Podcasts thats used to hold and move the microphones around.
Thanks for the tips! I like the articulated arm idea, I probably have some stuff lying around to make one!

When I was looking at the microscopes, I heard Dino Lite was a good brand but once I seen anywhere from $100-$1000 for 1 I decided I'll go a cheaper route.

The biggest reason I went with this particular microscope is because of the lack of reviews, it only has 57 reviews and 4.7 rating. If I see 1000 reviews and 4-5 star rating, I can only think that the majority of them are fake.

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Sure thing exicted to see what youll come up with.

If you can use some rubber clamps on the tent poles or anything shock/vibration absorbing.

SnappyJack

SnappyJack

Newty... great find... my scope is 6 yrs old... crap color and definition...

This ones on my "too buy list" Let us know if it passes the 30 day no failure mark... Thanks!

Seen the black unit.. diff name.. for $29... have a theory on the cheaper copies.. they failed inspection.. so mfg tries to sell them anyway they can..

Top Bottom