Just started 7th week of flowering. Average time before harvest?

• Thread starter BigBUDS420420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBUDS420420

BigBUDS420420

First time grower here. Going into my 50th day of flowering stage. Wondering if these trichomes look milky/cloudy and if you guys have an average time for harvest. Trying to patiently wait for 20% amber trichomes. Just curious about a harvest timeline. Sorry for the bad zoomed in photos. Have a jewlers magnifier and taking pics zoomed in is kinda difficult lol.

Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 2
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 3
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 4
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 5
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 6
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 7
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 8
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 9
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 10
Just started 7th week of flowering average time before harvest 11
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
What strain is it. Some strains take a lot longer than others.

It doesn’t look like they have started to fatten up yet ; during the last two weeks they pile it on.

20% amber is a lot of amber
on average 10%
However that depends on how you like your high some will aim for just milky while others do the 10% thing.

They definitely have a few good weeks to go.

Generally indicas will take 8.5-9 weeks
Some will go longer

The suger leaves trichs turn amber earlier than the buds trichs and it’s the buds trichs you want to pay attention to.

I can see amber but I think it’s on the leaves. It wouldn’t make sense if it was on the buds as it’s to early and the thickness of the buds isn’t quite there yet

As said they can almost double up in bud size near the end

Last edited:
BigBUDS420420

BigBUDS420420

Thanks for the info. The strain is gorilla glue #5. I'm going to wait it out then. I like a full body type of feeling. The kind that puts me on my ass lol. Hopefully the buds do get way bigger as well. I'm using advanced nutrients overdrive right now watering twice a week. Do you typically flush after you see the 10% amber or wait till that 8.5-9 week mark?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the info. The strain is gorilla glue #5. I'm going to wait it out then. I like a full body type of feeling. The kind that puts me on my ass lol. Hopefully the buds do get way bigger as well. I'm using advanced nutrients overdrive right now watering twice a week. Do you typically flush after you see the 10% amber or wait till that 8.5-9 week mark?
you got some light stress happening,. raise your light 8-10 inches,.. no flushing, just lower amount of nutrients to a minimal,..

B

Busybee817

On my 6th grow now so im far from an expert. I would guess 10-14 days remaining, but idk your lights or feed schedule. Besides the trichomes, I like to wait for almost all the hairs to change from white to orange. If About 95% are orange you know your girl is tapped/tapping out. Ive also learned that if you water and feed PROPERLY throughout the grow, you can avoid the flushes. That means exact amounts of nutes (which varies per plant, per grow) and water til runoff every time. Ive only fed and watered properly thru a whole grow once. If youve been juicing them heavy with fertilizers i would recommend a flush min. 6 days, max 10 days before harvest. My first grow turned out beautiful and i over fed and overwatered constantly. But i didnt flush. Cured, It had absolutely no weed smell, just a chemical-lawn mower type smell so i never smoked it. I attribute that smell to not flushing, but maybe im wrong. One thing that is always true is what works for me might not work for you. Do an experiment. Flush half the plants, dont flush the others and see if you notice a difference. I also leave mine in the dark for 3-4 days before trimming. It allows the chlorophyll to deteriorate im told. I am positive that the darkness makes them much more tasty and smooth, ive done the pepsi challenge on multiple strains and the ones in the dark have a unanimous decision every time, but its hard for some people to wait that extra 4 days to trim.

BigBUDS420420

BigBUDS420420

Yea that's what's I figured. About 2 weeks left. I water her twice a week (mon and thurs) with about 2.25 liters of water with about 2 ml of the advanced nutrients overdrive fertilizer. I use about 75% of the recommended dosage on the bottle. I want to avoid the chemical smell so I'll probably flush once before I cut/trim. I'll also give that 4 days of darkness a try too. Thank you for the advice. I have a lot to try with my next grow now too.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter

Huh there’s not much information on g.g #5 it’s seems to also go by the name new glue. I could only find one breeder and that was g.g genetics and there information was limited.

Looking around more it’s seems to be a Indica dom strain ( sativas typically require longer )

The info I did find says it quite a high thc strain with up to 28% and starts as a creeper high wise and is quite a couchlock strain

Looking again yeah gnick is bang on about the light I dunno how I missed it.
The leaves are bleaching, going yellow at the sides a classic sign of light stress.

You will notice when they go on the double up stage as it’s pretty visable if you count two weeks from then your in the ball park.

when you harvest do it in as soon as the lights come on first thing in the morning for peak thc

I don’t flush like said we just stop feeding and water

There is no need to experiment with half being flushed and the other half not.
That’s bro science. We’ve been there and as the staff will tell you it’s a waste of time

Latest posts

Top Bottom