Just starting growing again after 2 years off. What strain do I grow?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Over 30 years under this old guys belt.

However this time around I only have 6 pots to grow in.

Caught up btwn just growing 1 strain or doing a pick in mix???

Thinking of Spumoni, Sorbet and currylato from the plug.

Something from humboldt seeds.

Chem cookies from dinafem.

Any other strains that you think I need to give a shot to????

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I had a full pack of duds on the brew. I hope he's got bx4 ones out.
Ak bean brains: TKNLhaze, Skunk qabbage, NL5 x haze, sensi star bx4, death star, kali mist, Big skunk. 907 blue genes. Blueberries and cream.
Top Dawg Seeds: Chemdog 91
Mr nice: Nevilles skunk or Black widow.
I'm old school I know I know. And a broken record... Somebody will come along with more cutting edge stuff...

Last edited:
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

If you're just getting back into it after a couple years I would start with just one pheno. Once you have your environment dialed in then I would go ahead and start doing multi pheno grows.

I bought a packet of GG4 seeds from https://elev8seeds.com/ and they seem to be doing ok. All 10 sprouted but only 8 survived transplant. Looks like the 8 that were left were all female. I was kind of hoping for a male to make seed but I'll just pick the best 6 and put the other two in the outside garden and let them go to flower naturally. I'll take some cuts and root them and decide what I want to do with them.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

So you have plants die in a transplant? Ive never even experienced transplant shock in 10 years. They're usually just relieved to see more dirt in my experience. I did super early this time. Like right at 2 weeks or less. The roots were nowhere near the edges of the cup even. I went with a strict never bind never limit approach.

juggernaut

juggernaut

My favourite seed companies to date would be
Archive seeds
Oh raskell
Humboldt seed org
The plug seedbank
Divine

Some top seeds
Wifi
Spumoni
Currylato
Dedoverde haze
Chem cookies
Nl#5 x haze
Scott’s og
Gg#4
So many more

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

So you have plants die in a transplant? Ive never even experienced transplant shock in 10 years. They're usually just relieved to see more dirt in my experience. I did super early this time. Like right at 2 weeks or less. The roots were nowhere near the edges of the cup even. I went with a strict never bind never limit approach.
I did the paper towel method to sprout them. 2 of them died when I transplanted them into soil. I must've broken the tap or something that they didn't like.

After I harvest the GG4 I'm gonna do a tent full of Girl Scout Cookies then some Wedding Cake. Grew a ton of Wedding Cake when I was with Jungle Boys in L.A.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I did the paper towel method to sprout them. 2 of them died when I transplanted them into soil. I must've broken the tap or something that they didn't like.

After I harvest the GG4 I'm gonna do a tent full of Girl Scout Cookies then some Wedding Cake. Grew a ton of Wedding Cake when I was with Jungle Boys in L.A.
Sometimes when you transfer them from paper towel to dirt,it's possible to plant them too deep or if you don't use a very loose mix,the weight of the dirt holds the shell shut or they cant push to the surface. I push a small depression with my finger and cover it with loose dirt/perlite mix,(mist surface as needed to keep it moist) so it can easily break the surface,you also get a much better root system later and overwatering is less likely. I leave them in a domed tray with a heating pad and once they surface I take them out and put them under a shop light.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

If you leave them in the paper towel too long and they feel a little bit stuck like velcro. Thats a whole section of those cilia things getting torn off.
Just put them in dirt and wait a week to see a plant. All they need is water. There's no point in seeing the thing start other than "ooo look there's the root".
Not to be a smartass about it.
Also if the soil is on the hot side they tend to adapt quicker. Rather than spending 2 days in a neutral paper towel first.
For various reasons they get aclimated quicker with direct (duds are still duds).

The paper towel thing is just a gimmick. There's no point in it other than watching that very first thing happen. Just plant seed.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Archive seeds
Oh raskell
Humboldt seed org
The plug seedbank
Divine

Some top seeds
Wifi
Spumoni
Currylato
Dedoverde haze
Chem cookies
Nl#5 x haze
Scott’s og
Gg#4
So many more
I always wanted to grow wifi.

Welcome back to growing. Been about a yr and a half for me and just getting going also. Looking forward to the show no matter what ya choose… as long as its wifi that is.

Lol kidding in the last part of course

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Archive seeds
Oh raskell
Humboldt seed org
The plug seedbank
Divine

Some top seeds
Wifi
Spumoni
Currylato
Dedoverde haze
Chem cookies
Nl#5 x haze
Scott’s og
Gg#4
So many more
So uh. None of those strains seem to be at any of those breeders except wifi. Scott's og is obviously from Rare Dankness. I'm confused...

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Hey I got a question. Does anybody have a more refined hindu kush other than sensi seeds?
Also who has the best pakistani kush.
And straight purple kush. Where's the best place to get any of those?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I always wanted to grow wifi.

Welcome back to growing. Been about a yr and a half for me and just getting going also. Looking forward to the show no matter what ya choose… as long as its wifi that is.

Lol kidding in the last part of course
Not sure if it's the same WIFI but I grew some WIFI OG. Is this the same cultivar cross?

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I believe its wifi OG
OK...really nice cultivar but prone to mildew. Other than that it was a pretty hardy plant. Had one run where they got infected with spider mites. I suspect they were of the Mendo Mite flavor. Those F'ers are hard to kill. I abused the hell out of those plants trying to get the mites under control. They didn't even break a sweat and kept on smiling the whole time!!!

juggernaut

juggernaut

Mites tend to ruin the party. Always hope I catch them early.
Predator mites till harvest
Then high performance cleaners and bug spray for 3 weeks in btwn runs.

I’ve had them survive 2 wks and create a problem for the next cycle

Latest posts

Top Bottom