Just some advise would be great.

• Thread starter Aussie farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

So due to limited outdoor space because I'm not able to grow freely I was thinking of moving in doors. This will be my first indoor experience even though I've only had 2 outdoors my 2nd only in week 2 auto flower. I don't need anything serious just enough to supply my needs so will this be adequate and how many plants would be comfortable in there.
Just some advise would be great 2

Just some advise would be great
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

That second PIC of the Cyco bloom was meant to show up but while it's there this is what I intend to use on my current outdoor week 2 of flower. What are your thoughts..?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

See here we go again, i grow nothing but autoflowers for 8 years on top of growing outdoors for 40, autos are touchy, bitchy, and simple to burn, they lie about the yield and if grown outdoors you get even less, first off you need a nice cool mix, second make shure your seedstock is good, i generally grow sweet, mdanzig, Buddha, and methesto, these are quality auto seeds that seem to give me the least amount of problems, ok your on amozon looking at cheap lights, I have a 4×4 tent and bought a viperspectra 600w reflector series, this is a good veg light for under $200, I never tried to flower a plant with it beacuse I own a California light works bloom booster $400, this set up works great for autos, when my autoflowers are done with there growth spurt is over around day 35 I then run both cycles veg and bloom this will help my flower grow till about day 50 when I flush out the food and add bloom nutrients, I then put my autoflowers under my bloom booster till they finish between day 65 and 80 depending on size of plant, now if you have a couple grand I would suggest checking out black dog great lights, or you can do what I did and buy a cheap light to get started, good seeds, use smart pots, I use botanacare pro grow for food after day 21, as for bloom I use either botanacare pro bloom soil formula or atami bloombastic, for medium I use ffoc happy frog is a hot mix never had trouble growing with ffof, in my opinion autoflowers are more difficult to grow beacuse there time oriented with a limited life span, but I do ok, if you need help don't hesitate to ask.

20190802 195018
20190707 070921
20190201 063336
Aussie farm

Aussie farm

See here we go again, i grow nothing but autoflowers for 8 years on top of growing outdoors for 40, autos are touchy, bitchy, and simple to burn, they lie about the yield and if grown outdoors you get even less, first off you need a nice cool mix, second make shure your seedstock is good, i generally grow sweet, mdanzig, Buddha, and methesto, these are quality auto seeds that seem to give me the least amount of problems, ok your on amozon looking at cheap lights, I have a 4×4 tent and bought a viperspectra 600w reflector series, this is a good veg light for under $200, I never tried to flower a plant with it beacuse I own a California light works bloom booster $400, this set up works great for autos, when my autoflowers are done with there growth spurt is over around day 35 I then run both cycles veg and bloom this will help my flower grow till about day 50 when I flush out the food and add bloom nutrients, I then put my autoflowers under my bloom booster till they finish between day 65 and 80 depending on size of plant, now if you have a couple grand I would suggest checking out black dog great lights, or you can do what I did and buy a cheap light to get started, good seeds, use smart pots, I use botanacare pro grow for food after day 21, as for bloom I use either botanacare pro bloom soil formula or atami bloombastic, for medium I use ffoc happy frog is a hot mix never had trouble growing with ffof, in my opinion autoflowers are more difficult to grow beacuse there time oriented with a limited life span, but I do ok, if you need help don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers man appreciate the advice. I do have a limited budget so was looking for a cheaper start I also have limited resources due to my location. I was going to grow in soil that I mix at my property with added compost and some chicken poo. I'll have to watch the Nitrogen in the chook poo though. I can only get nutrients online and I think that will be a limited range. As you've probably notice by me shopping on Amazon. I'll take your advice and do some more research. Thank you I'll follow your posts.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Cheers man appreciate the advice. I do have a limited budget so was looking for a cheaper start I also have limited resources due to my location. I was going to grow in soil that I mix at my property with added compost and some chicken poo. I'll have to watch the Nitrogen in the chook poo though. I can only get nutrients online and I think that will be a limited range. As you've probably notice by me shopping on Amazon. I'll take your advice and do some more research. Thank you I'll follow your posts.
Is this the one you use or similar. I only looked at the phlizon 1500 as it had a larger light foot print for the size grow tent 5x5 I was going to use.
Screenshot 20190824 071247 Amazon Shopping

Munch517

Munch517

Do yourself a favor and dismiss any idea of getting one of those cheap blurple LEDs, decent full spectrum chip on board lights are available now relatively cheap. Those older style LEDs are horribly inefficient, you're literally better off with an HPS. My top recommendation would be an HLG board or a Mars SP250, the mars tsw1000/tsw2000 are good options also, definitely stick to chip on board LEDs whatever you do. For spending and less than $1000 those are probably your best options.

That tent package seems expensive but I can't really see what it includes. At the very least make sure it comes with decent quality stuff, there a big price difference between some fans and carbon filters even of the same size.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Do yourself a favor and dismiss any idea of getting one of those cheap blurple LEDs, decent full spectrum chip on board lights are available now relatively cheap. Those older style LEDs are horribly inefficient, you're literally better off with an HPS. My top recommendation would be an HLG board or a Mars SP250, the mars tsw1000/tsw2000 are good options also, definitely stick to chip on board LEDs whatever you do. For spending and less than $1000 those are probably your best options.

That tent package seems expensive but I can't really see what it includes. At the very least make sure it comes with decent quality stuff, there a big price difference between some fans and carbon filters even of the same size.
Cheers mate appreciate it..

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Only pricey because it contains 2 lamps and reflector which I won't be needing.

Screenshot 20190824 125127 Amazon Shopping

Munch517

Munch517

Only pricey because it contains 2 lamps and reflector which I won't be needing.

View attachment 890436

Ah, that makes more sense. I just looked at Amazon Australia and I see you don't have a lot of good options on there, in the us a 5x5 grow tent itself can be ordered for $110 and similar packages to yours for $500. I'd look hard to see if there's better options elsewhere.

Aussie farm

Aussie farm

Ah, that makes more sense. I just looked at Amazon Australia and I see you don't have a lot of good options on there, in the us a 5x5 grow tent itself can be ordered for $110 and similar packages to yours for $500. I'd look hard to see if there's better options elsewhere.
Yeah very limited options and pricing obviously due to the legalities so I'll just have to look a bit harder.. 👍

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Yeah very limited options and pricing obviously due to the legalities so I'll just have to look a bit harder.. 👍
buy the light and fan filter combo,build the room or tent,pvc pipe something to throw over it and imagination goes a long ways,that 3/4 in thick foam board come in 4x8 sheets,you get a reflective side other side white,there the room cut holes for exhaust and heat fan combos and done,building materials dont bring attraction,no way i would pay over a grand for the 5x5 package you loked at,as above stated here same setup with a 1k light under 500,i bought a 2x4x5 tent,400 watt hps and mh bulbs,6in fan filter combo,came with 2 ratchet straps also under 200 bucks 4 yrs ago,then got another 6in fan filter combo for right at 100 year later for a intake,the filters i get have double ends,i take the cap off and spread on a cookie sheet and slowly glaze the charcoal to i just see a ash start,then put right back into filter,burns all the crap off,the filter wont use all of it only half closest to the fsn,the double end filters you just flip around,you can even buy charcaol at a fish store

TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Cheers mate appreciate it..

I have a phlizon 2000 W and about "8000 W equivalent" worth of COB, and they seem to work way better in combination, then either alone. But I can only attest to the vegetative growth. This is my first time using these lights and I dont start flower until next week

Latest posts

Top Bottom